X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fowl Play

PDF 101
    SC: Customer who started out lacking brain cells and ended up… well, you know.
    ME: Phone Slave

SC: So, I’m in your Rules & Regulations, and I want to print it out, but when I click on something in the Table of Contents it just gives me a hand.
    ME: Are you trying to pull up a specific section to read or print?
    SC: Well, everything!
    ME: If you want to read it, you can use “Page Down” on your keyboard, or just use the mouse to scroll. We don’t have any links in our Table of Contents, so there’s nothing to click on. If you want to print the entire thing, you just use the “Print” icon at the upper left of the PDF.
    SC: But I think I need Adobe to print it.
    ME: If you’re reading “Table of Contents” and you see the Rules & Regs in front of you, that means that you already have Adobe or another program that reads PDFs. You can just print it. You don’t need anything else, as long as you have a printer to print to.
    SC: I don’t think you know what you’re talking about.
    ME: Why don’t you try printing it and see what happens?
    SC: I don’t know why I bother, you don’t know what you’re talking about, and…. Wait. It’s printing? (He quickly hangs up)

*sigh*

Password Change Fail

Caller: So, I need to change the password in <our system>, but I can’t find out where to do it. I’m in <some other system> and I’m not seeing the prompt to change my password.
    Me: If you need to change the password in OUR system, please close out of <some other system> and go back to <our system>.

You might not care, but I do

Me: Customer Care, this is <bardicwench>, May I have your name and your agent ID please?
    SC: I just have a quick question.
    Me: I understand, but I have to log all of the calls, so I need your agent ID, please?
    SC: You don’t need that.
    Me: If you don’t have that available, I can pull you up by name. I just need your first and last name please.
    SC: I don’t want to give you that.
    Me:
    SC: I just have a question.
    Me: I understand that, but I could get in trouble if I don’t log the call.
    SC: I don’t care about that.
    Me:
    Me: I’m sorry, but I do. If you don’t wish to give your name and agent ID, I’m unable to help you.
    SC: (hangs up)
    Me: (talking to my cats) How much do you want to bet that I’ll get in trouble for that one anyway?

---------------

My bf isn’t on here, but he gets some amusing stories at his work (security guard) so I’ll post some of his. (NOTE: His main office is at a mobile home park, so that’s where most of his calls are from.)

Some kids tie a garden hose across the road, one side tired to a fence & the other side loosely looped around a sign. No cars can cross, obviously. Did anyone get out of the car and untie the hose? No, they call security. My bf gets there and there’s a line of about 7 cars, people outside their cars just talking. And no one untied the hose.

Someone calls security because a pigeon is trying to land on her children. Security is supposed to do what? He gave her the number for animal control. I told him he should’ve ticketed the pigeon for trespassing. Or double parking. Or something.

Someone calls in, reporting that there is a man chasing after a family of raccoons while wildly shooting a nail-gun.

Noise Complaint (last week): A Mariachi Band is playing outside, directly under someone else’s window. But technically on the grass “yard” of the person who hired them. No, he won’t take them inside because that’s where his family is… he & his buddies are drinking in front listening to the band.

Noise Complaint (last night): The Mariachi band is back. This time there is also a tuba.

Slow night one night… so the guards decide to ticket ducks for loitering.
    "Good morning, and in case I don't see ya, good afternoon, good evening, and good night!" - The Truman Show

Someone calls in, reporting that there is a man chasing after a family of raccoons while wildly shooting a nail-gun.
    they may look cute, but these are some mean creatures; i doubt the nail gun will prove useful if momma raccoon gets pissed. have your bf take some pics when this happens...

a mariachi band with a tuba? sound like i've found something to send to my hateful neighbor at last!
    look! it's ghengis khan!
    Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Quoth chainedbarista View Post
      they may look cute, but these are some mean creatures; i doubt the nail gun will prove useful if momma raccoon gets pissed. have your bf take some pics when this happens...

a mariachi band with a tuba? sound like i've found something to send to my hateful neighbor at last!
      I wasn't sure what was scarier... the family of raccoons (because they ARE nasty!) or the guy wildly shooting off a nail gun around a mobile home park.

And yeah.... Mariachi band with a tuba. *smirk*
      "Good morning, and in case I don't see ya, good afternoon, good evening, and good night!" - The Truman Show

Comment

hm; raccoons or the inhabitants of the average trailer park. tough call, but i'm erring on the side of raccoons; at least they go away at some point.
        look! it's ghengis khan!
        Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Quoth chainedbarista View Post
          hm; raccoons or the inhabitants of the average trailer park. tough call, but i'm erring on the side of raccoons; at least they go away at some point.
          I think the raccoons are more intelligent...

Not to say that EVERY resident of a mobile home park is lacking intelligence. I just have seen first-hand that some of them fit the stereotype.

Ohhh! Forgot one. The guy who didn't understand why he needed to move his double-parked car because the FIRE TRUCK couldn't make it down the road past his car. And neither could the AMBULANCE.

Comment

at first i was thinking, "he was smart enough to pass the licensing test?"

then i remembered that driving doesn't mean licensed...i'm scared. i'm also betting cletus had a huge family, but i won't get any farther into that.
            look! it's ghengis khan!

Comment

I just had another "bright" caller....

Dear Lady: When you sit there and tell me that EVERY message on our phone system is garbled and you can't understand me either, maybe the issue is NOT with US (since we haven't had ANY other complaints) but is actually a problem with YOUR PHONE or YOUR PHONE LINE.

Have a wonderful day. Now get off my phone.

Comment

Quoth bardicwench View Post
                I wasn't sure what was scarier... the family of raccoons (because they ARE nasty!) or the guy wildly shooting off a nail gun around a mobile home park.

And yeah.... Mariachi band with a tuba. *smirk*
                The Mariachi band. lol
                Getting offended is a great way to avoid answering questions that make you sound dumb. - exmocaptainmoroni

Comment

The guy who didn't understand why he needed to move his double-parked car because the FIRE TRUCK couldn't make it down the road past his car. And neither could the AMBULANCE.
                  I don't understand why they didn't just shove it out of their way, to be honest.

^-.-^
                  Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                    I don't understand why they didn't just shove it out of their way, to be honest.

^-.-^
                    If it had been for a fire, they probably would've. But it was just for a 911 Injury call, so they gave the guy a chance to move it.

You could fit a car down the road. But not the 'Bus or the firetruck. Well, maybe the 'Bus. But DEFINITELY not the firetruck!

Comment

Eeek! Crazy...

Noise Complaint (last night): The Mariachi band is back. This time there is also a tuba.
                      ROFLMAO that's fantastic!

Comment

Slow night one night… so the guards decide to ticket ducks for loitering.
                        That's....wonderful
                        Last edited by EricKei; 04-14-2010, 03:40 AM. Reason: broken bbcode
                        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
                        X