Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To the freshmen who decided to throw a birthday party...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To the freshmen who decided to throw a birthday party...

I am very honored that you have chosen our venue, the university library, to celebrate the birth of one of your time-honored friends. Most people would not think to hold a birthday celebration in a place such as a library. Being in the center of Paris, France in spring, you had many options but you chose the basement of our fine establishment to set out your cake and plates.

I'm sure you thought you were courteous by choosing the small library room for your venue, where people are allowed to talk, as opposed to the large library room which is a silent study hall. And I'm sure it had nothing to do with that fact that the small library room is not visible from the large library room where I, your humble library assistant, am seated at the desk.

I also thank you for deserting the small library room leaving me with a large cake box full of crumbs, with more crumbs scattered on the table amongst crumpled napkins. As a library assistant I get paid a measly sum, so every morsel of food counts. So I thank you for thinking of me.

Thank you to the student who witnessed the events who knew your names as well. ;-)
    Last edited by dbblsanta; 03-08-2010, 09:08 PM.

Quoth dbblsanta View Post
    Thank you to the student who witnessed the events who knew your names as well. ;-)
    I hope there's a Chapter 2 to this.
    A fact of life: After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F.....

Comment

All I know about chapter two is that I told the librarian about it including the name of the birthday girl. She brought the cake box up to the main office to show the staff. How they reacted I don't know. She then wrote an e-mail to the girl which she asked me to proofread as she doesn't speak English 100% fluently. It was a bit too nice for my tastes . Basically it said: "I hope you had a happy birthday" — me: vous voulez sembler sarcastique avec ça? —her: non, il faut commencer avec quelque chose de sympa* "but I must remind you that bringing food into the library is forbidden. I'm sure it won't happen again. Thank you, Librarian Name.

(Nothing about the fact that not only did she bring food into the library, she just left it there without picking it up, which is really the worst part).

--------

*You want to come across as sarcastic with that? — No, you have to start out with something nice first.

Comment

Oh, that's nothing: at my small private university, some students decided that it would be a GREAT idea to host a dance party/rave in one of the small study rooms in the library. Complete with dancing on the tables.

Yeah...NOT.

Freaking morons. The campus security office was about 1 minute's walk away.
        "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

My pony dolls: http://equestriarags.tumblr.com

Comment

One minute away? Wonderful!
          Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Quoth Kristev View Post
            One minute away? Wonderful!
            Yeah...again, not the brightest bulbs in the box.

Ha! I'd forgotten they made a video of it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGZ3hxSr7Eg

I loved my library job...but I really really HATED morons like these, who not only made it difficult to use the library to study/research, but also had no care for the mess they left. UGH.
            "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

My pony dolls: http://equestriarags.tumblr.com

Comment

Working...
            X