Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You are an adult, capable of making your own choices (language)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You are an adult, capable of making your own choices (language)

I've had no internet for awhile, but I'm back and so are the SCs..

So, <My Company> has a whole bunch of different phone plans available. Every so often, marketing get rid of all the old ones, and release a bunch of new ones. If a customer is on a plan we're getting rid of, they can stay on it for as long as they like. But once then change off it, they can't go back. When coming off an old plan, customers are always warned of this.

SC: YOU PEOPLE have FUCKED UP. What are you going to do to fix if??
    Me: (can I have some information I can work with?) right, whats happened?
    SC launches into an extensive profanity filled explanation, which can be summarised thus: SC spoke to another rep 3 months ago to discuss his phone plan. Rep discovered that he was using his phone more than he used to, and {plan A} no longer suited him, but {plan B} would. Suggested this to SC, who decided to change to {plan B}. SC was warned he could not go back to {plan A}. Now, 3 months down the track, SC has gone back to his old usage. He wants to go back to {plan A}.
    Me: I'm sorry SC, but {plan A} no longer exists. You can have {plans c, d, e or f}.
    SC: I don't want any of this plans! I want {plan A}!
    Me: You can't have it. It doesn't exist anymore. You warned of this when you changed.
    SC: Thats bullshit! The operator made me change!
    Me. No, he didn't. He offered you a different plan and you accepted. I have a recording of you agreeing to the change.
    SC: I changed based on his advice and it was wrong!
    Me: No, it was exactly right based on what you told him.
    SC: so you'd not going to let me have it?
    Me: I can't let you have it, it no longer exists..
    SC: BULLSHIT! YOU JUST DONT WANT TO HELP ME!
    Me: ultimately it was your decision to change.
    SC: my decision? Well FUCK YOU LADY!
    SC hangs up.

I had a similar incident when I worked at the call center.

That customer got so upset she actually demanded we let her out of her contract without an early termination fee because she allegedly didn't agree to a plan change (our records showed she did) and we couldn't get her old plan back. That turned into a looooong sup call. Fortunately I was out of the picture for most of it as my sup was doing the talking.
    "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Working...
    X