X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whiskey drinks at home; does not endanger small children

Dear Parents,
    There are a couple things that bothered me before I noticed your utter failure as people.

1. Your (what looked like) three year old daughter is up at 1AM while you get some munchies.
    2. She's not strapped into her car seat, merely sitting in it.
    3. You just gave her a soda. At 1AM.

But whatever, I'm not the parent police, I don't have kids and probably never will. I'm sure theres a very good reason to give your three year old a coke at one in the morning.

However, when I see Dad with an open container (alcohol) in the passenger seat, I will call the police immediately. He wasn't driving, but I don't know if Mommy has been sipping too. I hope you got put in jail, or at least investigated by CPS, you horrible people.

Dear Who Ever Called Corporate,
    Thank you for that 1 out of 5 stars. I really appreciate your input. How dare our employees "look tired." I'm glad we were so absolutely exhausted and raggedy looking you had to call corporate and make that your only complaint.

S my proverbial D,
    Whiskey <3

Can i put awesome amazing news here? I've been harrassed by a coworker relentlessly for weeks. Finally my AM seperated our shifts completely (which is hard, we're both grave). After weeks of him telling everyone I suck at my job horribly, and if it wasnt for him our speed would be ~~ridiculously high~~, I got my first shift without him and the beginning of dbag free work environment.

Speed was at 83% when I walked into work today. It supposed to be 30%, maximum, which is doable. In 4 1/2 hours, when I clocked out, we got it down 61%, to a speed of service of 22%. My TL didn't even think we'd make the 30% max, let alone go under it.

Suck it!

edit: BONUS SUCK!

Lady comes through, orders 3 hamburgers, 3 chicken sandwiches, etc. I park her outside and when its up, i bag it and take it out. The grill (my TL, at that moment) stickered the chicken sandwiches so they were able to tell them apart (because "chicken sandwich" and "Hamburger" are not obvious enough). I take it out to her, apologize with my saddest eyes about the wait, and she asks if i need to be prayed for.

What?

Whatever, I'm not starting anything so I say sure!. She asks what. ...what? Uh. "Pray for this rush to be over." she says she will and off she goes. Whatever, religious nuts, I'm sure it was a friendly gesture or she considers me a dirty heathen. Couldn't care less either way. Five seconds later shes in drive thru.

"You forgot one of my chicken sandwiches!!!"

We're in a rush, its almost gone, my TL gives it to her and looks at me.

Me: No i didnt. Six sandwiches in that bag, three stickers, three no stickers.
    Her: I know, I put six up, they're all gone.

My TL deals with her at the window and I take out her "forgotten" chicken sandwich. She asks if I got in a bunch of trouble because my TL "looks so mean." I told her I didnt, apologized for "forgetting" her food. She said she'd pray for my TL too, since she's so mean.

Uhh.

Alright. I got scammed by a woman who's praying for me. I don't really think she's in the best standing with Jesus so I'm not going to hold out hope for that 2010 cherry red Porsche.

edit2: damn it, theres more.

Okay, so its a bit dead, we're in a lull for a bit and a Hip Hop Grandpa comes in. Seriously. The guy was like 65-70, wearing an oversized hoodie with our area code imprinted on it, baggy jeans, and dark glasses. He came up all "yo" and "wassup", etc. My TL looked at me and told me "I'm not dealing with him. You do it. I'm serious."

Okay, so, if my TL is talking to me like that (not rude, just UGH NOT HIM) then I know dude is trouble. It breaks down something like this:

Me: Hi, What can i get you
    Him: What do you have here *hand gestures*
    Me: Its all on the board behind me *points*
    Him: Yeah but i'm retarded! I'm waiting for the short bus! Ha!! (for the record, he didnt seem as such, and he certainly didnt wait for a bus)
    Me: Well, you can point to the tastiest picture.
    Him: Youre not the normal girl, are you new?
    Me: Yeap
    Him: Oh man, you're mean I don't want to deal with you
    Me: Oh, okay.

and I walked off. A minute later he leaves once he realizes no ones going to put up with him. I don't even think this gets across the.. weirdness. I wish I thought to grab my phone and take a picture. It was like he was trying his hardest to be "hood", but was still a 70 year old white man. Maybe he did have a mental defect.
    Last edited by Whiskey; 05-11-2010, 07:13 AM.
    Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

The last guy didn't necessarily have a mental handicap. He could just have been illiterate. A lot of people who can't read will joke or otherwise cover for the fact that they can't.

Comment

Yeah, but even if he couldn't read, he could still "point to the tastiest picture," as Whiskey so eloquently put it.

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
        Yeah, but even if he couldn't read, he could still "point to the tastiest picture," as Whiskey so eloquently put it.
        True. I was getting very confused as to what happened. I must have made the mistake of expecting it to make sense.

Comment

Quoth Magpie View Post
          True. I was getting very confused as to what happened. I must have made the mistake of expecting it to make sense.
          Im still confused as to what happened, so don't feel bad. The guy just seemed like an utter dbag, not someone with a disability like illiteracy. Apparently he's horrible enough to make my sup refuse to serve him. I'll get stories out of her about him. He just seemed like he wanted to get a rise out of someone and he didn't get it so he left.

Counterpoint: My non-english speaking customers are the nicest, most patient people. They get through the ordering process without calling me "dog"
          Last edited by Whiskey; 05-11-2010, 04:25 PM.
          Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

Quoth Whiskey View Post
            They get through the ordering process without calling me "dog"
            Ah, but he didn't call you "dog." He called you, "dawg." Don't you know the difference?

^-.-^
            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
            X