This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obviously I Am Psychic

What's the one word I hate to hear from a customer?

The word "obviously".

as in -

me - when did the home service agent go to your house
    customer - it was wednesday, obviously.

why obviously wednesday, of all seven days of the week?

me - how many days have you been without service
    customer - its quite obvious, if you think about it
    me - how can I think about it? I wasn't at your house when the problem occurred, why don't you just tell me.Guess if you aren't sure, ie i think the problem started last tuesday and was resolved this morning, i can work with that by cross referencing notes on the computer system from last monday/tuesday/wednesday to find the exact date..

once i had a conversation like this

The customer had answered most of my questions saying the answer was obvious, i was getting fed up with it as if it was obvious i would not have asked
    me - so, when would you like me to organise an authorisation payment for you
    customer - obviously this afternoon before i pick the children up from school
    me - when do you pick them up from school
    customer - snarkily - isn't it obvious
    me - if you tell me something is obvious once more when i am trying to help you, did not know you had children, and do not know how long it takes you to pick them up from school, i will hang up.now, would you like the payment in cash, or by some other means, to your bank account
    customer - its patently obvious i want cash because............

she didn't finish that because i hung up, and i voided the transaction.
    Customer "why did you answer the phone if you can't help me?"

Quoth TelephoneAngel View Post

she didn't finish that because i hung up, and i voided the transaction.
    Obviously *ducks, runs and hides*
    I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Comment

Ugh...one of my Spanish-speaking clients did something similar to me a couple of weeks ago. Worse, it happened on a call where I was translating for another worker, so I had to keep things brief and more or less ignore the "obvious" statements coming out of her mouth. She REALLY ticked me off at the point where I asked her the source of her income (she did not have a regular job), and she said, "Obviously, FROM WORK." Well...we had a written statement verifying that someone paid her cash for some kind of work, but there was no indication what kind of work it actually was.

I had to bite my tongue so hard that I practically bit a hole in it. I did, however, let her know that her employment verifications needed to be a little less circumspect in the future. To which she replied, "Obviously." If it was so obvious, why wasn't it clear in the first place, idiot??

Comment

Quoth RayvenQ View Post
        Obviously *ducks, runs and hides*
        LOL that's enough to turn a psychic psychotic!
        Arp happens!

Just when I was getting used to yesterday, along came today.

Comment

Obviously, some of these SCs don't know what "obvious" means.
          Women can do anything men can.
          But we don't because lots of it's disgusting.
          Maxine

Comment

I hate people who do this! Look, dummy, just because your life is going along path A doesn't mean my life is. Just because B happened to you doesn't mean it happened to me. Just because you're currently experiencing C doesn't mean I am, or know what is happening. Lay off the damned condescending "obviously" statements and just give me the information I ask for (which, obviously, if I knew, I wouldn't ask for! )
            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
            My LiveJournal
            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth Cazzi View Post
              LOL that's enough to turn a psychic psychotic!
              Ooh, I didn't see that coming

I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Comment

Quoth Sparky View Post
                Obviously, some of these SCs don't know what "obvious" means.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Comment

my mind is sooooo playing that line in Mandy Patinkin's voice...

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                    my mind is sooooo playing that line in Mandy Patinkin's voice...
                    Then my work here is done.

Comment

This reminds me of when I used to do tabletop roleplay with some college friends. Every time I went to tell them what my character was doing, I would say, "Basically..." It got to the point when I would start to speak they would all either groan or laugh hysterically. I guess it's a nervous habit or something?

Comment

Quoth computeraide View Post
                        ... "Basically..."
                        And none of them were deft/daft enough to respond: "Acidulously..." to neutralize things?
                        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                          And none of them were deft/daft enough to respond: "Acidulously..." to neutralize things?
                          LMAO, gooooooood one
                          Sorry, my love cannot be bought. And if it could, you obviously don't have enough in your account to do so.

~Do not pass go, Do not collect $200. You lose, my friend, you lose~

Comment

Quoth RayvenQ View Post
                            Ooh, I didn't see that coming

/puts away invisibility cloak & looks innocent
                            Arp happens!

Just when I was getting used to yesterday, along came today.

Comment

Working...
                            X