This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reality, it's optional now.

BG: I work at a gas station. It's lovely. Anyways, there are over 60 stores in this chain and each store has its own little quirks.

Taken Care Of...

This story is from a few days back before I came back but the lady called in today. She got a kids meal which comes with a drink. She attempted to scam our store into giving her more rewards points by paying for everything and then demanding a refund on the DRINK of the kids meal and replacing it with a refill, which is 20 cents more. (At least this is how I understand it.) This would give her more rewards points because we would have to take the drink off under something else than refunding the points too. Well, we're not allowed to do that.

She threw a BITCHFIT. She started screaming that the store in (another town 30 minutes away) lets her do it all the time. Now this chick had a 'tude. Like nobody else. So my coworker A gave her one right back, and my coworker M actually told her "We're not in (town) are we?"

She called back today, she wanted my Awesome Manager to "take care" of this "issue." He pretty much told her to go pound sand. I consider that pretty well taken care of.

NOT THE SAME!!!ELEVENTY!!!11!!!

The cigarettes have to change their packaging by a certain date so they no longer say the word "light" or "ultra light" on them. Makes sense because "light" does not equal "better for you." This conversation is priceless:

SC: I want the Basic Menthol Ultra Light in a box, please.
    Me: (gets)
    SC: Those aren't it.
    Me: You wanted the Basic Menthol Ultra Lights right? Did you want the 100s?
    SC: No, the box says "Ultra Light" on it.
    Me: Not anymore, they're the "Silvers" now.
    SC: They're not the same cigarettes.
    Me: All they changed was the word. The color and everything else about the box is the same.
    SC: THEY tell you that, but those are NOT the same cigarettes, I want the ULTRA LIGHTS.
    Me: ... Do you want the 100s? They still say Ultra Light on them, 'cause they're the old ones.
    SC: NO! I WANT THE ULTRA LIGHTS!
    Me: Sorry. Too bad. Silvers or nothing.
    SC: Fine, you know what, give me one pack, whatever.

I stared at him like he was stupid, I think that's what made him buy one. Hah. It just happens, I can't control my face.

I Know Where it is, and if I Could I'd Tell you Where You can PUT it too...

Me: Will you need a receipt?
    SC: No (FULL BLOWN "NO" NOT EVEN A "NAH")
    Me: Here you go.
    SC: ... (staring at me)
    Me: ... (staring back)
    SC: (like I'm stupid) WHERE IS MY RECEIPT?!
    Me:

Quoth Gaki View Post
    Wow... that's just... wow. Huh? My mind is blown. WTF is with some people?
    !
    "For truth is always strange; stranger than fiction." -- Lord Byron

Comment

Quoth Gaki View Post

Me:
      You have encountered a case of he "isnt FUC*ING LISTENING*. Its common in these SC types.

Comment

Quoth Gaki View Post
        ...SC: (like I'm stupid) WHERE IS MY RECEIPT?!
        Me:
        Possibly up your ass, just past your thumb.
        "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
          Possibly up your ass, just past your thumbhead.
          Edited for truthiness.
          Any day you're looking down at the dirt instead of up at the dirt is a good day.

Comment

I work 3rd shift as a cashier/supervisor/stocker (cleaning and stocking the front end), but since I come in at 9:30 I often end up working at the Service Desk. Our company had eliminated the 3rd shift greeter position last year so people are used to not having to show their receipt at the door.

Well, this brings up a couple of interesting situations, considering that they have now restored our greeter 4 nights a week. Our greeter is a stickler for checking receipts, esp when the EAS alarm goes off. I can't count the number of times in the past few months that I have completed a transaction and started to hand the customer the receipt.

"I don't need that, you can just throw it away"
            "Well, you might want to hang onto it...our greeter will check your receipt at the door"
            "Nah, throw it away"
            Customer goes to the door, Sam asks for receipt, which (surprise surprise) is sitting in my trash can under my register. So customer comes back asking for receipt. I got so tired of digging out receipts that I just lay it on top of the register until the customer leaves.
            Then there are the customers who buy something, pitch the receipt and come back into the store the next day to return or exchange the item. No receipt, no can do. They claim that the cashier didn't give them their receipt..whereupon I inform them that I was that cashier and I most certainly did hand them their receipt..but they threw it in the trash can before reaching the door.

Comment

And here I thought I was the only one who uses the term "go pound sand" hehehe
              Getting offended is a great way to avoid answering questions that make you sound dumb. - exmocaptainmoroni

Comment

The cigarette thing...Oy! Luckily, I haven't had any react like that yet, but I've seen it before when the packaging changes or whatever. With the new light/gold, ultra light/silver name change, I find that making a joke of it seems to work well. If the customer seems like he/she is confused or whatever about it, I say something like "Yeah, they had to change the packaging, because, you know, they wouldn't want you to think cigarettes are actually healthy or something!" Usually makes them crack a smile, understand what's going on, and buy their smokes. Of course, the real "die hards" are always going to pitch a fit. Not much you can do about that!
                "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

Quoth Gaki View Post

NOT THE SAME!!!ELEVENTY!!!11!!!

The cigarettes have to change their packaging by a certain date so they no longer say the word "light" or "ultra light" on them. Makes sense because "light" does not equal "better for you." This conversation is priceless:

SC: I want the Basic Menthol Ultra Light in a box, please.
                  Me: (gets)
                  SC: Those aren't it.
                  Me: You wanted the Basic Menthol Ultra Lights right? Did you want the 100s?
                  SC: No, the box says "Ultra Light" on it.
                  Me: Not anymore, they're the "Silvers" now.
                  SC: They're not the same cigarettes.
                  Me: All they changed was the word. The color and everything else about the box is the same.
                  SC: THEY tell you that, but those are NOT the same cigarettes, I want the ULTRA LIGHTS.
                  Me: ... Do you want the 100s? They still say Ultra Light on them, 'cause they're the old ones.
                  SC: NO! I WANT THE ULTRA LIGHTS!
                  Me: Sorry. Too bad. Silvers or nothing.
                  SC: Fine, you know what, give me one pack, whatever.

I stared at him like he was stupid, I think that's what made him buy one. Hah. It just happens, I can't control my face.
                  A lot of Cigs have done the change to calling them by colors. Paul Mall, Camel, etc. It's annoying when people act like this. Reminds me of when gum recently changed to those slim packs, and I had a guy demand we stock to old style packages. Even though we kept telling him to take it up with the manufacture not us, we don't control how they design their packaging. His response to that? "Bull sh**".

Me:
                  I have had this happen before. Some people just don't listen....

Comment

gaki,
                    I feel your pain. The only one you missed from the other night for me was the fact I can not sell machine lottery tickets till the manager comes in at 6am. Well technically I can but I'm not supposed to turn the machine on, because I'm running a different business day that ends as soon as they come in and open their drawer to start a new one. So I plead incompetence and just say I'm not allowed which is true rather than explain the finer workings of business reports and the fact the lottery commission signs the machine off at midnight.

Sidenote I HATE CAMEL!!!!!!
                    Menthol Light = Menthol Silver
                    Wide Menthol Light = Menthol Green, personally this one really annoying since regular menthol is a green box too,

Why can't they call in line with the other companies. Light = Gold, Blue, Ultra Light = Silver/white
                    I'm sorry reading is not a new concept it has been widely taught in our nation for at least the past 100 years. Please, learn to do it CORRECTLY before you become contagious.

Comment

Working...
                    X