This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Plea

When you come out of your hotel room or answer the door for any reason, please PLEASE be dressed. I don't mean half dressed. You are not at home.

Exhibit A:

Old man in white, silk robe...and nothing else. How do we know there was nothing else? By the sickening flopping motion with every step. You may now all share a bottle of brain bleach. Don't use it all, though. You'll need it later.

Exhibit B:

Shoeless and carefree in a foodservice area. Maybe you eat breakfast barefooted at home all the time. The fact is, if you walked into a restaurant barefooted, they would make you leave. Why? Because it's a safety hazard. Health department regulations require us to make you leave and put your shoes on. Therefore, bitching at us about it isn't going to make us budge. You'd be singing a different tune later when you're barefooted darling catches a shard of that plate somebody broke earlier in his pwecious widdle toe.

Exhibit C:

Too old be be wearing your pjs/nighties out in public. Yes, a hotel, outside of your room, is in public. All you naive little teenage girls are old enough to attract the perverted stares of the still drunk/hung over crowd trying to ease the misery brought on by the previous night's excesses with the greasiest omelets I can muster. General rule of thumb: if you can't pass off band-aids as a makeshift bra any more, you're too old for this.

Exhibit D:

Speaking of bras...and speaking of D's...or DD's - if you are female and old enough to own a bra, wear it. Yes, we can tell. No, that sweatshirt doesn't make your torso shapeless enough that two dangling lumps are not visible all the way across the room. I'm sure if that kid were old enough to not be oblivious to it, they wouldn't want the whole hotel knowing that grandma's knockers knock her belt continuously while unrestrained. The whole hotel didn't want to know either.

Exhibit E:

Yes, that knock on the door means your room service order has arrived. Yes, you should probably answer the door. However, the hooker you had in the room with you had the sense and decency to cover herself up before the door was opened. Unlike you, you gigantic, shameless, sick, sick bastard. (And by gigantic, I mean morbidly obese, not plentifully endowed.) No, you didn't take your cues of propriety from a prostitute. Instead, you opened the door naked. Absofreakinglutely naked. The girl who brought you your meal was a new hire delivering her first room service order. Nothing like starting a new job off right. The only thing this poor girl did wrong was in her state of shock and uncertainty, she actually GAVE you the food and gave you the ticket to sign. All of this you accepted and sat your au naturel hiney down on the sofa to sign the ticket on the end table and return it to her. It never once dawned on you as this poor girl hastily retreated and your company for the evening sat wrapped in a blanket looking uncomfortable that something was wrong was this picture. Something horribly wrong. The words of the poor room service server inflicted with the nude visual might clarify this for you a bit: "There's nothing worse than balls when you don't expect them."

You may all now use the rest of that brain bleach.

P.S. I only heard the stories about Exhibit A, thank goodness I didn't work that day.

P.P.S. The room in which Exhibit E resided is now affectionately referred to as the "icky dick room" by the food and beverage staff.
    The original Cookie in a multitude of cookies.

GAH!!!

*runs to bulk store to ensure enough brain bleach for all, after carelessly using the whole bottle.* I think two or three cases ought to do it. Right? *shudder*
    Me to a friend: I know I'm crazy, you know I'm crazy, the zombies at the end of the world will know I'm crazy. Thus not eating my brain for fear of ingesting the crazy. It's my survival plan.

Comment

I have not been sicked out at all. I must be weird. Too inured to it.
      My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

The fact is, if you walked into a restaurant barefooted, they would make you leave. Why? Because it's a safety hazard.
        No, it isn't.

Health department regulations require us to make you leave and put your shoes on.
        No, they don't.

Edit: Those are links. I'm merely providing the information -- not going to pursue argument further.
        Last edited by Jack; 04-19-2010, 03:44 AM.

Comment

Maybe not in your area, Jack, but we could be shut down. If you want to argue that further, argue it with our health inspector.

Comment

Quoth shankyknitter View Post
            GAH!!!

*runs to bulk store to ensure enough brain bleach for all, after carelessly using the whole bottle.* I think two or three cases ought to do it. Right? *shudder*
            There are times I am glad my DH is crazy and bought 4-5 bottles of bleach (1 for each room practically)...this is definitely one of them. Oh, and I'm pretty sure I saw it on sale in at least one of the local stores this week /goes and buys a pallet-full to spread around just in case SK didn't get enough.
            "This isn't a home, this is a swirling vortex of entropy." - Sheldon "The Big Bang Theory"

Comment

Quoth incognitocook View Post
              Shoeless and carefree in a foodservice area.
              The other day I was getting breakfast at a hotel and I heard a guy arguing with the attendant. (Conversation is approximate.)

FA: "Sir, you still need to put shoes on."
              SC: "Look, I went back and put on socks!"

