This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth blas View Post
    Thank you for that tidbit. Every invitation I have had to weddings/baby showers in the past couple of years have included the registries or wish lists.
    I will take the blame for the derailment, I'm sorry. I was compelled to inject that. But those senders are wrong.

Back on topic: Folks who make it my fault fault for their poor planning get no sympathy from me.

Why is it that when people are late, in a bad mood, are in discomfort in any way take it out on the one innocent? Is it a problem in their home? They can't dish it out to someone who's there and then take it out on everybody else?

Did I just answer my own question?
    Last edited by Exaspera; 05-27-2010, 06:03 PM. Reason: grammar
    Dull women have immaculate homes.

Comment

Pretty much nailed it on the head.

When I'm in a hurry, sure I get mad about red lights or things that get in the way, but whose fault is it really that I'm running late? My own.

And I never ever make pit stops when I'm already running late. Why try to make it someone else's problem or ruin someone's day because I'm an idiot today?
      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

I too apologize for the derailment.

Hurried people always seem to be the ones with the biggest orders too. They'll come through and need 150 of -----, then get huffy that we don't just grab it for them.

Well if we need a forklift and it's busy, or we're in the middle of something, etc.

The worst however are "hurry up and wait" the ones who NEED IT RIGHT NOW, IT WOULD HAVE BEEN LATE YESTERDAY!!!!!!!!!!

You get them what they need, and then wait, wait, wait, wait for further instructions only to be told "Oh, we're not doing anything till July (and it's November)

Comment

I had a woman last night who, from the minute she walked into the store, until I did her return, and she walked out, could not tear her phone away from her ear! We have to ask customers for their info for returns, and i just kept interrupting her for it. Heh. She still didn't get the message.

One of my cw's said she had a woman the other day with a LOT of stuff to return, who told her to hurry up, as she was in a hurry, and her husband was in teh car and not feeling well! My CW said, I'll do my best....and then promptly slowed down

Comment

I got a "flown over the Capitol" flag to put into one of those triangular flag boxes one time. They needed it NOW. I told them that I would have it by the date needed as I was leaving town for awhile. I left numbers to call, people to contact, where it would be, etc.

I gave it to a friend of mine who knew people who knew people and got the flag folded by the same military group that does it for military graveside burials, the white gloves, the works. I sanded and painted the flag box to match the black frame I made for the accompanying Congressional letter.

I left town. When I returned it was still there! I called the school that left it. They didn't need it anymore!!!!!

I now have a military folded Capitol-flown flag complete with framed Congressional letter in my guest room.
            Dull women have immaculate homes.

Comment

I've actually had guests demand that you help them out of turn and that refuse to get off their cell phones. Makes you wanna whack them with something to get their attention so you can finish your job, or better yet, not help them at all!

Comment

If, however, someone is polite and asks if I would please try to hurry (note the "please" and the "try"), I will make every effort to speed them along. Treating me like I was scraped off your shoe? Not so much.
                A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Oh geez, I got this a few times at one department store where I used to work. The people who worked in the office building down the street would come in on their one-hour lunch breaks to shop, and waited until the last minute to get in line. My store was notorious for being understaffed and busy all the time, these people knew better. But still they'd say, "I'm in a hurry, I have to get back to work". I normally work very quickly, but in these cases, I went against my nature and slowed down.
                  Steven Slater ROCKS! So does James Jones!

The world is an asshole contest...and EVERYONE'S A WINNER!

Comment

Working...
                  X