Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey, let's steal a pair of $1.99 flip-flops.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey, let's steal a pair of $1.99 flip-flops.

This is probably old hat to some of you, but it's new to me. Yes, I'm sheltered.

So, summer (the worst f***ing season of the year) is creeping up on us. Our promotional aisle is now completely decked out with fun summer items. Pool toys, ice chests, sunblocks, and the 21-foot long display of sandals and flip-flops. Joy. People come in and try all of them on and leave them either in a pile or hide in a place that you wouldn't normally find them.

I hate sandals/flip-flops anyways, I wear shoes all year 'round.

So, anyways, let's fast forward to the closing of the store. 10 'o clock. Door closed. Tony smiling.

I go to help my co-worker clean up the promotional summer aisle because that's his aisle and he hates it. We straighten everything up and finally get around to this huge pile of sandals at the bottom of the display.

We begin hanging them back up on their pegs.

Hang.

Hang.

Hang.

Random Dirty Joke.

Hang.

Hang.

We get to the bottom of the pile and discover two pairs of obvious old and worn flip-flops. They probably started out white and now they were almost black. Not far from these disgusting things were two tags of two pairs of new flip-flops. Awesome, two people came in and, when no one was looking, swapped out their old flip-flops with new ones and burying their old ones with all the other new ones, thinking no one will know.

Well, damnit, no one DID know until we saw this mess.

I think we know who did it. About an hour before we closed, two women walked in and were in the promo aisle for quite a bit. I only saw them walk in the aisle from my photo lab and I didn't see them pull the theft. I do remember them wearing flip-flops. Big deal, Tony, everyone's wearing them right now.

My manager told me to inform her if those women come in again, I think I'm fairly certain they did it.
    In the slot machine of life, I am the WILD symbol.

Sometimes I'm amazed by the kinds of things people will steal. Especially when they go through all the trouble of ripping open something that comes in a muilti-pack and just take one. It's not like we don't notice. And if you're going to steal you might as well go all the way.

Comment

Quoth jjllbb View Post
      Sometimes I'm amazed by the kinds of things people will steal. Especially when they go through all the trouble of ripping open something that comes in a muilti-pack and just take one. It's not like we don't notice. And if you're going to steal you might as well go all the way.
      Yes, exactly. I believe it was Irv who posted that someone had taken one suppository or some such.
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I think the most ballsy thing anyone ever stole from my store was gospel CD's. For some reason, I find that totally hilarious.
        Dammit !! ~ Jack Bauer

Comment

Quoth ShootMePlease View Post
          I think the most ballsy thing anyone ever stole from my store was gospel CD's. For some reason, I find that totally hilarious.
          Friend of mine worked in a Christian book shop. Most stolen item? "What Would Jesus Do?" bracelets. Became quite sad once you'd finished laughing at the irony of it all.
          Be Nicer To Retail Workers 2K18, also known as: stop being an incredibly shitty human to people just doing their job.

Comment

What's really lovely is when you're tidying up at the end of the day and find a multi pack of childrens pants or knickers, with one pair taken out, and a pee-soaked pair lying next to the opened pack.
            Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Sometimes people will steal one tampon or one sanitary pad. That I can sort of understand, but for god's sake.

I HATE working the flip flop summer section because it ALWAYS smells like feet. Old, nasty, dirty feet.
              Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Comment

Quoth ralerin View Post
                I HATE working the flip flop summer section because it ALWAYS smells like feet. Old, nasty, dirty feet.
                As in people are trying them on? WHY? What's the point?

Comment

When I worked at the DEB shop, girls were always stealing the clearance 99 cent underwear.

It drove me fracking insane. You could be stealing the underwear that's $5-$10 a pair, but no, you have to steal the stuff that is 99 fucking cents!

That, and the fact that they'd stuff all that underwear into those giant Hollister paper bags and think they wouldn't get caught always made me laugh yet want to bash my head against the wall.
                  You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth Magpie View Post
                    As in people are trying them on? WHY? What's the point?
                    You should always try on any type of shoe. A bad shoe can really screw up your back, hips, and knees. I wore my favorite pair to death. My current pair is pretty nice, though.

^-.-^
                    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                      A bad shoe can really screw up your back, hips, and knees.

^-.-^
                      And a good flip-flop will prevent all those things from happening. [/s]
                      I was not hired to respond to those voices.

Comment

I hate thieves.
                        Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

You should always try on any type of shoe.
                          I can agree with that. Though at the same time, you should be wearing socks to do such. Unfortunately, most flip flop wearers do not wear socks and instead spread God-only-knows to others.

Comment

But making our flip flops smell like FEET (not feet but FEET) because they try them on in bare feet has GOT to be a safety hazard of some sort. Athlete's foot, bleh. *shudder*
                            Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Comment

You should always try on any type of shoe. A bad shoe can really screw up your back, hips, and knees.
                              Yes, gotta love those orthopedic flip flops.
                              Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Working...
                              X