Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some newish pet peeves...and some pwnage!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some newish pet peeves...and some pwnage!

The pwnage has yet to happen....but it is guaranteed. In the meantime...

Voice

If you start speaking to me like I'm 5, I'll start up a conversation about politics. Or religion. Or immigration. Topics that are normally taboo for me to discuss. Reason why? I am officially sick of being spoken to like a 5-year-old. So from here on out, I'll simply talk to you about topics that a so-called "stupid checkout chick" wouldn't know about.

take it up with your bank people!

So we've had a systems change in abuot the past couple of months or so. My manager was nice enough to give me the day off for WHEN the change began, but that's beside the point. Anyway, I can't give away too much, except that if affects our EFTPOS system and the way people process their cards. And the suck has been unbelievable.

When I got home that night, I did up a table of all the banks and showing which banks are hit harder by the change and which ones aren't. For some reason however, the general public seems to be taking their frustrations out on US, instead of their banks. One idiot even had the gall to say that we were working WITH the banks to rip the general public off. Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's illegal...idiot.

Food on the shelves...

Like most companies, we have a bin for stuff that's been marked as stolen and stuff that's been marked as damaged. A stolen item might be something like a pack of nappies with three nappies missing.

This is a rough line of stuff from Easter until now that's been stolen:

-A Lindt bunny somehow wound up in the stolen bin.
    -Someone took a gigantic bite out of a mars bar and left it on the shelf. Yeah, I'm not making that one up. (I was the one who had to find it)
    -A 3-pack of chocolates with 2 bars missing (we sell the individual bars as well...)
    -A 6-pack of museli bars with 3 bars missing.
    -3 empty cartons of flavoured milk.
    -An easter gift pack with the egg still inside, but missing the chocolates around it.

The expected pwnage

I think I've mentioned in my previous threads about the couple who come in and abuse our petrol voucher system because "they buy fuel every day."

Well I wound up talking to both the store manager AND my manager. They've both told me to point them out next time they come in so they can have a little talk. I've also passed on the message to all staff that if they see them, they are not to abuse it and I WILL be watching.
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

I'm sorry you're having such a hard time.
    Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Thanks kristev. this is just more me blowing off steam really. The stolen stuff I noticed as I typed it all seemed to fall under a common category . I'm waiting to find a naked Mars Bar at some point.

As for the petrol couple, I had one lady come through last night, bitch at me as to why we couldn't do it, my manager actually lied to her to explain why we couldn't do it! Then she got huffy because according to the most recent change to our EFT systems, it won't take her card. Had my manager not been there, I would've told her that more than half of the cards that were affected by the system work perfectly and customers are not getting charged.

Oddly enough, I've only noticed maybe 5 customers total walk out on me during my shifts. Most out of habit hover over the wrong button before they realise and change it, but since their bank doesn't charge them, they don't care. and for some odd reason, it always seems to be the older customers....
      The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Working...
      X