Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Find another store to torment with your smell!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For a few years I worked at a very busy gas station. We had a nasty, foul, stinking couple who used to come in all the time. They could peel your eyeballs. A couple of times I thought I would pass out from trying not to breath in the fumes. After a while I couldn't take it anymore so I bought a huge can of Lysol. I would set it on the counter as soon as I saw their truck pull into the lot. Before they even made it out of the door I started spraying the air and everything they touched. They never took the hint but I always got a thankful laugh from the next person in line.

Comment

In the store where I work, we have a whole family who come in every so often - and each and every one of them, from the youngest to the oldest, stink.
      Not just BO, but that distinctive odour that you get when clothes don't get washed for months one end, compounded with cigarette smoke, booze, cheap perfume... you get the picture. Their language is no more fragrant than their persons. If they try on any clothes, those they don't buy are thrown away by us afterwards as nobody else would want them.
      We did have an awesome assistant manager (now transferred, alas) who once followed them around the store with a can of air freshener.... The hint hasn't sunk in.
      Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Quoth Granny View Post
        We had a nasty, foul, stinking couple who used to come in all the time....I bought a huge can of Lysol. I would set it on the counter as soon as I saw their truck pull into the lot. Before they even made it out of the door I started spraying the air and everything they touched. They never took the hint but I always got a thankful laugh from the next person in line.
        Quoth Marmalady View Post
        In the store where I work, we have a whole family who come in every so often - and each and every one of them, from the youngest to the oldest, stink....We did have an awesome assistant manager (now transferred, alas) who once followed them around the store with a can of air freshener...
        It boggles the mind how these severely hygiene-deficient people just don't get it. I know some people are oblivious to nonverbal communication, but how do you not notice that everyone you speak to moves as far away from you as possible? How do you not notice the store employee spraying Lysol after you? I'm sure more than a few people have even outright said, "Damn, you reek, take a shower!" or something similar, and they still don't have a clue.
        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
        My LiveJournal
        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I'll be fair: furry conventions have gotten better.

You have three thousand people wedged into the same hotel in the middle of summer, and half of them are wearing full-body costumes that cover the head. Most of these people learn pretty damn quick that hygiene is the way to remain on speaking terms with...well, anyone. Some conventions have sent out flyers to that effect.

Tragically, not all conventions practice social enforcement. And it really only takes ONE. And its not necessarily, or even often, the guy in the costume. (Costumers have been on the whole pretty good about hygiene.) It could be the big guy in the corner in the severely distressed T-shirt with the Cheetos dust on his face and the mop of greasy hair. You have one of those in a game room with fifty other people...well, that's only one out of fifty, right? Not too bad, right? Wrongo. It only takes one.

I have walked through CLOUDS in the dealer room before. Whoever it was, he was just perusing something (and it's always a HE) for some twenty minutes or so, and when he walked away, he left a...signature. One that, several minutes later, had not dissipated.

I wept. For oh, so many reasons.

Love, Who?

Comment

I have a co-worker that has this reek. I spoke to the boss about it once or twice. I discovered it was a medical condition that could not be treated. Some days he's not so bad. Other days... you can smell him from about six feet away. And thats the minimum.

My brother also has this issue - it runs in the family. However, my brother's solution is to shower each and every day with an antibacterial soap. It works for him.
            "FUCK NO I DON'T WANT YOUR FREAKY ALIEN MOTHERSHIP ORANGES. " - Cookiesaur
            ~~

Munkie's NaNo WC: 9648

Comment

The infamous Numbnuts is about the worst reeker I've dealt with, because I spent the most time around him.

I've encountered people with all manner of nauseating smells--cat pee, excessive BO, excessive cigarette smoke, too much perfume or cologne--but not often enough I can identify them and get away when I see them coming. The biggest problem I have is walking into other people's farts.
              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                The biggest problem I have is walking into other people's farts.
                Oh! The farts!

I walked past an old lady who was just shuffling along and letting it rip, rather loudly. I came back that way a minute later, and walked right into the Cloud of Death! That stench remained stuck in my nose for a good solid 10 minutes!
                Steven Slater ROCKS! So does James Jones!

The world is an asshole contest...and EVERYONE'S A WINNER!

Comment

This reminds me of when I was working for "an old country store and restaurant combo with rocking chairs on the front porch". I was a cashier. This old man came up to my register, and proceed to BURP IN MY FACE.. It was disgusting; the smell was nauseating. When I waved the smell away, backed up, said EWWWW! and gave him a funny look he got angry I was "being rude". Excuse me asshole, burps don't smell like flowers; and I'm not going to act as if your odiferous, rude display of gas doesn't offend my nostrils.

Comment

Back in High School I knew a guy who had a faint smell of dirt around him... wasn't horrible, but very noticeable. I'm kinda glad i haven't run into worse.

Comment

I've worked on the nursing home floor of a V.A. hospital for ten years. Nothing compares to the smell of a decubitus ulcer.

Comment

back when i was stationed in japan there was a similar case...

one of the sailors had taken leave but was staying on base... he decided to spend all of his time on the "third deck" - that is the 3rd floor of the base's recreational building.

the first floor was some rentable lockers, washing machines, second was the uniform store, 3rd was the food court & wifi (both free & paid), 4th & 5th were exercise rooms, and i think there was a couple of medical offices there too.

the joke was that anyone who would hang out on the 3rd floor was called a "third deck warrior".

anyway the sailor was hanging out there for several days in a row using the internet. not sure if he was websurfing or gaming. all i know was that apparently he started to smell bad. and by "bad" i mean that the base military police had to physically pick him up and take him away, kicking and screaming from his computer, in order to make him shower the smell off.

too bad you can't do that to stinky customers too...

Comment

Quoth LadyKelli666 View Post
                          This old man came up to my register, and proceed to BURP IN MY FACE.. It was disgusting; the smell was nauseating. When I waved the smell away, backed up, said EWWWW! and gave him a funny look he got angry I was "being rude".
                          Oh, and belching in someone's face is just the epitome of good manners. Emily Post would be proud.
                          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                          My LiveJournal
                          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Is no one going to say it? Guess I'll have to.

Ooo-oooh that smell,
                            Can you smell that smell?
                            The smell of FAIL surrounds you...

Comment

Working...
                            X