X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh joy, Oh joy Christmas is over!!

Season of goodwill to all men my butt!

A few little anecdotes from Christmas eve.

SC1: I want a discount on that TV.
    Me: Why?
    SC1: It's the last one on the shelf.
    Me: It may be the last one on the shelf but there's a whole bunch in the warehouse Sir, and even if it was the last one...the price is the price I'm afraid.
    SC1: I don't want it then........
    Me: OK

SC2: What time do you close?
    Me: 6pm
    SC2: What! I can't believe you aren't open late, I have shopping to do, I won't be finished on time, what am I going to do yadda yadda yadda
    (BTW this was at just after 4.)
    Me: Sunday trading laws in this country forbid us from opening any later, you have a good Christmas now BYE BYE.

altogether now.....a lack of planning on your part......

SC3: Why are there no turkey's left?
    Me: It's Christmas eve and we've sold out (and we close in 15 minutes!)
    SC3: Well that's just wonderful, what am I going to do now, this has ruined Christmas for me yadda yadda yadda
    Me: under breath .....altogether now.....a lack of planning on your part......

So at 6 I do the closing call and since every checkout had a cashier on, 21 people plus floor staff and the managers burst into spontaneous (sp??) applause! It was really funny to see the customers looks of bewilderment! And so to SC4

SC4: Why are the staff cheering...what is going on
    Me: I think they are happy that the store is closing, we are going home to our families, it being Christmas eve and everything, plus it's been really busy these past few weeks and I'm sure they are looking forward to the break...
    SC4: Aren't you open tomorrow
    Me: No! nor boxing day
    SC4: God almighty, why aren't you open tomorrow, what if I need something? Huh? Well? What if I need something?
    Me: Madam, with the greatest respect...(i.e. none at all you ignorant old coot) standing before you is a person, one who has worked 70 hours this week. I have a husband and two children I have barely seen this week apart from in the state of sleep and I still found time to do my shopping, wrap my presents and stock up for the whole two days the shops are closed.....if I find that I don't have something tomorrow then I'll do without, now if you don't mind you are virtually the last person in the store, and we would all like to go home, thank you.

really loudly this time people, I don't think the SC's in the cheap seats heard us the first time...

altogether now.....a lack of planning on your part......

Quoth shelly2jn View Post
    SC4: God almighty, why aren't you open tomorrow, what if I need something? Huh? Well? What if I need something?
    ME: Well, just a moment, ma'am, I don't think we have taken you into consideration. I'll tell you what, just for YOU -that's right - for YOU and nobody else - we will be open - heck, we won't even close - we'll stay opened, ready and waiting for the next 24, no wait, make that 48 hours in case YOU need something! Thank God for bringing YOU to our attention!
    "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

And yet these people would possibly be the first ones stocking up on necessities the first time the weather forecast calls for snow somewhere 1500 miles away.
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth friendofjimmyk View Post
        ME: Well, just a moment, ma'am, I don't think we have taken you into consideration. I'll tell you what, just for YOU -that's right - for YOU and nobody else - we will be open - heck, we won't even close - we'll stay opened, ready and waiting for the next 24, no wait, make that 48 hours in case YOU need something! Thank God for bringing YOU to our attention!
        Ohhh, better not do that. They might miss the sarcasm and think you're telling them the truth.
        I AM the evil bastard!
        A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Working...
        X