This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An Intervention

I am back at teh laundry, due to a perfect storm of lazy shirt presser and wonky shirt pressing machine, I am doing touch-ups all day (which is miles better than being shirt presser).

Dear People Whose Shirts I wash,

I understand you you like your cologne. So does the person you're dating/married to/whatever. Hell, even I like it. BUT when my co-worker runs your shirt thru the press and I find I am getting dizzy from the scent wafting out, You Are Wearing Far Too Much Scent. Also teh flashbacks to high school are starting to get disturbing (what is it about Polo??).

Please, cut back. Less is more. I promise. Ralph Lauren will find a new way to make money.

If you do not, I am calling the EPA.

Sincerely,

Bramblerose
    (the girl who makes your shirts oh-so-perfect)

Ew, nast. I never understood cologne. I like men to smell like men, not department stores. Maybe I just never met someone who actually wore the correct amount of cologne
    !
    "For truth is always strange; stranger than fiction." -- Lord Byron

Comment

I'm with Mnemjian.

I don't like men with scent on. They smell... artificial.

Then again, I like natural musks normally.

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Mmm, natural musk. Scent of my BF turns me on more than scent of BF+expensive cologne. Then again, about the only scents BF wears is the scent from his bodywash and deoderant. Fine with me-too much scent gives me headaches and allergy fits.
        Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Comment

Quoth ralerin View Post
          Mmm, natural musk. Scent of my BF turns me on more than scent of BF+expensive cologne. Then again, about the only scents BF wears is the scent from his bodywash and deoderant. Fine with me-too much scent gives me headaches and allergy fits.
          I enjoy a little bit of scent,plus it's beneficial because if someone gets curious to what your wearing they'll need to get closer . (of course,it could also be rather...awkward as well.)

Unfortunately you rarely get anyone who doses their cologne right where I work and then you get those who smell strongly of 'Cologn-ac" (Cognac/Cologne)
          *jedi hand wave* This game works...just not in your system.

Comment

Ah, I see you have some of my customers, at least im learning which ones I need to take a deep breath before they get next in my line because when I can smell you over the counter, it is not at all a subtle amount being used.
            I'm sorry reading is not a new concept it has been widely taught in our nation for at least the past 100 years. Please, learn to do it CORRECTLY before you become contagious.

Comment

Quoth Bramblerose View Post
              If you do not, I am calling the EPA.
              This doesn't have to do with anything, but I'm finding myself pronouncing the acronym. Eeepa eeeeepa!
              To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth MrPibbsRevenge View Post
                I enjoy a little bit of scent,plus it's beneficial because if someone gets curious to what your wearing they'll need to get closer . (of course,it could also be rather...awkward as well.)
                See, you know the trick of wearing scent, which the average teenaged boy has apparently never had explained to him. If I can tell what scent you're wearing, and I'm not doing anything to make my husband worry, you're wearing too much scent.

Comment

Quoth ralerin View Post
                  Same here. My Fiancee only uses Original Source stuff, a gorgeous white pear shower gel and a black walnut and sandalwood deodorant. Those two faint scents puls his natural smell is heavenly. The smell of him alone...mmmm. *Does homer simpson esque drool*

Comment

When I wear cologne (rarely) its just enough that you can only smell it if you hug me. Even then its barely noticeable.

Comment

I've been known to change walking direction just to follow men that had cologne on. Combined with their skin chemistry, it was some of the most divine aromas. I try not to do that anymore though, freaks my husband out. Plus, he smells yummy enough with Old Spice deodorant.
                      Make a list of important things to do today.
                      At the top of your list, put 'eat chocolate'
                      Now, you'll get at least one thing done today

Comment

Quoth r2cagle View Post
                        I've been known to change walking direction just to follow men that had cologne on. Combined with their skin chemistry, it was some of the most divine aromas. I try not to do that anymore though, freaks my husband out. Plus, he smells yummy enough with Old Spice deodorant.
                        ...mmm, I like guys w/ good smelling cologne as long as I can only smell it from a few feet away at most. Sadly, my husband is the anti-fragrance type; I can't even get him to wear deodorant (I know ). And one time I had him try Old Spice and had to hose him off - it was absolutely HORRIBLE with his body chemistry.
                        "This isn't a home, this is a swirling vortex of entropy." - Sheldon "The Big Bang Theory"

Comment

Working...
                        X