Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a confession to make: I carry "Wet Ones" in my bag, for many reasons. Wiping down the toilet seat (if I wasn't the last janitor to clean it) when I'm in public is one of them.

Someone thought I was quite strange, hearing the wrappings opening and rattle, and see me dropping something on the floor (only temporarily so I could actually begin using the bathrooms.) Actually, I think he was security and thought I was a thief. Thankfully, I still had my receit in my pocket. So when I came out, showed the receit, then I explained that, "Oh, I carry alcohol pads around and wipe down the seat before I . . ."

"Say no more. That's actually pretty clever. I'll have to suggest that to my wife. She's kind of phobic, too."

"Can you blame her?" That was that.
    Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Quoth Shalom View Post
      The other weird thing about this bathroom was that there were showerheads sticking out of each wall and a drain in the middle of the floor. When you turned this control on one wall, the entire room turned into a gigantic shower stall. Never saw that anywhere else either.
      It sounds like what my in-laws reported about the Korean bathrooms. (They use squat toilets there too, but except for one mad dash my in-laws always had Western-style toilets available. I know that squat toilets are considered better for you, but once you already HAVE a back/leg condition you really don't want to use them.)

My husband's cousins were in Korea for a year (hence my in-laws going for a visit), and she commented that it was odd, but it actually worked out really well, as the bathroom apparently doesn't need the same amount of cleaning as our dry ones do.

Comment

Quoth Shalom View Post
        Oh, and down low on the wall where we'd expect to see a roll of toilet paper, there was a shower control with a hose, presumably to be used for purposes of personal hygiene in lieu of paper.
        But you still have the drying-off of said area issue.

Quoth Shalom View Post
        The other weird thing about this bathroom was that there were showerheads sticking out of each wall and a drain in the middle of the floor. When you turned this control on one wall, the entire room turned into a gigantic shower stall. Never saw that anywhere else either.
        I just don't get that. Did they have it separated from the sink and everything else that an American-style bathroom has?
        It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Another reason for drips on the seat is incontinence - and not every woman is aware she's incontinent, not if it's small amounts.
          Seshat's self-help guide:
          1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
          2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
          3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
          4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Working...
          X