This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recap of Yesterday

Yesterday was busy. From the time I went in I had a line of customers at my register. I was ringing them up as quickly as I could.

Then the phone rang. I had to let it ring a few times because I was so busy, but then I finally picked it up because it was driving me crazy. Here's the conversation:

Me: Accessories, how may I help you?
    C: I'm looking for a [designer] handbag--
    Me: Oh, I'm going to have to transfer you to that department, I'm only accessories, like sunglasses and scarves.
    C: But I called there all day and no one would pick up! Anyway, I found this bag and I wanted to know if you could check to see if it's in stock.
    Me: Well all I can do is check the register and see how many there are here, but I can't go in the stockroom and look for it.
    C: But...but I was checking it online and it said you might have it there.
    Me: Oh, it's online! Chances are it's not in the store then; we don't usually get the products that they sell online. Even if we did it would be tough to find here, since I need to SKU number before I go looking for it, and they don't provide that online.
    C: Well can't you look for it anyway if I describe it to you?(Alright people, keep in mind that I'm still trying to get my line down, even though it's piled up even more since I've been on the phone. )
    Me: Ma'am I'm really sorry, but there's nothing I can do. I'm in the accessories department and the designer handbags are on the other side. I cannot leave my area.
    C: Can you get me the manager then?

I ended up just transferring her to my manager's phone, which I'm not sure if that's something I'm even allowed to do.

I don't get it. When these people call the store they immediately get a list of departments. My department isn't even listed first, yet for some reason when they call looking for handbags they choose my number. I used to try to find things for customers, but it's gotten so aggravating that now I'll just repeat to them that I cannot do anything about it and then transfer them to their proper department. I really don't understand how no one would even answer on that side, since a) I didn't hear the phone ring once, and b)there was someone over there. I think I'm going to start taking the phone off the hook when I come in.
    Check out my art: http://mechanicold.deviantart.com/

I think that most people put purses/wallets/handbags in the 'Accessories' category, so that's what they're listening for in the menu. It's easy to just not hear any words that don't resemble what you want to hear. I know myself sometimes I've had to go through the menu three or four times before I figured out the right choice.
    What colour is the sky in your world and how high of a dosage do you need before it turns back to blue? --Gravekeeper

Comment

Working...
    X