This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Eireann View Post
    I heard from other women that they'd encountered him too, always with the same result - he tried to pick them up, they weren't interested, he called them racist and fascist.
    OK, I understand "racist", not that I agree with it. But "fascist" I don't get. I wonder if he even knows what that word means.
    Sometimes life is altered.
    Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
    Uneasy with confrontation.
    Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Quoth Eireann View Post
      It really pisses me off that with all the real racism out there, some people are willing to scream that they're victims of racism when they aren't. A jerk is a jerk is a jerk.
      Or "If it looks like a duck and walks like a duck"... As far as I'm concerned, there's a small group of people known as Arseholes. They can be any race, either gender, any age, any class. They are the people that everyone should avoid and hate, cuz they spend so much of their time causing hate and discord among other people.
      People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
      My DeviantArt.

Comment

I think if anyone ever pulls that on me, and says "you're a racist!" I'll just say, "Well, yes. I am. Your point?"

I mean, I'm not, but can you imagine the look on the person's face? People who call other people "racist" think that the accused will crumple in the face of being thought such an unspeakably evil person. That's why they do it. They don't think you're a racist, they think you will cut your own right arm off in order to prove that you are NOT a racist.

I think simply saying you are a racist and not looking like you even realize that that's a bad thing would really kick the chair out from under the jerk.

Comment

It was only later that I realized I should have said (among other things, most of them rude and obscene) that he should go back to school and learn to speak English correctly before throwing around a word like "fascist", which isn't going to make him any friends in a country that spent so many years under the iron glove of the Third Reich.

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
            Or "If it looks like a duck and walks like a duck"... As far as I'm concerned, there's a small group of people known as Arseholes. They can be any race, either gender, any age, any class. They are the people that everyone should avoid and hate, cuz they spend so much of their time causing hate and discord among other people.
            Sorry, but IMHO, hate and avoidance takes too much energy.
            I'm not going out of my way; Generally, I am just oblivious to them.
            I find it amusing to see how they react when I don't (react).
            Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

I just tell people that I'm not racist, I hate everyone equally.
              I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

Because i am Muslim.

I work In a library and people are not allowed to take personal stuff in with them like bags or coats.
                When I tlel people this they give such varied responses it is amazing.
                My favourite current one is
                I can't take off my coat because I am muslim.

Really? If you are such a good muslim, tell me why are your clothes so tight in the first place?
                ...but I'm a bastard and so desensitized to the scum of humanity that I'm immune to the Stun status effect.
                Quoth Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth Knightmare View Post
                  At one point, far into the future, it will come to that. All humans will be Greys. Or Browns. We'll keep mating with different races to produce off spring that aren't really any color. Yay! Too bad I won't be around by then.
                  It's like working with paint; if you mix up all the colors, what do you get? You don't get black or white or yellow. You get a greyish brown.
                  But then one could be accused of being a Shadist; "You aren't the same shade of Grey I am, therefore you are inferior."

Blah. Bigot bastiches.
                  Do you believe in diversity?

People pull the race card because they know they can. Most whites are too sissy to stand up for themselves in that situation. They think that being labeled a racist is more horrible than raping your mother and your little sister, or being a serial killer, and that the earth will split open and swallow them up.

Oh, and I am white.

Comment

I wish I could remember the exact phrase one customer used on me... I don't remember what she was upset about in the first place, but she eventually said "f--- you". I declined this generous offer, so she called me something, a nice, well, not at all nice, but a concise phrase for someone who is both racist and gay. Which I now can't remember and nothing I can think of sounds right.

I just love working overnights Friday and Saturday when the drunks are out...
                    Now the trouble about trying to make yourself stupider than you really are is that you very often succeed.

Comment

Quoth Cosmic Cat View Post
                      Do you believe in diversity?
                      Of course I believe in diversity. I love it. I embrace it. I relish in it! Mmm.. reminds me of hot dogs. But if this has to do with my comment on Greys, just think about it. A person has one black parent, one white parent. The kid is a mulatto (If there is a PC term out there, I don't know what it is). Now say that child, when of age, mates with another mulatto. Their child should be the same color. And say that offspring mates with another mulatto, and so on and so on. Down the line, say thousands of years from now, everyone will be the same color.

Ok, that was very simplified. I didn't get into dominant and recessive genes and all that. We know there are exceptions, like the interracial couple in England that gave birth to twins; one is black, the other is white. But that is why I italicized the word should.

And I love watching the diverse idiots that come into my store to bother my otherwise completely wonderful day.

BTW, I'm white too. I'm so white, I glow in the dark.
                      Age and wisdom don't necessarily go together. Some people just become stupid with more authority.

"Who put the goat in there? The yellow goat I ate."

Comment

Perhaps a discussion of racial diversity/white superiority/"pulling the race card" would be best left to http://www.fratching.com/ rather than a website devoted to discussing sucky customers.
                        Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

I think that as a white individual you have to somehow prove that you are not racist and that can be hard when someone is accusing you of something you are not. Yes we have balck etc.. friends and the reason that we say we do is to somehow get through thickheaded people's head that we are NOT infact racist. What i'd like to know is why is it automatically assumed someone is racist just because they are not waited on first or bypassed accidentally...That doesn't seem to cross their mind firts NOPe that person is a big KKK member.

Comment

Quoth Knightmare View Post
                            Of course I believe in diversity.
                            You can't believe in diversity and believe in making everyone all the same at once. That's contradictory.

The communists once tried to make everyone all the same, regardless of gender, class, etc, and it didn't work. More people died for this twisted ideal than any other in history. Obviously someone hasn't learned the lesson.

(And you obviously haven't learned the lesson that, if a mod asks for a subject to be dropped, it is to be dropped. The 'communism' comment was way over the top. ~Ree)
                            Last edited by Ree; 12-26-2006, 10:48 AM. Reason: Excessive quoting

Comment

MODS, please remove/delete/edit if needed.. (If we feel it needs to be removed/deleted/edited, we will do so, and don't need your permission. Thank you for disregarding my request to discontinue the discussion, although I appreciate that you have at least acknowledged my mention of fratching.com ~Ree)

My last comment on this, then I am done.

Cosmic Cat:

I think you misunderstood what I was trying to say, and totally blew it out of proportion. MystyGlyttyr was talking about Greys (aliens from outer space). What are Greys? Why are they grey? Are they humans from millions of years in the future? I'm NOT saying that I hope every one on this planet will turn the same color. I don't want everyone to be the same. What fun would life be if we were all the same?
                              I do not like being compared to a communist. Just because I said (in jest) that thousands or millions of years from now, we humans will all be the same color is no reason for that comparison. How does a discussion go from talking about space aliens end up at communism?
                              If somehow I offended you, I apologize.
                              Otherwise, if you wish to continue this discussion, meet me at http://www.fratching.com/
                              I'm registered; are you?

Thank you MODS. I am done with this.
                              Last edited by Ree; 12-26-2006, 10:54 AM.
                              Age and wisdom don't necessarily go together. Some people just become stupid with more authority.

"Who put the goat in there? The yellow goat I ate."

Comment

Well, I'm glad to see that the previous Mod warning went unheeded.
                                http://www.fratching.com really is the place for these types of discussions.

I just can't see this thread going anywhere... at all.

Closed.
                                "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
                                HellGate: London

Comment

Working...
                                X