Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Picky Pretzel Eaters... How I hate them!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Picky Pretzel Eaters... How I hate them!

Yesterday in concession I had a lady and her daughter come up and buy a pretzel. After I had made one for her (actually her daughter), she gives me a smile and says I'm going to hate her. She tells me I put too much butter on the pretzel. And yes, I absolutely hate having to do orders twice. This stupid moron could've told me that she didn't want too much butter on her dam pretzel. On top of that, the pretzels were sort of breaking apart (they are soft pretzels) and I was having a bit of trouble putting them in a pretzel bag.
    So I go and make her another pretzel and this one breaks too. 1 tiny little piece falls on the counter, and she gives me another smile and says that it fell on the counter, and I point out to her that its in a pretzel bag and only 1 piece fell on the counter. No doubt she was about to ask me to make another pretzel, the last one in the holder. At this point I did not have a smile on my face and I had to turn away. Well, this is where she made her mistake, because she probably could've asked me to make another pretzel, but she didn't, and instead she went to her movie and mumbled something, and no this time she wasn't smiling, therefore she technically has no right to complain to management. At this point I didn't give a dam. Maybe I did not provide excellent customer service, according to her standards, but I should not have to make her stupid order 3 times. Her problem was that she was just too dam picky. I can just imagine how she must be when she goes out to a restaraunt.
    I absolutely hate picky people. This is not a fucking restaraunt and I am not a chef who is here to cook your food a special way. She got what was coming to her in my opinion, and I am 100% positive she won't get food poisoning from the pretzel, but here's hoping the stupid bitch gets it anyway for being a sucky customer. We never would've had this problem had she told me the first time, "Please do not put too much butter on the pretzel", but we know how stupid customers are.
    As for the counters, we keep them clean, and I personally would've not said anything, especially after having the poor movie theatre employee who makes only minimum wage, make another pretzel. Our counters are clean, and I seriously for some crazy reason have never seen so much as a fly on our counters. So this is for all you pretzel eaters (the ones who happen to be sucky customers that is) Take your dam pretzel and shut up!
    And yeah, I kinda figured she felt she was in the wrong later, because she did not complain. But she did wait til the end of her movie to get a refund. And she wasn't even woman enough to come up to my stand. Probably best, as I didn't feel like dealing with her again.
    She was seeing Shrek Forever After. Maybe she felt she was eating something disgusting that an Ogre might eat? Just because 1 small piece fell on the counter? By the way, did I mention that I HATE PICKY PRETZEL EATERS?!
    Last edited by BowserKoopa1; 05-25-2010, 03:14 PM.

A pox on picky pretzel patrons...PERIOD

"All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Aww! I'm sorry people are gimp. LOL You were so nice to make the order twice and if people spoke up first, you're right, there wouldn't have been an issue.

Comment

Of all the things to get your undies in a twist over...

I'll bet you were ready to asalt her.
        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth BowserKoopa1 View Post
          I HATE PICKY PRETZEL EATERS?!
          Three pretzels, extra butter and salt, and two with mustard for Mum, please. I love soft pretzels.
          Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

The cones we have at work have a paper collar that extends far enough down that when we place them on a surface, only the paper touches. The whole point of the paper collar is that nothing touches the food that is unsanitary.

I've had people tell me to make new cones because theirs touched our countertops.

Don't eat paper, people, it kills brain cells.

Comment

So wait, she went into the movie, ate the pretzel and then came out after the movie was over to get a refund?

Porky, picky, pompous pretzel person! *Grrr*
              Dull women have immaculate homes.

Comment

When I'm able to get a pretzel, which is generally only on payday, I always tell them "No salt, please." But since I write orders down when I go to restaurants, they usually know what I want before it's been ordered.
                Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

It was a one-eyed, one-horned, flying picky pretzel eater,
                  One eyed, one-horned, flying picky pretzel eater,
                  She wears short-shorts, evil picky pretzel eater,
                  An ugly sight to see...
                  The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Whenever I get a soft pretzel. I make sure to get it with NOTHING on it. No butter, no salt, no cinnamon, no nothing...lol.

Comment

Quoth Exaspera View Post
                      So wait, she went into the movie, ate the pretzel and then came out after the movie was over to get a refund?

Porky, picky, pompous pretzel person! *Grrr*
                      No she did return it, but I did not see her because the manager came out of nowhere and asked me if I had called someone to do a refund, which obviously I didn't.
                      I don't mind (much) making their food a certain way, such as when a customer asks me to layer their popcorn (its self serve butter). Of course I'd have people forget to ask until I've already given them their popcorn.
                      Oh, and I just love (I'm being sarcastic, I actually mean "hate") when customers give me that pleasant smile and say "You're going to hate me, but...." Yes I do hate you, I hate being in the concession stand all by myself and having to constantly put up with long lines. I hate when people ask for extra ice or no ice in their soda. I hate when they ask how fresh the popcorn is. I hate when they ask for the pickle at the bottom of the bucket (this never happened to me but to 1 of my friends about 10 years back and if they did ask for that I would tell them no), I hate when they take 5 minutes to make up their minds for food. And I especially hate when some health nut comes up and asks what we put in our food? I don't give a fuck, and if you can't eat certain foods, it certainly ain't my responsibility to make sure you don't eat them.
                      Yes I'm ranting, sorry. That's how mad she made me yesterday, and I would definitely prefer to work usher, where we barely have to say anything to customers.
                      For those of you who I just know are gonna say it sounds like I hate my job, its really not that bad most of the time. And yeah, since I am only making minimum wage, I am searching for a replacement job, or a 2nd job.
                      And for all you picky eaters out there, (sucky customers anyway) I hope you do eat our food and your guts out!
                      Last edited by BowserKoopa1; 05-26-2010, 04:21 PM.

Comment

So basically, you hate your job, if I understand you correctly....

Your disclaimer in the last paragraph aside, that's exactly what's coming through in your message.

I always ask for no ice in my soft drinks because a) I don't like them watered down after a while and b) they're usually plenty cold enough without it and c) I just don't like ice, dammit. So yeah, you'd hate me.

And you'd be just as pissed off if I went to your boss after I got sick to say that I wasn't told there was peanut or coconut oil in the food, so why is it a bad thing to ask? If I have food allergies, I'm damn well going to ask before buying something that could potentially kill me.

Sorry, yes the customer was a smarmy cow, and I can understand your frustration, but you're painting everyone with the same brush where some of us do have legitimate requests and concerns.
                        GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Great. Now I'm craving popcorn.

Comment

I'm not trying to paint everyone with the same brush. But let's just say that there are a few customers out there who know how to push your buttons. There are quite a few customers out there who get their kicks by making employees mad, seeing how far they can push them before the employee starts to get irritated, and that's what it felt like this lady was doing.
                            If I said anything to offend anyone, I apologize. But I come here to vent like everyone else, that's all. I'm not trying to put a label on anyone or anything I swear.

Comment

Understood, and I apologize for generalizing your statements
                              GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Working...
                              X