This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "..No-o-oooh! I bought them here two weeks ago"

I am currently on my three day countdown at the store I'm working in, and it seems they know I'm soon done, so I've had SC's all day long and doubtless tomorrow will not be any better.

Stamp lady

SC = Stamp lady
    Me = Me

Me: "How may I help you?" (See, I'm polite)

SC: "I want a box of stamps."

Me: "Sorry, but we don't have stamps, try the post-office or the kiosk."

SC: "What do you mean? I bought a box only two weeks ago!"

Me: (Slightly insecure) "Erh.." *Checks under the counter, finds nothing, searches some more, still nothing* "Sorry, but I'm pretty sure we don't have any here.."

SC: Noo-ooh! I know you have!!

Me: *checks under the counter yet again, oddly enough, still nothing* "..Are you sure you didn't get them at <kiosk>..?"

SC: "NO! I got them HERE!"

Me: (Wondering if I could narrow this down somewhat) "Do you remember who gave you them last time..?"

SC: "Ehhhhh... Nooo.." (All this time giving me a sick smile)

Me: (Loosing it totally) "Listen here, I've been here for quite some time now, and I've never seen or sold a single stamp here, at all!"

SC: "That can't be, I knoooow I got them here!"

Me: *Pointing down the mall to <kiosk>* "No you haven't, we don't have them!!"

Lady leaves, still with that sickly smile on here face. God must know what was going on in that mind.

And as if to freak me completely out, I had another guy asking me if I could sell him a few boxes of stamps. Told him sorry, don't have any. And he left it at that..

Today's word: Stamp.
    Last edited by Shatteredillusions; 04-26-2010, 06:02 PM. Reason: Spelling..

Quoth Shatteredillusions View Post
    Today's word: Stamp.
    "Ok Conky, what's today's secret word?"
    "The secret word is...STAMP."

AAAAHHHHHHH!!!

Dammit, why is everything today reminding me about Pee-Wee's Playhouse?

Comment

Maybe she wanted those special stamps from the sixties, the kind that made you hear pretty colors? Are you sure one of your coworkers isn't selling *those* stamps?
      Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

I wonder if people really truly believe that continuing to badger employees will magically make stuff appear, or if they are that senile and delusional about where they are that they simply aren't at the right place...
        You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
          I wonder if people really truly believe that continuing to badger employees will magically make stuff appear, or if they are that senile and delusional about where they are that they simply aren't at the right place...
          If they ask ANOTHER employee the same question and get the same answer, badgering. If they ask a 3rd employee senile and/or delusional.

Comment

I think they just buy into the idea of the bitter teenaged wage-slave who mutters "I dunno I just work here" to any sort of question and tries to avoid work. So they assume everyone's just slacking when they can't get what they want and keep trying until they find a "good worker" who will get it for them.

It's a sort of backwards confirmation bias. They're absolutely certain they're right, so if you're disagreeing, you must be wrong. And it happens often enough that they become convinced they're constantly being told wrong by employees. The paranoid ones assume we're part of a vast conspiracy that exists only to hassle them, and then call Gravekeeper at 3 AM to tell him about it. The rest just assume we're too lazy and stupid to do the job to their satisfaction and become regular EWs.
            » Horse Words «·» Roleplaying Stuff «

Comment

Quoth EvilEmpryss View Post
              Maybe she wanted those special stamps from the sixties, the kind that made you hear pretty colors? Are you sure one of your coworkers isn't selling *those* stamps?
              I thought that S&H Green Stamps went bye bye back in the early 70's?????

Or could the customer have bought some of those "stamps" (ya know the ones that look like a cut-up ink blotter and have that hippy air about them")

Not that I would know about such things anyway
              Last edited by Racket_Man; 04-27-2010, 07:55 AM.
              I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
              -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
                I thought that S&H Green Stamps went bye bye back in the early 70's?????

Or could the customer have bought some of those "stamps" (ya know the ones that look like a cut-up ink blotter and have that hippy air about them")

Not that I would know about such things anyway
                Nope ... still hanging in there. Amazingly enough. I wonder if my mom has any books of them left ...
                EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Oh, I do have customers who will walk up to our infodesk ask me a question, get a negative response, head on down to the cashiers to ask them the same question.. Or walk around aimlessly to find yet another employee.. Because they are damn sure we are lying to them.. The stamps ARE around here somewhere..

Comment

Now I'll admit that I have been a bit too persistant at times, but not if the employee tries to help, as you did.

I explained that badly, basically if I ask a question and you can't help but say so, and offer to direct me to where I can get help from, thats fine with me, thats great customer service.

But if an employee can't be bothered to help me and is being deliberately obtuse then I try to question round it until I get some actual real info and get frustrated unless they throw me some sort of bone. Ah hell, i'll make a new thread about this instead of writing the saga of Miss "I don't know"
                    "You can only try so hard to look like you are working before actually doing your work seems easy in comparison" -My Boss

CW: So what exactly do you do in retentions?
                    Me: ummm, I ....retent stuff?

Comment

Working...
                    X