X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crazy Rx Bitch

I forgot about this one hahah

so it was around 6pm and i was back in the Rx gathering the drawers. the tech is ringing up the last customer and the pharmacist informs her that one prescription was being filled to early so their insurance wouldnt allow the refill.

"bull s***, shes out of pills"

the pharmacist sees that it was a month supply and was last filled march 15. so he said she should still have 5 pills left.

"you cant give me 5 pills?"

he explains they cant, she complains how its bulls*** and theyve done it before.

they just tell her she has to talk to her insurance about it

the sucky/wtf part i guess is when she started blaming it all on Obama. ok lady you have your view, but if you werent an idiot you would probably know nothing has changed YET.

she rambles on and on, and then says we're on our way to being a communist nation.

soooo....

you not getting 5 pills b/c you are early = communist nation

gtfo lady

Quoth sarasquirrel View Post

he explains they cant, she complains how its bulls*** and theyve done it before.
    Only if the pharmacy doesn't have the full prescription pills. Even then you need to come back within 72 hours.

(Assuming I'm remembered right)
    Military Spouse Support.
    http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
    Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

"blaming it all on Obama"

Just the latest flimsy hook for SCs to hang whatever complaint they have on.

If it wasn't Obama, and his legions of LIBERALS (AHHHhhhboogaboogabooga!), it'd be someone or something else

Before the '04 elections gas prices had fallen a bit. Afterward they started rising a bit.

I had customers solemnly inform me that it was all due to those eeeeeevil Republicans wanting to make people feel good during the election, and wanting to stick people after it.

I would tell people that there were only two problems with that plan:

Numero Uno--It implies that somebody's in charge.

Numero Two-o--It implies that whoever those sombodies are know what they're doing.

And I just think having that kind of faith in the world is touching, and kind of cute.
      I have a map of the world. It's actual size.

-- Steven Wright

Comment

Quoth Plaidman View Post
        Only if the pharmacy doesn't have the full prescription pills. Even then you need to come back within 72 hours.

(Assuming I'm remembered right)
        im not sure how things work in the Rx. i know sometimes they can give pills to hold them over or whatnot, im not sure what the issue was with this lady

Quoth TonyDonuts View Post
        "blaming it all on Obama"

Just the latest flimsy hook for SCs to hang whatever complaint they have on.

If it wasn't Obama, and his legions of LIBERALS (AHHHhhhboogaboogabooga!), it'd be someone or something else

Before the '04 elections gas prices had fallen a bit. Afterward they started rising a bit.

I had customers solemnly inform me that it was all due to those eeeeeevil Republicans wanting to make people feel good during the election, and wanting to stick people after it.

I would tell people that there were only two problems with that plan:

Numero Uno--It implies that somebody's in charge.

Numero Two-o--It implies that whoever those sombodies are know what they're doing.

And I just think having that kind of faith in the world is touching, and kind of cute.
        ah, i forgot she complained about gas prices too. gotta love it. im not sure where she lives but if town A ( that she had mentioned) is where she lives then why the hell is she coming to us? there are plenty of seavee-ess's over that way. who knows. unless the doctor was out that way, still you an get scripts at closer stores
        Last edited by iradney; 04-12-2010, 10:21 AM.

Comment

Quoth sarasquirrel
          im not sure how things work in the Rx. i know sometimes they can give pills to hold them over or whatnot, im not sure what the issue was with this lady
          The only time I've had that happen (as a customer, mind you; I've never worked in pharmacy in any capacity) was because I was out of pills and the prescription itself had no refills and it was the weekend so they couldn't contact the doctor's office for a new script. The medication I was on was not something you could abruptly stop without some rather unpleasant side effects (not dangerous, but severe dizziness/nausea that certainly would interfere with my life) so they would give me enough to hold me until they could call the doctor (so, generally 2 or 3 to hold me over a weekend). This only happened once or twice, because I'm not usually dumb enough to wait until I'm out to refill the prescription, but 1 or 2 oversights in 6 years is not bad. And when they filled the new prescription they took out the couple pills they had already given me.

