This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth boringscreenname View Post
    I think it's more of a hassle than it's worth to drag a pet to the store.
    That I agree with...I only brought Pablo in specifically to visit my friends, because they liked to see him and would ask me when I was going to bring him in again. And only if I wasn't planning to go anywhere else.

I realize that sometimes you take the dog to the park/vet/wherever that is dog-friendly and stop somewhere unexpectedly on the way home, but sometimes you just have to inconvenience yourself and take the dog home first.
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth LillFilly View Post
      ......It's a really slippery slope to say one dog is allowed, but not another. A bulldog might be smaller than a boxer or shepherd, but is still a threat.........
      Totally Agree!!

Your store is setting itself up for a law suit with this policy. Service dogs = no problem. But to allow only certain types of non service dogs based on sized? = someone, somewhere is going to file a discrimination suit against you for that.

I own a 25kg (55lb) boxer X and I have to admit I would be very upset at this policy. Here in OZ there are so few dog friendly shops, that I usually leave her at home or one of us stays outside with the dog while the other goes in. But if there were stores here that allowed only small breeds into stores, I would be jumping up and down about it.
      "When did you get a gold plated toilet?"
      "We don't have a gold plated toilet"
      "Oh dear, I think I just peed in your Tuba"

-Jasper Fforde

Comment

The hardware store "technically" has a policy to only allow service animals, however it is never enforced, I have seen anything from shopping carts with 2-3 smaller dogs to a gentleman with a HUGE great dane, it is insane, usually 10-30 dogs a day. The managers refuse to say anything because they do not want to upset the customers, and policy is only the top 2 managers can even say anything, and they choose to ignore it. I am waiting for someone to get the heck bit out of them and the store to be sued

Comment

Quoth raw456 View Post
          Totally Agree!!

Your store is setting itself up for a law suit with this policy. Service dogs = no problem. But to allow only certain types of non service dogs based on sized? = someone, somewhere is going to file a discrimination suit against you for that.

I own a 25kg (55lb) boxer X and I have to admit I would be very upset at this policy. Here in OZ there are so few dog friendly shops, that I usually leave her at home or one of us stays outside with the dog while the other goes in. But if there were stores here that allowed only small breeds into stores, I would be jumping up and down about it.
          You can get sued for anything.

However, there are no legal protections for dogs based on size.

To be successfully sued for discrimination, you have to deny services based on gender race, sexual orientation, religion, disability, language, or socio-economic status.

Dogs aren't on the list.
          They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

At least Rite Aid's don't have open food bins. I've had to toss out full bins of yummy fresh bagels because some lady (and it's always, always women) leaned over them with her little toy yapper/druler in arms or let them sniff at them.

Comment

Working...
            X