This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No...we don't have everything

So I work at Ace Hardware and we get a lot of customers that ask for things it's pretty obvious we don't carry. We also have a lot of the "but yesterday..."or "last time..." customers. Here's one of the interactions.

SC=Sucky Customer (SC1=girl SC2=boy) J=Me

SC1 and 2: *In the plumbing isle*
    J: Can I help you find anything?
    SC1: We're looking for elastic for sewing.
    J: I'm sorry, but we don't carry elastic for sewing.
    SC2: But it was here yesterday, right next to the birdseed.
    J: *thinking, once again that this was the plumbing isle* I'm sorry, but we haven't had elastic here. You could try the sewing store...
    SC1: You're sure?
    J: Yes.

Only after they left did I realize that these were friends of mine from high school. Sad, angry day.

Well, you know, with a store that stocks the birdseed in the plumbing aisle, anything could be anywhere. Maybe you *do* have sewing elastic, stored in the tank of a display toilet or something

And another just as insurance against someone taking this post seriously.
    Now the trouble about trying to make yourself stupider than you really are is that you very often succeed.

Comment

I feel your pain. I believe that many customers think that all stores have the stock of wallyworld. Or as I said in a previous post a 5th dimensional hole that you can reach in and pull the right thing out of. I swear someone is going to come into my nascar sponsoring hardware store and ask where the tires, baby diapers and produce are located.
      "Wow, that has to be the best genital analogy EVER. "

Comment

Pardon me, But do you have any grey poupon?

Lucky me i dont get to deal with the department store "Do you have"'s. I just get the fast food, nonexistant item "Do you have"

Comment

In the grocery store:

SC: Hey where are the shower curtains?
          Co-worker: Uh....Walmart?
          SC: ..okay.

Comment

Quoth Zell View Post
            In the grocery store:

SC: Hey where are the shower curtains?
            Co-worker: Uh....Walmart?
            SC: ..okay.
            I've done that! I could be that co-worker!

"When your deepest thoughts are broken, keep on dreaming, boy; when you stop dreaming it's time to die" -- Blind Melon

Comment

can i ask is it considered sucky to be asked if you stock something which you don't stock or is it only sucky if it's something which it would be unreasonable to expect you to stock?

i

Comment

A couple nights ago:

Some guy: Hey, where's your clearance?
                Me: All over the store.
                SG: What, you mean I have to go look for it?
                Me: Yup. It's not all together in one aisle.

Seriously, the clearance has taken over close to half our endstands and is in other spots as well. It's also not organized by department very well. So if you ask me where all our clearance is, you'll likely get the answer I gave that guy.
                Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Legal Eagle View Post
                  is it only sucky if it's something which it would be unreasonable to expect you to stock?

i
                  That one.

If they ask about a product that could be reasonably sold in your store, then its just a regular question, and deserves no special merit, unless they ask for a ton of it.

If they ask for, say, an automobile tire when you work at an AT&T phone store, then that's when they become "special" enough.

Comment

Working...
                  X