This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Hate You, James Cameron

I haven't worked for a movie theater for at least four years. I thought that I would by-pass all this 'Avatar' nonsense. How wrong I was. I knew I was in for something when I saw the huge Avatar display at our store. Many people bought the DVD today, as this was the first day it went on sale.

I was bagging today, and a woman came through my line and asked if we had any copies of the movie. I went to look at the display, and wouldn't you know it, none left. I went back to her and said we were sold out.

Now, my fellow CS.com-goers, I think you know what's coming next. What is our faaaaaaaavorite question to hear at work? Yep, you guessed it.

"Do you have any more in the back?"

I went and fetched a manager, and she talked to our GM people to see if we did. We didn't, of course. The lady refused to take no for an answer, and asked for my manager's manager.

The manager's manager says again, no, we don't have anymore. She actually STAMPED HER FOOT and started whining about how she came in last night and tried to get the movie, and now she's in here and couldn't get it either. She ranted the entire transaction!

"I guess I'll have to go to TARGET now, and they'll probably be sold out of it too!"

"And the video store next door is fucking closing, so they won't have it!"

"Why couldn't you guys sell it to me last night?!"

"I neeeeeeed to get that movie!"

She was in her forties. It was really hard not to laugh. She was acting like a little kid! It's JUST a movie. And besides, if you were so eager to get it, why didn't you come during the day, and not at 10 o'clock at night when you know everyone else wants to get it too? Jeez.

Say it with me, everyone. A lack of planning on your part....
    http://www.customerssuck.com/?p=7499
    Now appearing in comic form!

You know, I DM a RPG using the Marvel Universe Role Playing Game. Its basically dungeons and dragons in Marvel Comics form. (Sans dice).

I'm going to make a dungeon that is in a store. With such evil customers as Screamo! The customer that screams and cries with super sonic whinning!

Mr. Moneybags! A man so rich, he can buy your store, yet cannot afford the dollar candy!

IdioSavo! The world's greatest thief, in the sense they steal everything they get their hands on, and yet deny and deny after being caught as stuff falls out of their pockets!

Of course the super heroes will be in the store. Being under the harsh slavemaster of Manager!

Everyone is searching for the lost dungeon of BackaRoomo! This mystical hidden room all customers have claim to know off. the room that carries an infinite supply of every known items, even Dark Matter! ( On sale for $5.99!)

Gawd I hate those people so much. Its worst when our beer goes on clearence, as the drunks buy every single one in the store since they tend to be under a dollar most of the time for good quality 22 oz beer. Naturally customers think that this must mean we have tons and tons in the backroom. Despite it being clearence. The clerks saying we don't have anymore as we sold. No we won't get anymore. Its clearence... blackouts. Aye. Aye. Aye.

Besides. Its a freaking overhyped movie. If I'm going to buy it, I'll wait til next year when its like 5 bucks.
    Military Spouse Support.
    http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
    Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

What if we all put our heads together and invented a new line dance and call it, ummmmmm, the Sucky Mad Customer Stomp. Everyone who works with people could learn it off YouTube and the next time a customer gets mad like that a bunch of servers/cashiers/sales people could do a Flash Mob type thingy-and then all run away before the managers get there!

We'd need a particular song to go with it, too that is easy enough for anyone regardless of singing ability.

Y'all, this could be the next MACARENA
      !!!!!!! :=D
      Dull women have immaculate homes.

Comment

Please, whatever you do, do NOT tell this woman that we have that blasted movie at the c-store. Of course, we also charge $21.99 for it, which is a pretty hefty price for a DVD as it is. Everyone, so far, must be getting it elsewhere, because we've sold exactly one (of our 6) copies. Oh well. Oh, and Grocery Wench, I LOVE your pic! Foamy, our lord & master!!!
        "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

Our copies haven't been selling that fast actually. They're selling yes but we still have a bunch on the shelf.

Quoth GroceryWench View Post
          Uh because selling it before the release day is a big no no! So much so the store could be fined 2,000 dollars! That's why!

