Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First day officially back at the hotel, and already...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First day officially back at the hotel, and already...

So, I should have known this would have happened sooner or later... but dear God I didn't expect it to be this soon.

So at 6:58 I call the guest and tell him that the shuttle is loading (7am shuttle), will he make it on time or does he need to reschedule. He tells me that he can be there in three minutes, can the shuttle wait a minute or two. I say that sure, I can have the shuttle wait two minutes, at 7:04 the shuttle driver radios in saying that she has 6 people on the shuttle already and that she can't wait any longer.
    At 7:05 enter sucky guest.

SC- why the hell did the shuttle leave, you told me that they would wait.
    Me- I said that the shuttle could wait a minute or two, the driver waited 4 minutes.
    SC- well, she should have seen me walking towards the van.
    Me- Did you do anything to indicate that you were trying to get on the shuttle?
    SC- Yes, I was walking from my room.
    Me- Sir, only about 40% of our guests use the shuttle, of those half of them will eat breakfast in the lobby before getting on the shuttle... there is only a 1 in 5 chance that any given person is walking to the shuttle, I can't blame the driver for not wanting to make everyone else in the van wait for a 1 in 5 chance.
    SC- well, you should pay for my missed flight, this is your fault.
    Me- Excuse me? We have it posted that shuttles do not wait, we called you prior to the shuttle leaving, something we aren't required to do, we agreed to have the shuttle wait for a minute or two, which we aren't required to do. You did request a wake-up call, which we did provide. We have done everything we are required to do, so how is this our fault?
    SC- because you didn't have the shuttle van wait.
    Me- why should we make 6 other people late for their flights to get you there on time?
    SC-fine, then I expect you to find a way to get me there on time.
    Me- I'm sorry, but as it is that our shuttle is running and isn't over capacity I will not authorize payment for a taxi and for me to take you to the airport myself would be illegal.
    SC- how is providing customer service illegal?
    Me- for me to take a company vehicle is illegal as I haven't completed a background check to operate a hotel shuttle and for me to take a passenger in my own car rather than a hotel shuttle can be considered attempting to defraud the airport by using an unregistered vehicle to avoid the registration fee.
    SC- This is the worst service I have ever received at a hotel.
    Me- you've clearly never stayed at a Motel 6 then.
    *at this point two guests in the lobby start clapping*
    Me- You failed to get here on time, it is posted that shuttles do not wait, and that is that.
    SC- Give me one of your comment cards, I want to fill one out.
    CW (who just walked in halfway through this)- We don't have comment cards, everything is online through (hotel).com or you can call our 800 customer service number on your receipt.
    Me- would you like our information, here let me write it down for you,
    *I write down my name, the shuttle driver's name, the manager's name, and our hotel number*
    SC- that can't possibly be the shuttle driver's name, your name looks fake too, you all must be lying to me.
    Me- would you like to see my driver's license?
    SC- don't be such a smart ass.
    Me- fine, there is the information, now if you'll excuse me, my shift is over, (coworker) if you'll finish up I'll go fill out my end of shift paperwork.

5 minutes later while I'm walking out to my car and he's pacing the parking lot. Guest sees my bumper sticker
    SC- it would figure that you're a fag
    Me

yeah... we have a winner on the first day.
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
    Me
    *immolates this SC*

Grrr. One less jerk to worry about...*gives Smiley loads of chocolate*
    1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
    -----
    http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Oooh, clearly he had to put on the big panties to come up with that remark. Sorry you had to deal with such asshattery. But welcome back to the hospitality industry!

And am I the only person who thought "Flirting still won't get you a ride!"
      A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post

And am I the only person who thought "Flirting still won't get you a ride!"
        Damn! Why can't I think of the great comebacks I read here when I'm actually in the situation!
        Last edited by Exaspera; 05-11-2010, 02:27 AM. Reason: took something out
        Dull women have immaculate homes.

Comment

being that you were off the clock I think an

"And it figures that you're a bigoted asshole who believes the world revolves around themselves"

would have been well deserved.

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post

Smiley, i think you handled them brilliantly, seems all the other guests thought so too. Just a shame you can't come back with somehting like
            "Yes and it would figure that you're a bigoted, self-entitled fuckwit."
            Be Nicer To Retail Workers 2K18, also known as: stop being an incredibly shitty human to people just doing their job.

Comment

Where can i get one of those "I'm a fag" bumper stickers?
              "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

What an asshat. And Exaspera, I totally agree with you. Unfortunately, I'm just not that eloquent.
                Sucky Customers- Have the ability to convert non-drinkers into raging alcoholics in one phone call or less.

Comment

well, if he does complain, you have a valid complaint against him yourself; the 'fag' comment was waaay out of line (and not very original). instead of riding on the shuttle, he should be standing in front as it barrels on down at him.
                  look! it's ghengis khan!
                  Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Quoth chainedbarista View Post
                    well, if he does complain, you have a valid complaint against him yourself; the 'fag' comment was waaay out of line (and not very original). instead of riding on the shuttle, he should be standing in front as it barrels on down at him.
                    No, that's when you take him up for having poor insulting ability.

EXAMPLE:
                    "Wait, THAT'S the best insult you got? What, did you not pass eighth grade? Get in your car, go buy a Dennis Miller or Dennis Leary comedy album, and LEARN how to deliver a decent insult you miserable, festering, excuse for a vaginal excretion!"
                    The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                    "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                    Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Working...
                    X