X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some days you can't please anybody

Dear Customers,

I understand that you're all grumpy because the weather turned cold and rainy especially after the nice weekend we had but that was still no reason to turn your wrath on me.

For example:

Jelly Bean Rage

Lady comes up with three bags of Life Saver jelly beans. Then hands me a coupon with Life Saver jelly beans for 39 cents. She had the wrong ones. I inform her of this and then keeps saying "He told me they were the right ones." I offer to get her the right ones and I as I walk way she keeps getting louder. "HE TOLD ME THOSE WERE THE RIGHT ONES!!" I finish up her order and send her on her way.

?????

I finish up this lady's order and begin on the next customer. I see the first lady going over her receipt and I'm just waiting for it. The customer I was ringing up was talking to me about her order so I was kinda busy with that. First lady, who is probably about four feet away says loudly "There's something I don't understand here!" Oookay, I look over at her even though I'm still in the middle of this order here. And that's it. Lady gets her stuff and walks out.

Cigarette Emergency

I was in the middle of a rush of customers and my current customer ran back to get another Easter basket because the one she had was broke. In the middle of this slight break an old broad comes in and asks if we had any newspapers. I look over at the stand and nope, no papers. Then this old hag cuts in the line, takes out an empty pack of Virginia Slim cigarettes and slaps it on the counter. I tell her in a not very nice way that I'm in the middle of an order so she waits. Then she realizes that oh look there's someone behind me. She half-asses apologizes to the lady who said it was okay because really what could she say.

Lady comes back with her basket, then can't find her card. While she's looking the old bitch asks "What the hell is her problem?" I ignore her. Lady writes a check and I make sure that I take my time writing the stuff down from her license. Just as I was finishing up my relief comes up so I can go on break. As he walks up the old lady that death forgot asks him if he can help her. I sign off the register and walk away not saying a word to her.

These three were just between lunch and break. Luckily there were more nice people who made up for the nut jobs.
    I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

Quoth Trixie View Post
    Lady comes up with three bags of Life Saver jelly beans. Then hands me a coupon with Life Saver jelly beans for 39 cents. She had the wrong ones. I inform her of this and then keeps saying "He told me they were the right ones." I offer to get her the right ones and I as I walk way she keeps getting louder. "HE TOLD ME THOSE WERE THE RIGHT ONES!!" I finish up her order and send her on her way.
    I like how customers say things about these mysterious employees that tell them they are right and you are wrong. Where do these people come from? Who is this mystery man that gazed at her jelly bean coupons and gave her the thumbs up? I need to start asking questions when people like this come through my line. I want to know who is going against all of the company rules, because obviously it isn't the customer who is making things up!
    Last edited by Ree; 03-24-2010, 01:38 AM. Reason: Trimmed quote

Comment

Why not say something else besides 'It's okay'?

Comment

Who is he? Well I know him and he'd never say anything like that. Next!

Comment

What's that, ma'am? No, I don't think we have anyone working here who would have told you that...
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth saturnz_dragon View Post
            Where do these people come from? Who is this mystery man that gazed at her jelly bean coupons and gave her the thumbs up?
            It was me. In fact, it's always me. As I travel around the globe I carry around vests and polo shirts in all different colors, put them on in stores all over the world and give random misinformation to customers. I don't know why, I just do it. It makes me smile.

WHEW! So glad I finally confessed... my therapist will be happy with the breakthrough.
            "What did you have for breakfast this morning? Carnation Instant Bitch?"
            -Eric Foreman That 70's Show

Comment

As far as Jelly Bean Lady goes, even if she was told which one were the right ones it's more than likely she still would've found a way to get the wrong ones. It's all part incomprehensible way the sucky mind works.
              I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

Comment

Working...
              X