This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Liars

My Sunday was spent dealing with liars.... usually EWs who are trying to exaggerate something to get someone else in trouble, and I'm the only one on the phone so I have to deal with them.

Complaining Old Man calls.... to complain, of course. His story is that he called an office to set up a showing for the next day and is told that showings aren't allowed. He's angry because the listing said "24 hours notice required to show property" and he's calling 24 hours before he wants to show it and they're refusing to show it.

So I call the list office and speak with the admin. It's not that they refused the showing, it's that showings aren't allowed on that ONE DAY because the owner was having company over. They were willing to show it the following day, but that wasn't good enough.

Complaining Old Man calls back... with yet another complaint. This time he's calling because a property is marked CCS (Contingent Continue to Show) but the list agent says that they aren't allowing showings.

So I call this list agent (who I will call Complaining Woman) to verify. Now... funny fact. Complaining Woman & her husband constantly complain about EVERYONE else. They'll use our report function to report 100 listings at a time for incorrect data or someone possibly breaking the rules. So I find it amusing that I'm now contacting them because someone complained about them. Complaining Woman answers the phone, and I ask her if such-&-such property is available to be shown. She says No. I explain to her that if it can't be shown, it needs to be marked as Pending... it can only be "Contingent Continue to Show" if they are actually allowing it to be shown. Now she changes her mind and says that they'll show it if someone really wants to see it.

Now, this is fishy since she changed her story... after all, don't you think that if someone is calling that they really want to see the property? Or does she think that they just randomly grabbed a number and called it? Either way, I write up LOTS of notes.

So, the next day (all the previous calls happened on Sunday) my Manager calls me up. Wants to know if I called Complaining Woman, because Complaining Women complained to our CEO. I told my Manager what happened and sent her my notes... turned out that Complaining Women had a completely different story (of course) and that she never mentioned that fact that she told me that showings weren't allowed at first. And my Manager hates liars more than anything.

Oh.... and Complaining Man called back again... because he had left a VM for a list agent on Sunday afternoon and hadn't heard back from the agent (as of 9am Monday morning) and he didn't seem to understand that some agents don't work on Sundays. And no, I'm not going to fine an agent for not returning your call on his day off, when he's not even in the office to get the call in the first place!

(And when I find out how Complaining Man keeps getting routed to my phone, someone is going to die....)
    Last edited by Wenchie; 02-23-2010, 10:39 PM.
    "Good morning, and in case I don't see ya, good afternoon, good evening, and good night!" - The Truman Show
Working...
X