Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's all YOUR FAULT that the prices suck.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's all YOUR FAULT that the prices suck.

Okay, so this woman came up to the counter yesterday, asking about Yoshi's Island 2 for the DS.
    I explained to her that there was only one Yoshi's Island for the DS, took it out of the drawer, and showed it to her.
    She nodded, saying that was what she was talking about, and asked how much it was. I informed her it was $34.99.

So all of a sudden she gets really offended, like I just insulted her or something. "35 dollars! What a ripoff! I've seen it at Store X for 30! Store Y too! Just because you guys are a game store doesn't mean you can rip people off!"
    I informed her that most new DS games are released with a retail price of $34.99, and that that was just how nintendo does these things.

"Well you should change it!"
    She then stormed out without saying anything else to me.

Um...alright miss. It's not like I can do anything about the prices.

Craaazies!

We get people who come in, wander, see prices, then leave complaining "it's too expeeeeensiiive". Do I care? No. We made over $12,000 yesterday, so obviously everyone else likes the prices. (liquor store, by the way)

Comment

You should have asked her if you should end world hunger while you were at it.

Comment

Quoth CanadaGirl View Post
        Craaazies!

We get people who come in, wander, see prices, then leave complaining "it's too expeeeeensiiive".

I get that too. Well that is what Vs, and the other companies said to charge.
        Under The Moon Paranormal Research
        San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

I used to work across the street from a Costco.

I would get headaches trying to explain to people that Costco could charge cheaper because they require a MEMBERSHIP. Despite my efforts, many people just could not understand why we wouldn't price match them.

Comment

Why do customers treat normal stores like their favorite, "Everywhere Else"?
            Unseen but seeing
            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
            3rd shift needs love, too
            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
              Why do customers treat normal stores like their favorite, "Everywhere Else"?
              Because Everywhere Else has the best prices and if you don't like that price they knock it down because they believe that the customer is always right.
              The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

Quoth erik316wttn View Post
                You should have asked her if you should end world hunger while you were at it.
                But of course. We could give away free ps3s and Red Bull with every purchase.
                People just don't understand that businesses charge money for things to make a profit. God forbid someone wants to feed their kids.

Comment

Here's my sucky price tidbit from today:

CL: Cheap lady
                  Me: myself and I

CL: I want an itemized receipt.
                  Me: Mmhmm [as I ring up items]
                  CL: Is this called a discount store?
                  Me: Nope. [It's called Office Depot.] {with apologies to Dave1982, our Staples guru}
                  CL: Does your corporate call it a discount store?
                  Me: I don't know what corporate thinks. [a slight untruth]
                  CL: Do you call it a discount store?
                  Me: I don't.
                  CL: I would call it a high price store.
                  Me: Mmkay, have a great day.

Comment

"Richway doesn't look like a discount store, but our price tags give us away"
                    Now the trouble about trying to make yourself stupider than you really are is that you very often succeed.

Comment

Customer asks how much our Marlboros are, and I say "$3.68 a pack after tax."
                      Customer says "You say that like it's cheap."

Well, of course! Snarl at me because OBVIOUSLY I'm the one who's gouging you senseless on the cost of your emphysemarettes. It makes perfect sense, the guy behind the counter wearing three things that came from Goodwill must be making a fuckin' fortune off these things. That couldn't possibly be his beat-up shitbox car sitting in the corner of the lot.

Bastards.

(Note to car: I didn't mean it, I love you, but come on, what else can you break that I haven't already fixed...)
                      "Love keeps her in the air when she ought fall down, let's you know she's hurting 'fore she keens...makes her a home."

Comment

Okay, so crazy lady knew what store X and Y sold the game for but didn't buy it at those stores? Was she price shopping and thinking that a "game" store would be cheaper? Did she get mad because she assumed the game store would be cheaper and rather than calling to confirm, she hopped her little happy ass in her car and drove to said game store to get the game cheaper. Then, outraged because the game store was nearly 5 bucks more, decided that it was the clerks fault for this heinous fact and therefore she must make the poor clerk suffer.

Then, without buying said game, she storms out to probably go back to X or Y. The money she could've saved by price shopping over the phone or even online because she would've also saved in gas would be more. Since she is so concerned about cost, you think she would've figured this out...but no, that would be logic and we all don't come here with stories of the logical customers we serve.
                        "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Quoth counterjockey View Post
                          Customer asks how much our Marlboros are, and I say "$3.68 a pack after tax."
                          Customer says "You say that like it's cheap."
                          At my store, Marlbs are $3.95 plus tax, for a grand total of $4.17 a pack. Newports are $4.60 for a total of $4.86.

I heard a rumor that prices were actually going UP 17 cents a pack starting today, but I won't find out for certain until Monday.
                          I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

Yea, I hate that shit. How much money do these people honestly think we make? and on the reverse side of that, when they complain about pricing, don't they even think about where that money HAS to go? 35 bucks for a game is not alot when you have to consider. A: nintendo has to pay the people that make the game (or whatever company they license who has to pay its employees) B: whatever company manufactures the materials for the game needs to get paid C: the game store needs to pay its employees. D: all of above people need to also make a profit. And I know that is just a gross oversimplification of the whole process/expenses...

We are the "low-life" burger flippers and counter jockeys...servers and retail slaves... don't people think for one moment about who really has control over the pricing and pay checks of employees? GEEZ. Stop whining! you idiot complainers, coupon whores, scam artists, and super bitchy price shoppers are the reason half the good businesses go OUT of business and all us retail schlepps can't get paid jack. Stop whining about prices and just pony up the dough! Don't look shocked when we tell you a price, refuse to buy, and then complain about bad customer service and underpaid employees who don't care about doing their jobs! Oh, and not to mention high employee turnover...I left a job that was like all of the above....and had customers who were just like the ones mentioned in this post.

ok i'm done raving like a lunatic now...
                            I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

Quoth counterjockey View Post
                              It makes perfect sense, the guy behind the counter wearing three things that came from Goodwill must be making a fuckin' fortune off these things.
                              What's wrong with wearing stuff from Goodwill? Some of my best clothing and furnishings came from there.
                              Unseen but seeing
                              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                              3rd shift needs love, too
                              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
                              X