I deduced from their conversation that they'd already had this argument once before.
              The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Yeah, that's the problem with people treating hotels as a true home away from home; they do all the things they're not embarrassed to do in THEIR homes! Not to mention, some just don't care because they're in a far-off place where nobody will ever (hopefully) see them again.

I don't know how many times I had someone answer their hotel door naked; luckily they realized their mistake really quick, they just weren't thinking.

THEN there was the drunk guy who thought his hotel room was the bathroom, walked into the hallway and shut the door. Yep, stumbling up and down the hallway in all his 50ish, overweight, grey-haired glory.

Only ever had one CUTE naked guy... Nuts!
                "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Re: Exhibit B

I usually don't tell them it's a health code violation, but I do tell them that they'll want to go put on some shoes and then explain that people walk through the lobby and you don't know what they stepped in before their feet comes in contact with our lobby floor. That usually works.
                  To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Exhibit D:
                    Speaking of bras...and speaking of D's...or DD's - if you are female and old enough to own a bra, wear it.
                    As someone with DD's I have to say that, while I do follow the convention, I curse it every single day. Bras are evil things. If I were endowed with much much less I would never wear them. As it is, they're one of the last things to go on when I leave the house and first to come off when I get home. Unless I'm going to/from Hosipital as a patient. Then I reserve the right to wear just an undershirt under my shirt because I'm going to be butt naked under a hospital gown most of the time anyway. There WILL come a day, however, when I just don't give a shit anymore and never wear a bra again. Sorry if that offends you, but damn those things are uncomfortable! Would you gentlemen like to bind your twig and berries everyday? And don't anyone give me that BS about a properly fitting bra being comfortable. I've been fitted by several experts of good reputation. Bras are just of the devil.
                    Don't wanna; not gonna.

Comment

Quoth 42_42_42 View Post
                      Bras are just of the devil.
                      QfT&GJ

^-.-^
                      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Jack View Post
                        No, it isn't.

No, they don't.

Edit: Those are links. I'm merely providing the information -- not going to pursue argument further.
                        What you have linked us to is true. There is no law stating that you cannot be barefoot.

However, what people tend to forget is that we live in a litigious society and even though one might put up "[activity] at your own risk" signs, it will not protect them from a lawsuit.

After all, how many times have we heard in the news of a burglar breaking into someone's house and injuring themselves in the commission of a crime...and suing the homeowner because the idiot broke his coccyx tripping over the houseplant.

One suit involved a man who broke his neck falling from the third story window of a house he was trying to break into and sued because the only non-barred window was on the third story.
                        I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

Thankfully I don't remember any half dressed or pj clad bodies at breakfast back when I worked at the hotel.... had a fair share of "oops, i left my keys in the room when I went for a shower dressed only in my towel" moments though

In fairness, this was back last century in a very basic b&b with not many ensuites though
                          Arp happens!

Just when I was getting used to yesterday, along came today.

Comment

When you come out of your hotel room or answer the door for any reason, please PLEASE be dressed. I don't mean half dressed. You are not at home.

<,snip>

try being a food delivery person and people ARE in their own home.

thankfully I have had only 2 "underwear" models.

unfortuneately one is a regular customer we have dubbed "naked guy". He likes to answer his door in something that can only be described as tighty-whities gause cause that is about the "thickness" they are (not leaving very much to the imagination) or he is "just" getting out of the shower and is only clothed in a very very thin robe loosely tied with nothing else on under it.

and yes I have heard other driver's true stories about naked women answering the door (seems to be a popular pron film theme), underwear clad males and females, persons in the middle of doing the horizontal mambo and someone else answering the door in full view of the first couple, a hotel room orgy in full swing, offering sexual favors (pick your favorite) in lieu of tips or full payment, etc.

OK I understand that this is your house BUT have some kind of decency. unfortuneately our company has determined that what people do in THIER own houses is legal and there is nothing we can do. we can not tell them to stop even if the driver is female and the pervvy male of the house comes to the door in his birthday suit. we can not even ban them for sexually harressing the drivers (male or female). and yes there have been female drivers deliver to naked guy before in all his gausey glory.

Most of the time we believe they do it for the shock value
                            I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                            -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth 42_42_42 View Post
                              As someone with DD's I have to say that, while I do follow the convention, I curse it every single day. Bras are evil things.
                              Oh they are evil. I am not nearly as well endowed as you are and I say that as well. My husband calls them medieval torture devices. As for the comfort factor, a well-fitting bra is relatively more comfortable than one that doesn't fit well - and that's all you can say for them. We seem to have stepped up from corsets in the comfort factor of womens underwear. Can't wait for the next generation of underthings to come along and perhaps be truly comfortable this time around.

Racket_Man, that is why I have never applied for a delivery job. Just couldn't do it. I have all kinds of respect for you and the others that put up with that crap on a daily basis!

Comment

Working...
                              X