Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

There's a reason why we blacklist people like you...(Long, Language)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There's a reason why we blacklist people like you...(Long, Language)

OK, some background on my current job...I am a customer service rep for an online pharmacy. People send us their prescriptions from their doctors, and we fill and ship the medication to their homes. Of course, there are people who abuse the hell out of this system. Occasionally, we will blacklist the customers who are real pains. Here's one...

A sucky customer, let's call her Bitch, places an order at 5 p.m. thursday. Now, our pharmacy closes at 1 p.m. so her order will not get processed until the next day. I'm pretty sure she knows this.

Bitch calls and expects a FedEx tracking number. We don't have it yet, as her order wont get processed until next day. This doesn't make Bitch happy.

Bitch calls today, Friday morning. She wants her package delivered on Saturday. This is impossible because 1.) her order was just processed like 5 minutes before, and 2.)she didn't choose or pay for the Saturday delivery option, which is an extra $23.98 charge on top of the $19.98 charge. Yes, it's $43.96 just to get your package on a Saturday. Once order has been processed, no way in hell can it be changed. For security reasons.

Bitch continues to call everyone in my call center, demanding that her package be delivered on Saturday, and that she refuses to pay extra charge (which we didnt even offer to her, becuase we know that it can't be changed) and then starts to threaten my callers. They have to transfer her calls to me.

Me:<Good afternoon opening spiel>

Bitch: I demand that my order be delivered tomorrow <Saturday>

Me: <Looking up her information, mentally groaning> Your order has a tracking number already, and it says it will arrive on Monday. I cannot change this, I'm sorry.

Bitch: <transmitting her catbuttface through the phone to my brain> I will NOT have THIS! What kind of a scam company are you running??!? I paid for OVERNIGHT delivery! THIS IS NOT OVERNIGHT!

Me: Overnight Delivery only refers to Monday through Friday. Saturday delivery is an extra charge of $23.98, which you did not pay. And no, I cannot take extra payment to change your order.

Bitch: YOU WILL DELIVER MY PACKAGE TOMORROW!!

Me: <Very tired, working 2 phones to cover for a coworker, and at the end of my patience> No, I will not deliver ANYTHING becuase thats not my JOB. FedEx will deliver your package according to your order, which means it's coming on Monday. If you don't want your package, then refuse delivery and it'll be refunded to your card when it arrives back to the pharmacy. Have a nice day. *click*

Turns out that she has been blacklisted for various reasons, including suspicion of fraud, charging back on her credit card and being a general SC to the supervisors. Which gives me grounds to ignore her calls, and hang up on her if I accidentally pick up.

Sorry if I bored everyone. My storytelling will get better, I promise. I have plenty of stories to tell and practice on.
    Sucky Customers- Have the ability to convert non-drinkers into raging alcoholics in one phone call or less.

That was horrible! Please tell us things can't get worse than that!

Comment

Quoth eltf177 View Post
      That was horrible! Please tell us things can't get worse than that!
      This is minimal. At least the OP was allowed to blacklist the SC, many companies won't do that.
      Labor boards have info on local laws for free
      HR believes the first person in the door
      Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
      Document everything
      CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Quoth wagegoth View Post
        This is minimal. At least the OP was allowed to blacklist the SC, many companies won't do that.
        Non only will a lot of corporations not blacklist people, but they'll reward them for being scamming cretins.

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
          Non only will a lot of corporations not blacklist people, but they'll reward them for being scamming cretins.

^-.-^
          And thus one of the many reasons why we have CS.
          Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth phantasy View Post
            Turns out that she has been blacklisted for various reasons, including suspicion of fraud, charging back on her credit card and being a general SC to the supervisors.
            And she's so dense she has no clue why everybody's picking on her. I'm glad your management has spines and brains and blacklisted the stupid bitch. So many other places would roll over and put up with her crap, using their front line people as cannon fodder.
            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
            My LiveJournal
            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

At least she got blacklisted. Most businesses wouldn't even try to blacklist anyone except their workers.
              Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Yes, be glad that you can blacklist scammers. We have to let the IRS take care of them or watch their files die here.
                I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Working...
                X