This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dear X-Man

We have some of the craziest customers. I wonder how they operate their accounts sometimes. This is how the conversation went. I'm still in shock and trying to figure this one out.

Me: Hi, how are you today?
    SC: I was fine until this rain started!
    Me: Yup, it's really coming down hard out there, looks like a little flash rainstorm... Hopefully, it will stop soon.
    SC: But the weather said it wasn't supposed to rain! Liars... You should do something about that!
    Me: The weather people being wrong?
    SC: No! THE RAIN!!!!
    Me: Um, I... Uh... Hmm... I'm sorry, but my super powers limit me to flying and not controlling the weather.
    SC: WHAT DID YOU SAY TO ME?!?!
    Me: Nothing.

And then she stormed (pun intended) away.

What makes you think I can control the weather? What world did you grow up in to think the assistant manager of your local bank, or anywhere, has the power to stop rain.

She had no other business with me, other than to complain that it was raining and I needed to put my foot down and tell it to stop.
    There had to be DUMB in the water today. - Summerfly413

Aw, man, you got flying? All I got was invisibility. Cool, but not very practical. (Especially when it seems to extend to your car on the road, lol)

I hope but doubt she got the message. Did you say that on purpose or did it just pop out on it's own? (Stupid customers can cause that. It's a medical fact.)
    Each one of us has a special place just like the Evergreen Forest. Enchanting, sparkling, and perfect. And, like the flowers that bloom there... fragile.

Comment

Quoth MrsEclipse View Post
      Aw, man, you got flying? All I got was invisibility. Cool, but not very practical. (Especially when it seems to extend to your car on the road, lol)

I hope but doubt she got the message. Did you say that on purpose or did it just pop out on it's own? (Stupid customers can cause that. It's a medical fact.)
      Yeah, except flying sucks in rainstorms that I can't stop. I tend to be soaked by the time I land.

I would say a little from column A and a little from column B... I really need to watch myself because I tend to say things without thinking.

Though if they complained to my manager, he's worse than I am... Though his manager isn't, she'd rip our heads off.

Comment

Reminds me of the people that called in about their medication packages being delayed by FedEx because of the snowstorms that his the U.S. They kept calling and even after we explained that neither us nor FedEx can change the weather, they would yell "Well I paid for $xx.xx amount of shipping....!"

I feel like screaming that money doesn't make the world go round, and that your money will not band laws of physics/change the weather/buy you happiness. It will, however, but you medications in a timely manner. Usually.
        Sucky Customers- Have the ability to convert non-drinkers into raging alcoholics in one phone call or less.

Comment

People were like that for one of the freak snowstorms that hit Texas this winter. It dropped a foot of snow in an area that goes decades without seeing snow at all, and they're wondering why their checks won't get there until the next day.

I know it sucks, but really? Expecting Fedex to risk their lives for the off chance that they can actually make it through the snow covered, iced over interstate just for payroll?

Comment

Quoth MrsEclipse View Post
            Man... lucky dogs... all I can do is make little fireworks from my finger tips. Great for entertaining the kids.... not very practical for anything else though..... and I accidentally set fire to my homework last night. ....
            "I'm not smiling because I'm happy. I'm smiling because every time I blink your head explodes!"
            -Red

Comment

Ah, but you (or your business) *did* stop the rain for her. Stopped it several feet above her head, for as long as she wished to stay there, by installing a roof
              Now the trouble about trying to make yourself stupider than you really are is that you very often succeed.

Comment

Well, you are at a bank! Can't you pay the rain something to make it go away??!!
                Dull women have immaculate homes.

Comment

Oh yes, let's get the military to put a stop to the threat of rain once and for all.
                  Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Quoth Red_Dazes View Post
                    Man... lucky dogs... all I can do is make little fireworks from my finger tips. Great for entertaining the kids.... not very practical for anything else though..... and I accidentally set fire to my homework last night. ....
                    At least you get a spiffy yellow coat?
                    EVERYTHING YOU SAY IS CANCER AND MADNESS. (Gravekeeper)
                    ~-~
                    Also, I have been told that I am sarcastic. I don’t know where anyone would get such an impression.(Gravekeeper again)

Comment

This thread owes me a new keyboard since I just spit my ramen broth onto it from laughing. XD
                      By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

Quoth phantasy View Post
                        I feel like screaming that money doesn't make the world go round, and that your money will not band laws of physics/change the weather/buy you happiness.
                        Scotty? Is that you?

Quoth Sleepwalker View Post
                        People were like that for one of the freak snowstorms that hit Texas this winter. It dropped a foot of snow in an area that goes decades without seeing snow at all, and they're wondering why their checks won't get there until the next day.
                        Annnnnnd this is why I have direct deposit!
                        It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth Aisling View Post
                          At least you get a spiffy yellow coat?

And Bret Hart glasses.

Comment

Quoth Seraph View Post
                            This thread owes me a new keyboard since I just spit my ramen broth onto it from laughing. XD
                            I guess I'm guilty since I started it.

Comment

Working...
                            X