This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just what you always want to see before you start work

I was walking into the pub, and was heading towards the bar so I could go out the back to get changed, when all of a sudden, I heard:

SC: WHEN AM I GETTING MY REFUND YOU USELESS LITTLE WITCH!?!?!

I look, and I see a lady (the SC) following a co-worker across the pub. CW looks extremelly stressed and fed up.

CW: I will get your refund when you speak to me with some respect!
    SC: DON'T YOU TALK TO ME ABOUT RESPECT! I WANT MY REFUND!

CW walked behind the bar, processed the refund and handed her the money, very quickly.

CW: There's your refund! Feel free to leave at any time!
    SC: Your attitude is terrible! You need to improve it!
    CW: I am just talking to you the exact same manner you have! It's not very nice is it?
    SC: Well, I never!

The SC stormed out, talking her husband with her.

CW: I'm going to a cigarette!

I followed her out the back. CW is normally the sweetest thing with customers, so to walk in to her yelling at a customer was very out of character. I found out what happened.

The SC believed her fish was overcooked. It was not, but none the less, CW offered her a replacement meal. This, for some reason offended the SC. CW offered her a free dessert. This offended her even more. CW offered her a refund. The SC still didn't accept this, and went into a full scale rant about what an evil person CW was, and how she was keeping the overcooked fish to send to the police just in case she got food poisoning.

CW walked away from her. The SC followed, still ranting and raving, and then decided she would take the refund afterall, while calling CW names like "witch" and "tart".

CW was not impressed, and began to lose it with the SC.

That's a nice omen. Before you have even started work, you witness an SC going psycho.

she was keeping the overcooked fish to send to the police just in case she got food poisoning.
    Huh? It it was overcooked I don't think the OP needs to worry about food poisoning.

Comment

Quoth mattm04 View Post
      Huh? It it was overcooked I don't think the OP needs to worry about food poisoning.
      I know. That's what made the complaint even more baffling.

Comment

Well she now has free fish

Comment

Seeing as your pub gives you some liberties with how to talk to jerks...erm customers, I'm surprised CW didn't renege on the refund and kick sourpuss to the curb. I know I would've. I'm vindictive like that.
          A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
            Seeing as your pub gives you some liberties with how to talk to jerks...erm customers, I'm surprised CW didn't renege on the refund and kick sourpuss to the curb. I know I would've. I'm vindictive like that.
            That with a side of abject humiliation. I may seem sweet but once you cross me...I'm one eeeevil chick!
            I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
            Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
            Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth customersruinmylife View Post
              I know. That's what made the complaint even more baffling.

As I think the LOGICAL people to bitch to about food poisoning would be HEALTH DEPARTMENT. So, strike 1, undercooking, strike 2, intending to go to police.

Im starting to feel the need to pray more often, and in this case it is for karma to find this woman. I'm sorry but the police honestly should have ability to taze/beat people this dumb if they arrive to file a report because I'm sure she won't be nice while doing it she will more than likely DEMAND they go and arrest your CW, who I'm assuming had nothing to do with making the food outside of putting the order in.

Although, Im not a lawyer but I have played on on TV and the way I see if she did have any legal recourse from bad food as her money was refunded, she didn't actually have to pay for anything she just took free food of her own will, she really has no right to complain in my court of karma.
              I'm sorry reading is not a new concept it has been widely taught in our nation for at least the past 100 years. Please, learn to do it CORRECTLY before you become contagious.

Comment

"Police! Arrest that bad fishy!"
                Dull women have immaculate homes.

Comment

Sorry, that didn't work with Jaws and it won't work with her fish, either.
                  Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Quoth Exaspera View Post
                    "Police! Arrest that bad fishy!"

I can see the riot squad entering the bar, grabbing the offending piece of fish....slapping the cuffs on it (how?) and then taking it out and wrestling with it like Chief Wiggum does with the pizza
                    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth dougall View Post
                      Well she now has free fish
                      Maybe she wanted some taco shells too?

Excuse me while I duck and run away now.
                      How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

Quoth mattm04 View Post
                        You can't undercook fish... thus, sushi...
                        You can, however, get tainted fish (mercury, usually...) but I doubt cooking gets rid of mercury...
                        "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Working...
                        X