Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yes! I will remember you ARE the customer so of course you're right SUPER LONG!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, I'm impressed that you managed to keep your cool while she talked to you like that. I'm so glad things haven't gotten that bad for me yet. I would have ignored the first few things she said, but if she mentioned anything personal like my schooling or whatever and the transaction wasn't finished, I would have canceled the transaction and made another sales associate do it. I wonder what kind of life this lady lives to make her feel that she's entitled to insulting people for no good reason.
    Check out my art: http://mechanicold.deviantart.com/

Comment

Quoth VComps View Post
      Honestly, you should just told her "You know, state law also states that we have the right to refuse service to anyone. So, as you've just insulted me, I invite you shop elsewhere. I don't want your business. Goodbye."
      I've done it a couple times. Just say, "Hey, you can come back another time because, it is my right to refuse service. Goodbye." If they pressed on, I'd threaten law enforcement intervention, because we clearly had a trespasser.

Comment

Quoth JLG View Post
        I would have told her I was the one of the managers and nope can't return it.

Since you had to return it your manager should have come up and did the return.

When I am the MOD and I do override something, I go up to the customer and tell them my associate is correct in the policy and I take over the transaction.
        Our old SM did what the OP said, all the time. Old SM got transferred and the new SM, if the employee is following policy and they do decide to over ride it, and only if it is a extraordinary circumstance, the SM will use their ID to process the return and explain that the employee was correct, and also they will remove the employee form the situation if the SC decides to get all bitchy about it.

Comment

Quoth JLG View Post
          When I am the MOD and I do override something, I go up to the customer and tell them my associate is correct in the policy and I take over the transaction.
          I don't suppose you can go over and bitchslap Orcprincess' manager into having her people's backs?

Orcprincess, what might be fun for the future is to make a printout of the relevant retail laws (if you can find them) and any time someone carps up with "it's the lawwww," you can pull out the book you've made yourself and ask them to point it out.

^-.-^
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth orcprincess View Post
            So I go talk to store mgr. she says tell her you are the manager and you normally wouldn't do this, and that you'll do it just this once.

ya know you may want to look into your local laws-had your manager done that here-yeah that's illegal-violation of state health codes(which are law)-big fine.....
            Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Quoth Thatgirl71 View Post
              I know I wouldn't have lasted 2 seconds without going off on her bitchy ass.
              Me neither. I used to have nerves of steel, but since moving away from customer support, I've become soft. :-P

It: Maybe if you would have stayed in school you would have a real job, and not be struggling here, as you can't handle this.
              Education has nothing to do with this most of the time. There _ARE_ times it does factor in, but only about 2% of the time now that the economy's so bad. As others have said, it's the customer projecting her own inadequacies on you. I have a high school diploma only, and the only reason I have the job I have is because I started at the bottom and worked my way up. It required hours on end of overtime, and making sure I did the job right the first time.

I have friends with masters degrees in computer science, electrical engineering and similar degrees that generally land really high paying jobs working as a burger flipper for McDonalds. Education means little to nothing right now.
              Coworker: Distro of choice?
              Me: Gentoo.
              Coworker: Ahh. A Masochist. I thought so.

Comment

Quoth Midorikawa View Post
                Education means little to nothing right now.
                Education does mean something now but I think more depends on what you do with said education and your persistance. I graduated in 1992 but it took me two years to find something remotely related to my degree. Other people gave up quicker than I did.
                Last edited by MadMike; 03-20-2010, 11:59 PM. Reason: Please don't quote the entire post.

Comment

Quoth mikoyan29 View Post
                  Education does mean something now but I think more depends on what you do with said education and your persistance.
                  Maybe my original post wasn't clear as I typed it over the course of about an hour or so. :-P

What I meant more of was that because of the crappy economy and people losing their jobs, more people are taking burger flipping jobs who are highly educated than the high school dropouts or high school students you usually see working there, and less "that degree you got isn't even suitable as toilet paper." :-)
                  Coworker: Distro of choice?
                  Me: Gentoo.
                  Coworker: Ahh. A Masochist. I thought so.

Comment

I refused

Methinks I am going to resign as assistant, and go back to an associate. I love money though. Then I can go harass the manager and drop this b.s. drama
                    I turned down the job of AM when I was offered it at the restaurant, I saw how much customer BS, unpaid overtime and worse employee BS the AMs had to deal with.

Working in the kitchen was a lot less stress.

Comment

Job vs Time

Quoth Midorikawa View Post
                      I have friends with masters degrees in computer science, electrical engineering and similar degrees that generally land really high paying jobs working as a burger flipper for McDonalds. Education means little to nothing right now.
                      Problem is even if your education gives a good job, the job takes up all your time.

My friend Larry makes good money working for the stock exchange, he will be working this entire weekend 8am-midnight because the job requires him to.

My friend Sonya makes good money working for a bank, yesterday she had me delay our planned Feb.5.2011 14 day cruise a full year to Feb.4.2012 because she can't get enough vacation time.

Myself, I only work part-time now, I vacation now far more than when I made good money as a computer tech but the job was sucking up all my free time.

Fancy jobs titles do not mean anything if they are your entire life.

Comment

It: Maybe if you would have stayed in school you would have a real job, and not be struggling here, as you can't handle this.
                        I am only reading this. I do not know you. This was not me this incident happened to. And yet I am literally shaking with anger right now. I actually can not believe the FUCKING NERVE of some people. That is such a disrespectful, pretentious, haughty thing to say. I graduated with my bilingual French certificate and honours, have a very high IQ, yet I haven't been able to afford school, and am working a menial job til I can pay for it. So hearing things like this makes my blood absolutely boil. I am in awe that you did not punch her, you deserve a medal.
                        "All god does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring." - Invisible Monsters

"The only thing stronger than fear is hope." - Suzanne Collins

Comment

Quoth earl colby pottinger View Post
                          Problem is even if your education gives a good job, the job takes up all your time.
                          Tell me about it.

My brother's job as a pharmacist makes him about twice what my computer programming job does, but it seems he's always working. It's very difficult to plan anything with him these days, because he's either working or on call.
                          Sometimes life is altered.
                          Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                          Uneasy with confrontation.
                          Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

On the whole degree business orcprincess, perhaps you could have started talking all "academia" all over her head so that she couldn't understand you? My boyfriend gets this all the time working at a service station. They think he is only there because he isn't educated. Thing is he has nearing the end of his honours degree, he works weekends to help make ends meet/have a little bit extra spending money. I don't think they realise that he does know big words, and he knows how to use them, and they don't expect him to understand what they say.
                            Began work Aug as casual '08
                            Ex-coworkers from current place of work: 26ish
                            Current co-workers at current place of work: 15ish - yes he just hired 3 more casuals
                            Why do I still work there again?

Comment

Working...
                            X