This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• they see the "Free" part

Okay, so apparently (I hadn't had a clue) our hotel brand was running a buy 3 nights, get a 4th free promition. When our receipts printed out, this was printed at the bottom. Unlike most hotels, when promotions are run individual hotels are not responsible directly.

Me: *call from inhouse answer*
    SC: I want my free night!
    Me: (huh?) I am sorry? (talk about vague)
    SC: I want my free night! At the bottom of my receipt it says I can get a free night!
    Me: Okay...I am sure that is possibly something that can only be booked through central reservations....
    SC: It says here that, "Earn a free night after 3 stays or 10 nights in a row. Please see (website) for detail..." oh. WELL I GUESS I HAVE TO GO TO THIS SITE. FINE WHATEVER. I WANT MY NIGHT!
    Me: Okay, if it says you have to visit that website, then that is the only way to get the free night booked...
    SC: Fine I want two receipts, take care of this?
    Me: (This is literally the most vague guest I have had in a LOONG time.) I'm sorry?
    SC: I want these on two different receipts! I will be down in 45 minutes (it was 545am) and I want this taken care of!
    Me: (Gotta dicipher wtf this guy is trying to tell me, so I hope up his file in hopes to figure something out.) Okay... (I see he has stayed two nights...here goes a shot.) You want your two night you have stayed on two different receipts?
    SC: Yes! Get this done now!
    Me: Okay, no problem. I won't be here in 45 minutes, but...*interruption*
    SC: OH GREAT! *mad*
    Me: BUT I will get these receipts set up, let the new person know about them, and we can go from there. *smile over phone*
    SC: *calmed down a bit* Okay good.

I go ahead and pull up said website & the fine print is kinda vast, so I print it off for the AM shifter, get the receipts ready, explain to her. She looks at me confused... The print actually said that you apply for it, they send you the "certificate" and then you can book a room ahead of time for a year. Nothing like being informed.

And alls I know is that if guests actually do read, they only see the word FREE.

NOTE: This guy stayed a night after again. He is WEIRD.
    When it comes to getting things done, we need fewer architects and more bricklayers. ---Colleen C. Barrett---

Quoth thehippie777 View Post
    ...the fine print is kinda vast...
    The only thing worse is when the fine print is 50% vast...
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Gee, work for IHG do ya?

We had a promotion like that last year. It was a freaking nightmare. But some of the guests were smart enough to read and look up the info before attacking the desk.
      Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

What we say to SCs:

To qualify for your fee night, you must stay for 3 nights. Then we'll send you a certificate for a free night to be booked any time by the end of the year.

What they hear:

blah blah blah blah FREE blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah FREE blah blah blah
        To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
          Gee, work for IHG do ya?

We had a promotion like that last year. It was a freaking nightmare. But some of the guests were smart enough to read and look up the info before attacking the desk.
          Yeah, luckily this one only lasts till mid-March

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
          What we say to SCs:

To qualify for your fee night, you must stay for 3 nights. Then we'll send you a certificate for a free night to be booked any time by the end of the year.

What they hear:

blah blah blah blah FREE blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah FREE blah blah blah
          Yep, apparently.
          When it comes to getting things done, we need fewer architects and more bricklayers. ---Colleen C. Barrett---

Comment

Working...
          X