This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah... I believe you...

Had a guy last night, came to me at my self check, had about a half-full cart, nothing too major, does the usual, "No cashiers open?" "Nope, just me and my self check..." he buys... about 5 things, and goes to pay, and the machine locks up on his card... Yipe I clear the machine, and have him re-swipe his card, as he comments, "I should've just gone to Wal Mart, they'd have a cashier." "Yes, yes they would, but, they're open 24 hours, and have the kind of massive customer support that they NEED to have a cashier on 24/7, whereas we die around 11... and close at 1." Guy pays and goes, and I go about my duties.
    About twenty minutes later, I realize he left me the rest of that cart of merchandise to go back. I shrug it off, I can't get away from the self check, as it has been busy on and off all night.
    Twenty minutes after that, he returns, his daughter in tow, and buys a book through our self check. I know it's him because he is wearing this horrible yellow shirt about bass fishing, with a monstrous bass leaping from the water, both eyes staring at the person reading the shirt. I watch her have no trouble, and they go, and I think to myself: "Never coming back, huh? See you tomorrow."
    "I call murder on that!"
Working...
X