X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sc Knows more about store hours than me

I hate getting calls around 11pm
    [brackets are thoughts]

me: "Hello thank you for calling <store>, this is underemployeed, how may I help you?
    sc: "Yes I was calling to see what time you closed."
    me: "We are open 24hrs 365 days a year."
    sc: "Oh, ok, so does that mean your open right now?"
    [your speaking with a live person, what do you think?]
    me: "Yes, we never close"
    sc: "I drive by all the time believe me you close!"
    me: "Ma'am I assure you this location (described to SC) Does not close. Are you sure you didn't mean to call (describe 2 other locations in area)?"
    sc: "NO, I meant to call your location."
    me: "Is there anything else I can help you with?"
    sc: "No."
    me: "Thank you for calling <store>."
    (I hang up phone)

shortly afterwards.

me: "Hello thank you for calling <store>, this is underemployeed, how may I help you?
    sc: "Yes I wanted to tell you how rude you were when you spoke with me earlier and then you decided to hang up on me"
    [EXUSE ME!!!!]
    me: "Excuse me?"
    sc: "You acted like you felt I had no idea what I was talking about!"
    [because it is true]
    me: "I'm truly sorry that wasn't my intention"
    sc: "Ok" (they hang up phone)

I REALLY hate when people act like I'm completely wrong on something I know for absolutely certain. Such as 2+2=4. More so when they call me to ask a question like above because I really would think the employee on duty knows what is going on better than the person who had to call for the hours of operation.
    I'm sorry reading is not a new concept it has been widely taught in our nation for at least the past 100 years. Please, learn to do it CORRECTLY before you become contagious.

Whenever they're wrong, we're rude. Retail rule #1.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

you needed to get their number and call them back and tell them they were rude for hanging up on you - then hand up real fast. It's a battle of the last words I think.

Comment

Quoth underemployeed View Post
        I hate getting calls around 11pm
        [brackets are thoughts]

I REALLY hate when people act like I'm completely wrong on something I know for absolutely certain. Such as 2+2=4. More so when they call me to ask a question like above because I really would think the employee on duty knows what is going on better than the person who had to call for the hours of operation.

That's close to what I had recently. We run a bookstore. A BOOKSTORE! Now granted, many many years ago it was called Gas Station Antiques, because the building was many many many many years ago, a gas station (we are talking 1940s people!) and after that, it was an antique store, but still ....

Woman comes in, looks around for about 10 minutes, comes up to the counter and says .....

Wait for it .....

I need a pack of Marlboros.
        Me: we are a bookstore <Did you not see the BOOKS?>
        But I NEEEEDDDDDDDDDDDDD Marlboros !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<facepalm>

Comment

Working...
        X