This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "No" Is Not An Option

I work in a security office. It's physical security, as in security guards and cameras and such. I work for a big tech company. One of the office workers (OW) got this phone call today.

OW: Security office, this is OW, how can I help you?
    SC: I need to interview someone about printers.
    OW: (thinking: what, what??) You need to interview someone about printers?
    SC: Yes! I called someone two weeks ago and they told me to call this number and you would be able to help me.
    OW: Well, this is the security office so I wouldn't be able to help you with that.
    SC: No, the person I talked to before said I could call you and interview your manager.
    OW: My manager is in a meeting right now. To be honest, he doesn't have any special knowledge about printers, since he manages the SECURITY office.
    SC: Noooo! You're just trying to be difficult!! I demand to speak to your manager! Someone told me I could interview him for my son's project!!11!!eleventy!!11 You must help me, no is not an appropriate answer!!
    OW: Please hold.

OW came to me and coworker Bob. I found corporate's PR page, but apparently there is no direct phone number to them. I found an email address for someone who handles media inquiries about printers and gave that to OW.

OW: Thanks for holding. I found the email address for someone in our PR department who handles media inquiries about printers. Perhaps you could contact her for an interview.
    SC: I was told I could call someone here and conduct a phone interview! My son's project is due tomorrow and I don't have time to deal with this crap. What kind of place do you think you are running?
    OW: Again, ma'am, this is the security office. The only printer I know anything about is the one sitting in our office, which prints our paperwork. You need to contact corporate PR for any further information. If there's nothing else I can help you with, have a good day. <click>

I'm not quite sure how OW remained so calm, since I could hear SC screaming over the phone from across the room.

so she called two weeks ago then left it to the very last minute, and why is she doing her son's project?
    Customer "why did you answer the phone if you can't help me?"

Comment

didn't you know that parents are doing their kids homework these days? it's because poor boopsy doesn't have enough time to do it what with all the sexting and video game playing
      If you want to be happy, be. ~Leo Tolstoy

i'm on fb and xbox live; pm me if ya wanna be "friends"
      ^_^

Comment

Feh, I played more video games that most kids my age and I still got all my own homework done, even the boring, writing-intensive social studies stuff that I hated and had absolutely no value for me since I can't even begin to remember what any of it might have been about.

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Green_Fairy View Post
          didn't you know that parents are doing their kids homework these days? it's because poor boopsy doesn't have enough time to do it what with all the sexting and video game playing
          Sexting? Is that like a sex chat through text? j/k, but it was funny. I really really hate parents like this. I'd hate to meet her kid too. He must be the most entitled idiot in the world if he's been raised to think he can shirk off his work and blame it on other people.
          It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.
          -Helen Keller

I got this av from Court Records, made by Croik!

Comment

Quoth mariamousie1 View Post
            Sexting? Is that like a sex chat through text? j/k, but it was funny.
            Um, actually, that's exactly what it is.
            The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
            "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
            Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth TelephoneAngel View Post
              so she called two weeks ago then left it to the very last minute, and why is she doing her son's project?
              Exactly. And, "What kind of place do you think you are running?" ?!? What kind of place do you think we're running? Apparently you're under the impression it's a library.
              "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Working...
              X