This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Learn how the crosswalk works!

Let me say this: I am ANAL RETENTIVE about stopping in our parking lot for pedestrians. If you're anywhere near the crosswalk, or the curb, I will stop just to be on the safe side; which drives me kind of nuts when people walk along the curb, and I think they're following the sidewalk until they suddenly swing-out into the walk way. That aside, I try to be a good, considerate person. So this pissed me off.

I was driving on-duty through one of the parking lots, past the largest store with 2-entrances, both with huge crosswalks leading across to the lot. I was several feet from one of the crosswalks when some people started to cross, including one guy that paused at the curb and looked at me. I nodded and he waved and started jogging across. I continued to crawl towards the crosswalk, and by the time I reached it the guy that had waved had finished crossing. As I entered the walk and began driving through-it, he turned and yelled at me as I passed:

"You have to yield for pedestrians asshole!"

I was pretty flabberghasted. I didn't try to go around him, I didn't cut him off, I was nowhere near him! I suppose he wanted me to stop as soon as he entered the road, which would have caused me to block any cars from turning into the isle that I was in front of. And I know he was talking to me because I was the only car there. It just... made me feel bad; you just can't make anyone happy!
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

I'm sorry. He probably just did it out of viciousness.
    Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Working...
    X