This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice to see everyone doing thier part to pull us out of this recession

So, Dave goes up to an apartment complex to tow out an illegally-parked Cadillac Escalade SUV.

As soon as he hooks up to it, the Genius (imagine that word positively DRIPPING with rich, syrupy sarcasm, as you’ll soon see why) owner runs out and asks what the big deal is.

He’s told he owes us a $60 drop fee.

Genius reaches over and starts pulling handles and levers on the tow truck bed to try and get his Caddy down, but Dave had anticipated this and had already flicked the master kill switch for the hydraulics, so nothing happens.

Genius yells up to the balcony for someone to toss him his keys, they do. *Sigh* he’s not really going to try and drive off the truck is he? He gets in and starts it up, *Sigh* yes, he is.

Vroom! Goes the Caddy, it lurches maybe just a little on the back of the truck.

Vrooooooom! It lurches a bit more.

VROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMM! Now it’s really rocking, but not going anywhere.

VROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! It rocks mightily, and *KA-POW!* The left rear tire blows out

VROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! It rocks mightily, and *CRACK!* He just put a big crack in his rear bumper cover.

VROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! It rocks mightily, and *CREEAA-CRUNCH!* He just shoved his muffler up into the bodywork

VROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! It rocks mightily, and *CRUNCH!* His left rear fender now has a nasty-looking crease in it.

Genius now figures out that he’s not going to be able to drive off the truck, he shuts the Caddy off, gets out, looks at the situation, turns to Dave and yells

“YOU DESTROYED MY CAR!”

Dave, having called the cops around the time the tire detonated just sits in the truck and tells Genius to wait for Officer Friendly to arrive and mediate things, Genius whips out a camera/phone and starts taking pictures of all the damage “we did”.

Cops arrive, hear his side of the story, realize it’s high-grade fertilizer and tell him he has to pay for a drop.

A little sidewalk math here estimates that in an attempt to avoid $60 (and he couldn't even avoid THAT) he instead put himself in the hole somewhere to the tune of about $3,000 in tow fees, damage to his car and damage to Dave’s truck (All the lurching bent one of the tow “claws” that wrap around the tires)

I feel sorry for his insurance agent, my guess is he'll try to make a claim that it was our fault, can't wait to see what color he turns when they deny it.
    - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

That is all I have to say!

Comment

I'm so glad you joined this board. I feel so much better knowing that my most horrible days of stupid can't compare!
      A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Why does anyone think their car can get out of the claws of a tow truck?

I mean, hell, the wheels are even strapped in!

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Real rocket scientist material here [sarcasm mode off/]

Comment

No, no not a rocket scientist; well, maybe model rockets!

I've seen where tow trucks have cameras mounted in them to catch the antics of the people who's vehicles are being towed; I think you guys should invest! What if, by some stretch of the human mind, you get a court that BELIEVES mr. cadillac?

I DID just see a video where the tow truck driver got shot at as he hooked-up a vehicle! Cameras facing back caught the people involved.

Stranger things have happened.
            Last edited by LillFilly; 04-09-2010, 03:05 PM.
            "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Quoth LillFilly View Post
              I've seen where tow trucks have cameras mounted in them to catch the antics of the people who's vehicles are being towed; I think you guys should invest!
              I was thinking the same thing, and I scrolled down and saw you already posted what I thought. I did a little research on in car cameras and there are quite a few that are very affordable. Most of them had options for sound recording and some even had impact/shock activation. It would be great to record a Genius like the OP mentioned and put that up on youtube!
              Large, Angry, Bitter, Mean, Vengeful. My natural facial expression is not one of happiness.

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
                I'm so glad you joined this board. I feel so much better knowing that my most horrible days of stupid can't compare!
                Quoted for truth! I agree!

Quoth MrTim View Post
                I did a little research on in car cameras and there are quite a few that are very affordable. Most of them had options for sound recording and some even had impact/shock activation. It would be great to record a Genius like the OP mentioned and put that up on youtube!
                It might be a good idea if it's legal in that city/state where the OP is, but not so great if it goes up on Youtube-OP could be sued for slandering or some such. However, if it's only for the purpose of collecting info to cover their ass, then great idea.
                Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Comment

Just out of curiousity, if there is no way to identify the driver (other than the driver knows it's him) by blurring out his face/license plate, would it still be illegal?
                  I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

Wow, just wow.

Comment

I imagine it would depend whether or not the video was taken on private property and whether it was evidence in an impending lawsuit or investigation.

Comment

Quoth ralerin View Post

It might be a good idea if it's legal in that city/state where the OP is, but not so great if it goes up on Youtube-OP could be sued for slandering or some such. However, if it's only for the purpose of collecting info to cover their ass, then great idea.
                        Actually it would be libel rather than slander. I would read your local laws on defamation but usually they throw out cases if the statement turns out to be true such as an unedited video footage.

Mind you if you blur someone's face it's not longer defamation since it has to be specific to someone. You can't sue for 'random crazy guy on youtube that might be you' unless there's clear identification marks that point to you specifically.
                        Last edited by Soulstealer; 04-09-2010, 09:23 PM.
                        How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

And if he was into model rocket building, the inhalation of excessive amounts of glue would explain a lot!

All of the various damage he did to his Caddy is priceless. The damage to the tow truck, that he'll have to (hopefully straight out of pocket), is the icicng on the cake!

Mike
                          Meow.........

Comment

Working...
                          X