X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Stryker One View Post
    You went to "colelge"?
    And got very well E-dumbicated, spank you!
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Some folks have the Math gene, some folks have the Spelling gene, lots of both have the Fart gene.
      Dull women have immaculate homes.

Comment

Quoth MergedLoki View Post
        just bugs me i mean i do know my job.. i did go to colelge for it. i didn't just walk off the street and say like 'i gots me my grade 12 GED, lemme at that magnety machine!'
        Sadly, and scarily, that is perfectly legal in my state. There are no state regulations that say MRI techs have to be certified. Heck, they just got around to requiring Nuc techs to be certified right before I graduated. Granted, most hospitals will require some sort of education and/or working toward sitting for the MR boards, but it scares me that the state would allow anyone to walk in and work that machine.

Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
        Some people don't have dental plans and they can be expensive - I spent almost 800 $US getting several resin ones put in to replace some ancient silver amalgam ones.

Thinking of which, I just cracked a filling and need to get it replaced
        If it's in your budget, look into plans through Delta Dental. I had to have 7 fillings done last year, and Delta Dental paid 80% of the cost. They also cover everything for a checkup except floride treatments. Or at least they did a year ago. I really hope I'm not in for a nasty surprise when I go to my annual checkup tomorrow.
        I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

Communist era military and civillians can have steel fillings .... Temporary crowns can have stainless steel bits also.

Just saying ...

[not to mention that someone has suggested stainless steel crowns for pediatric dental restoration work ... ]
          either way stainless steel would be ok as it wouldn't rust. therefore, stay in place lol (fillings are implanted in your teeth so the MRI magnet isn't gonig to rip em outta ur head.)

Quoth jedimaster91 View Post
          Sadly, and scarily, that is perfectly legal in my state. There are no state regulations that say MRI techs have to be certified. Heck, they just got around to requiring Nuc techs to be certified right before I graduated. Granted, most hospitals will require some sort of education and/or working toward sitting for the MR boards, but it scares me that the state would allow anyone to walk in and work that machine.

If it's in your budget, look into plans through Delta Dental. I had to have 7 fillings done last year, and Delta Dental paid 80% of the cost. They also cover everything for a checkup except floride treatments. Or at least they did a year ago. I really hope I'm not in for a nasty surprise when I go to my annual checkup tomorrow.
          I'm sure they (your state) would require SOME form of formal education. Only because for any tech related job (i work in xray and MRI) a national certification exam is required to be written. and there simply is NO way someone with no higher education (as in above highschool) could do it.

Quoth Stryker One View Post
          You went to "colelge"?
          lol yea well i was working nightshift, so around 3- 5 am my spelling kinda takes a nosedive as my brain shuts down lol
          Last edited by iradney; 05-12-2010, 12:39 PM.
          Common sense... So rare it's a goddamn superpower.

Comment

I'm sure they (your state) would require SOME form of formal education. Only because for any tech related job (i work in xray and MRI) a national certification exam is required to be written. and there simply is NO way someone with no higher education (as in above highschool) could do it.
            This was all I could find on my state's website:

Who Must Be Certified
            All diagnostic X-ray machine operators working in medicine, chiropractic, podiatry and bone densitometry must be certified. New regulations approved in October 2007 require certification of nuclear medicine technologists, radiation therapists and radiologist assistants
            Now, MRI regs may be in a different place since, AFAIK, there's no ionizing radiation involved. Just because my state may or may not regulate MRI techs, doesn't mean any ol' person is pushing the button. The hospitals themselves probably require at least an ARRT(R) certification with an understanding that said tech will eventually sit for the MR boards. We're going through that with our CT people right now. <Hospital> is now requiring anyone who does CT to sit for and pass the CT boards, even though the state is happy with the ARRT(R).
            I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

"I reject your reality and substitute my own!"

:runs away:
              Any day you're looking down at the dirt instead of up at the dirt is a good day.

Comment

either way stainless steel would be ok as it wouldn't rust. therefore, stay in place lol (fillings are implanted in your teeth so the MRI magnet isn't gonig to rip em outta ur head.)

No, the point is they *heat up* and can expand. Think about it.
                EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

No, the point is they *heat up* and can expand. Think about it.
                  well they CAN but it's not a '100% definent' in any case patients have call bells wire to a lil alarm bell. so if they're in any discomfort they just let us know and we zip em outta the room and they're checked on several times over the course of an mri scan.

also not ALL stainless steel is magnetic. because stainless steel isn't just ONE metal (like iron, or whatever) but a combo of abunch of alloys. so it all depends when/where/why/how that paticular stainless steel was made if it has any magnetic properties or not.

Comment

Quoth jedimaster91 View Post
                    This was all I could find on my state's website:

Now, MRI regs may be in a different place since, AFAIK, there's no ionizing radiation involved. Just because my state may or may not regulate MRI techs, doesn't mean any ol' person is pushing the button. The hospitals themselves probably require at least an ARRT(R) certification with an understanding that said tech will eventually sit for the MR boards. We're going through that with our CT people right now. <Hospital> is now requiring anyone who does CT to sit for and pass the CT boards, even though the state is happy with the ARRT(R).
                    yea you gotta pass a certification exam. and i'm sure it'd be the same w/mri as MRI is (potentionally) more dangerous than anything involving radiation.

with the MRI if a paticular condition or implant or whatever isn't caught (hence the giant question sheet before an mri scan is done) we can potentially kill someone.

not gonna do that with an xray or cat scan.

Comment

Quoth Sleepwalker View Post
                      She's had MRIs done before. If she was going to have a problem, she'd have had it by now.
                      And according to her, she did. Perhaps the proper avenue would be to ask her what metal her fillings are made of, rather than simply assuming she's a hypochondriac, or that her having loose and/or cracked fillings after previous MRIs was all her imagination or just a coincidence?

Comment

difdi, if you re-read the original post you will see that the office improperly forwarded the call to the OP who is not supposed to be handling phone calls like that.

Considering she was completely blindsided, she handled the caller repeating the same question numerous times with a great deal of patience and compassion. I don't see anywhere that she said or did anything wrong, despite the fact that the caller was basically calling her a liar and questioning her knowledge and training.

TO ALL:

This site exists so people can vent about their jobs dealing with the public instead of blowing up at an overly anxious patient or telling off an annoying customer.

Let's please keep that in mind when we reply to threads about situations that we've encountered as customers.

If you have something helpful to say such as sharing how a CS rep dealt with you to make a similar situation work out better, that's fine. But avoid such statements as "I guess I was sucky when I..." That's calling out another poster.

If you have some expertise to share because you've done the same job as another poster and have have found effective ways to deal with similar customers, that's also fine. If your expertise is of the armchair variety, then it's best not to share it.

What's never OK is telling someone what they did wrong or otherwise calling them out in the thread. If you can't help but say something, PLEASE do everyone a favor and click the report button to say it in a report.
                        The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

Working...
                        X