This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't Bag My Items

Yesterday, I had a customer who brought her own bags. When she used up her bags, I started bagging the remaining items. She got offensive with the way I was packing and told me that she brought her own bags for a reason. She also told me that she didn't want one item in a bag. The only items I put in a bag by itself were dish soap and eggs (not in the same bag). I unbagged everything I did and just let her pack the rest of her groceries herself.
    Last edited by purplecat41877; 02-24-2010, 01:56 PM.
    My Fanfic Page
    My Fiction Page
    My Social Group
    My Pet Social Group
    My You Tube Channel

Wanna bet she'll complain her food tastes like soap later?
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

You shouldn't be mad purplecat. She saved you the hasle of trying to read her mind. Should be glad in fact cause if anything is damaged it's all her own damn fault.

Comment

reminds me of the "not always right" i read where the customer was offended no matter what the clerk did.
        offended that the clerk commented that it looked like she was making pies
        offended that the clerk continued to "look" at the groceries as she bagged them
        offended that the clerk obeyed her and started bagging with her eyes closed

sometimes no matter what you do, they'll be offended

Comment

If I'm shopping somewhere where my groceries are bagged for me, and I didn't bring enough bags, I just suck it up and hope that no one I know sees me walking home with the plastic ones. If I have special requests for bagging I make sure to say them IN ADVANCE. I'm not sure why that's such a difficult thing to do. (And I'm the person who will get handed my stuff in a plastic bag before remembering to tell them that I don't need a bag, so it's not like I'm on the ball).

Comment

That always bugged me as a cashier, when the customer would throw a fit over how I bagged their stuff. Worse was when the customer would wait until it was half-done or more before voicing a complaint, even though they watched me the whole way and knew what I was doing. Worst was when the customer would tell me how to bag their things, then rebag it anyway.

What gets me as a customer is when I bring my cloth bags and put them first on the belt, before my purchases, so the cashier can start bagging into the cloth right away...and then the cashier sets them aside and starts bagging into plastic anyway.
            "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
            - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

PepperElf, I LOVE NotAlwaysRight. Wish there were more stories to read.

i really find it hard to believe that some people are THAT STUPID!!!! The stories are so hard to believe.

Susan

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                sometimes no matter what you do, they'll be offended
                That's because they are suffering from Offensenitivity

vloglady -- I wish I could still believe that that level of stupidity were not possible in this world...But I worked in retail for far too long. and the memory adjustment devices aren't quite perfected yet...If you are thinking, "what devices", that just means that yours actually worked...
                "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
                X