Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dear family who was here earlier today...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dear family who was here earlier today...

I didn't get a chance to thank you for your visit to our bookstore. It was so nice of you to drop by! How unfortunate that you decided you didn't want to buy anything, but I can understand. Perhaps next time you and your two, uh, boisterous offspring will find something which you would like to purchase.

I also wanted to comment on your fantastic parenting skills. I just really can't wait until your two bratlings -- er, darling children grow up to become sophisticated, thoughtful adults with impeccable manners just like you. For example, I couldn't help but notice the extreme courtesy you all exhibited by leaving the children's book section in complete and utter disarray. I'm sure that by teaching your children that it's okay to come into a store, read books, drop them on the floor, TEAR PAGES OUT, pull piles of books off the shelves with no intention of replacing them, and leave without buying anything is completely acceptable.

I did want to ask, if I may: however did you manage to leave a veritable tornado of damage and disaster in your wake in such a short amount of time? I'm sure that physicists around the world would be astounded at your ability to waste people's time (and money) without having to sacrifice even a tenth as much of your own.

I'm sure we'll be seeing you again soon!

From,
    Your friendly overworked cashier/maid

P.S. YOU
    !
    "For truth is always strange; stranger than fiction." -- Lord Byron

Couldn't you have charged them for the books they damaged, at the very least? Or did they book it out of the store too fast? (pun totally intended, I am a horrible person.)

Comment

Quoth Mnemjian View Post
      TEAR PAGES OUT
      I'm sorry, but in my opinion that should warrant a punishment of no less than 50 lashes for each of the brats and their pathetic excuse for a parent. There are some things in this world, such as the elderly, babies, charities and the homeless, that you simply do NOT harm in any way. Books are also one of those things.
      Last edited by Ree; 03-20-2010, 12:33 PM.

Comment

I'm sure they tore out of there pretty fast.

Comment

I was wondering what had happened to some of the families who let their kids tear up the children's area at the library.......sounds like they're visiting your store now.

Comment

Sincerely - I feel your pain.

Comment

I cringe when my 2 and a half year old puts one of her baby books--that we own--down on the floor pages down instead of closing it properly. And it just hurts when she tries to turn a page of a book too roughly and ends up tearing the page. But because I know she is two and a half and (while I am trying to teach her to respect books) cannot be trusted not to damage books. I wouldn't let her get a hold of one of my books, and I certainly am not going to let her get her hands on a book at a bookstore...not unless I am fully prepared to pay for it if she so much as bends a corner.

Comment

Where they members of your family??

So, is it too evil to buy the damaged books and gift them to those kids and family for their birthday and/or holiday gifts? Obviously, they liked them enough to 'mark' them. They must want them....
                Make a list of important things to do today.
                At the top of your list, put 'eat chocolate'
                Now, you'll get at least one thing done today

Comment

Working...
                X