This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For the last time the sale is OVER!

This one is self explanatory, guy came in today and I had this exchange with him:

SC: *looks around the store in a clueless fashion for a minute, then comes up to me*
    Hey, what happened to the bin of cheap games you used to have?
    Me: We got rid of it, that sale ended two days ago.
    SC: So the games are gone?
    Me: Oh no, we still have the games, but the prices have gone back up.
    (at this point he looks at me expectantly, as if I am going to magically restart the sale for him...)
    SC: So...no more cheap games?
    (...okay, you FAIL at listening...)
    Me: No, the sale is over. As I said the games are still available, but they are back at their regular prices.
    SC: Well screw that, I'll go to Target instead! *stomps off*
    "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

But, I didn't knooooooooow that, it's not faaaaaaaiiiirrrrrrr.

Comment

And now the news: Sales don't last forever!
      Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

He sure showed you, huh!
        Dull women have immaculate homes.

Comment

Quoth Kristev View Post
          And now the news: Sales don't last forever!
          Oh they do if you live in England, DFS (a furniture store)has got a sale on all the time
          "Light a fire for someone and he will be warm all day,
          set light to someone and he will be warm for the rest of his life" Sir Samuel Vimes

Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time.

Comment

That's true - the original prices have never been discovered.

PS Samuel Vimes is my hero. Now there's a guy who really knows what's going on.
            Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Quoth gaspode View Post
              Oh they do if you live in England, DFS (a furniture store)has got a sale on all the time
              There's a store in Metro-Detroit (might be national, I know they're based here) called Art Van that does the same thing. Every week or two there's another "lowest price of the year" or "factory closeout" or "we ordered too much" or "semi-annual" or "one day" or "what-the-frick-ever we feel like" sale. Must be something about furniture stores.

Comment

Quoth CrazedClerkthe2nd View Post
                SC: Well screw that, I'll go to Target instead! *stomps off*
                Hope he had fun with that, Target's usually more expensive than everyone else. Heck, the one near here had a copy of Bioshock (the first one) with a nice retail of 49.99 on it. I don't think even Gamestop is pushing it for that much anymore.
                By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

I have always wondered about mattress stores. First of all, who wakes up one morning and says to themselves, "I have a dream! I want to sell mattresses and be the KING of mattress sales!"

Second of all, the sales are endless there, too.

No offense to any mattress king here.
                  Dull women have immaculate homes.

Comment

I would love to see his face when he goes to target and finds the game he wanted at a higher price. It's been my experience as a gamer that 9 times out of 10, department stores like Target, Wal-Mart, etc. will have their video games priced higher than game stores like Gamestop, EB Games, etc. My guess as to why this is is probably because game stores know what the hell their doing since that is all they do is deal with games. I think the department stores could learn a thing or two about game pricing over time. I mean honestly, I'm not going to buy a game that came out 3-5 months ago at full price from department store X when i can go to my local Gamestop and get the same game for less money, with a bigger discount if i get a used copy and scan my Edge card. Just my two cents.

P.S. Anyone who plays ps3, feel free to add me as a friend there. My psn name is the same as my CS name. Sterlingbond.

Comment

Quoth gaspode View Post
                      I had an English teacher in college who once went on a rant about stores who have a SALE sign either PAINTED on to their exterior windows or otherwise permanently anchored to their storefront. He went on about how that so stupid because if a sale is on all the time, it's NOT a sale, it's just normal course of business.
                      "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Over two decades back, I learned in Economics O level (that really dates me...) that the term sale could only be applied to a product that had been at its original price for at least six months, or something like that. I think they rotate which particular models are on sale.

Rapscallion

Comment

Working...
                        X