Comment

Quoth BrenDAnn View Post
            Please, whatever you do, do NOT tell this woman that we have that blasted movie at the c-store. Of course, we also charge $21.99 for it, which is a pretty hefty price for a DVD as it is. Everyone, so far, must be getting it elsewhere, because we've sold exactly one (of our 6) copies. Oh well. Oh, and Grocery Wench, I LOVE your pic! Foamy, our lord & master!!!
            I think we're charging close to $35 for ours...that's Australian dollars by the way.

Oh, and that's the pattern for most new movies lately or movies with more than one disk...when we got in New Moon, we have two copies out: the single disc and two disc sets. Single disc set retails for about $20, two disc set is about $35.

and I work in a supermarket.
            The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth Plaidman View Post
              You know, I DM a RPG using the Marvel Universe Role Playing Game. Its basically dungeons and dragons in Marvel Comics form. (Sans dice).

I'm going to make a dungeon that is in a store...
              Can I play? That sounds pretty awesome!
              EVERYTHING YOU SAY IS CANCER AND MADNESS. (Gravekeeper)
              ~-~
              Also, I have been told that I am sarcastic. I don’t know where anyone would get such an impression.(Gravekeeper again)

Comment

Yeah I keep having people complain about how much it is. It's labeled $20.99. I keep having to tell people it's $19.99 because no one ever makes sale signs for the new movies.

We had 2-4 Blu-rays that sold quickly, but we still have a TON of DVDs.

Comment

Quoth GroceryWench View Post
                  Quoth SG15Z View Post
                  Uh because selling it before the release day is a big no no! So much so the store could be fined 2,000 dollars! That's why!
                  Unfortunately, if GroceryWench is talking about the 23rd (that's when it shows it was posted), the SC kinda had a point since it came out on the 22nd.
                  It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth Plaidman View Post
                    Mr. Moneybags! A man so rich, he can buy your store, yet cannot afford the dollar candy!
                    Another favorite plot of his is to come into the store upon first opening, buy a pack of Wrigley's gum and pay for it with a $100, then unleash the Rant Of Evil upon the poor clerk who makes him wait for the manager to come out and break the bill.

I agree with Aisling, that'd make a great game.
                    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                    My LiveJournal
                    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth Plaidman View Post
                      Besides. Its a freaking overhyped movie. If I'm going to buy it, I'll wait til next year when its like 5 bucks.
                      I just wait til they're used -- or til there's a special on the Director cut/special edition/criterion/whatever.

Then again, there only reason I have NOT bought the LoTR blu ray set yet is because I have not yet located a version for sale which contains anything other than the theatrical release. If I'm gonna be price gouged that badly (even the TR bluray set ain't cheap), you can be damn sure I'm gonna get my money's worth out of it >_>

As for the Marvel game -- it really does exist. Just so ya know ^_^
                      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Would this be the version with the success chart? (shift X, shift Y, shift Z and Beyonder) The Card based version or the more recent one with the pool stones?
                        Bark like a chicken!

Comment

The original TSR Marvel RPG was an awesome game. The new one with stones, not so much.
                          "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Quoth Exaspera View Post
                            What if we all put our heads together and invented a new line dance and call it, ummmmmm, the Sucky Mad Customer Stomp. Everyone who works with people could learn it off YouTube and the next time a customer gets mad like that a bunch of servers/cashiers/sales people could do a Flash Mob type thingy-and then all run away before the managers get there!

We'd need a particular song to go with it, too that is easy enough for anyone regardless of singing ability.

Y'all, this could be the next MACARENA
                            !!!!!!! :=D
                            You realize everyone hates the Macarena, right?

I am so in!
                            "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

Wowa. I knew we had some rpgers here. But I am talking about the stone version. (Shift to into defense). It works decently well for us. The only other rpg superhero I found was the freaking gurps version, which just needlessly complicated for our group.

As for those villains, I'm making that dungeon. I'll post next sunday night how it went. Right now my group is fighting RoboHilter. His brain went into a robotic body to save him, after one of the party members killed hitler in the past before his suicide. Naturally Red Skull saved him for the symbol. Now the party is regretting that action because in the new time line, Hitler took over with an army of super robots. YAY ROBOTS!
                              Military Spouse Support.
                              http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
                              Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

Working...
                              X