It probably depends on the medication, too - if it would be potentially life-threatening to miss a dose (say, insulin), or pretty much guaranteed that the scrip would be refilled (antidepressants, in my case), they would probably be more likely to help you out. If it's a controlled substance (narcotics, etc.) or something that is normally prescribed for a limited time (maybe an antibiotic), they would probably err on the side of contacting the doctor first. And if it's something you take on a regular schedule, they can tell when you will run out (barring any unforseen circumstances like a spill, or losing the bottle somehow) and often insurance doesn't pay to get a refill early.
          I don't go in for ancient wisdom
          I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
          It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth sarasquirrel View Post
            the tech is ringing up the last customer and the pharmacist informs her that one prescription was being filled to early so their insurance wouldnt allow the refill.

"bull s***, shes out of pills"

the pharmacist sees that it was a month supply and was last filled march 15. so he said she should still have 5 pills left.

they just tell her she has to talk to her insurance about it

I'll explain this since some of you are confused. A lot of insurances won't cover a refill medication a number of days before said patient will supposedly run out of pills. 5 days worth may seem reasonable to us, but not to insurance companies a lot of the time. though it depends on the insurance and loacl laws. However controlled prescriptions are a whole other ball park. You can't get a refill or even a new Rx of the same drug until like the day before you run out.

Most likely it was a controlled substance as you can't loan controlled pills while they wait for ins to approve period.

Comment

I will concur with Bookstore, and add for anyone who doesn't know, that certain drugs are monitored very, very carefully.

Adderall (sp?) for instance. My bf is prescribed to it. A high enough dose to probably calm down a wild horse. If he were to even try to get more pills before the month (or however long of a supply he's on) is over, it gets flagged, his doctor gets called, and he will most likely either not get the drug anymore or at the very least have to explain to his doctor why he needs so much. Drugs like Adderall are very addicting and are constantly sold or given away on the streets.
              You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

I can see how that would suck if you were going out of town around refill time. On the bottles for hubby's meds, it tells us according to insurance, he can't get a refill before xx date. Like the last one was refilled on 3/26, and no refill until after 4/20. Makes it nice.

Comment

I am working on getting all my meds through the Tricare mail order system, where they all cycle the same day [we have gotten me so I am now on maintenance for all my meds] - no more wondering which prescription refil will be up that week =)
                  EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Hmmm.. anti-Obama.. prescription drug abusing... where have I heard this before? This person wasn't in drag and didn't have the initials R.L. by any chance?
                    I will never go to school!

Comment

Quoth Aut View Post
                      I can see how that would suck if you were going out of town around refill time. On the bottles for hubby's meds, it tells us according to insurance, he can't get a refill before xx date. Like the last one was refilled on 3/26, and no refill until after 4/20. Makes it nice.
                      OMG! You actually *read* your prescription information?!?!

When I was on narcotics for pain and I knew I was going to be out of town when I needed a refill, I just called my doc and got a special 'script to tide me over. Then again, I've never been suspected of misusing the meds so he trusted I wasn't selling or abusing them. I could see that it might be more difficult if the customer has a less-than-sterling reputation.

Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
                      I am working on getting all my meds through the Tricare mail order system, where they all cycle the same day [we have gotten me so I am now on maintenance for all my meds] - no more wondering which prescription refil will be up that week =)
                      I love the refill-by-mail system. Call the number as soon as your meds arrive and before they run out your refill will be in your mailbox. No lines and no fussing with payments. The only downside is not getting to witness charming SCs go on their rants about politics, religion, and life in general.
                      Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

Quoth EvilEmpryss View Post

I love the refill-by-mail system. Call the number as soon as your meds arrive and before they run out your refill will be in your mailbox. No lines and no fussing with payments. The only downside is not getting to witness charming SCs go on their rants about politics, religion, and life in general.
                        90 days at a time =) and I can trigger refills online - no waiting for telephone CS operators!
                        EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Working...
                        X