This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rape, war, genocide, hatred....

and apparently none of those horrible things can match the alleged insanity of our product placement.

Older woman comes up to me yesterday, asks me snottily where the lip balm is. So I show her.

"WHAT!? You mean you don't keep the lip balm by the suntan lotion? THAT'S NUTS! Why don't you keep the lip balm by the suntan lotion? Would that have made to much sense to you people? Absolutely insane."

And then after selecting her lip balm, she complains to the cashier about the lip balm not being with the suntan lotion, or so I'm told.

I love a good -a-thon early in the morning.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

It could be with makeup, it could be with suntan crap, it could be on an end cap by itself, or it could be by the register. in a pinch, I have even seen the same several displays in all of the above at the same time in the same store.
    EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Obviously, just for her, it should be by the Preparation-H.
      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
        Or by the Fukitol.

Comment

She'd love us....we have lip balm spread between two sections:

-The Lip Smackers and other kiddie lip balms are put with the makeup.
          -The actual Nivea, Cocoa Butter, Chapstick lip balms are put with the skin care.
          The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post

that made my morning, lol
            there's some people with issues that medication, therapy or a baseball bat just can't cure

Comment

I'd've probably given her the 800 number for corporate and told her to talk to the planogram department; they probably wouldn't listen to her, but at least she'd be talking to the people who make those decisions, rather than someone who has beggar-all to do with it.

(I sometimes wondered about those myself. When I worked at the Chain of Verylarge Stores, I grumbled many times about the stupidity of putting the back pain stuff (Ben-Gay etc.) all the way on the bottom shelf, exactly where someone with back problems can't reach it without having to bend in ways they're unable to. Sometimes people just don't think.)

Comment

I learned a long time ago that some products are rarely placed where it makes sense to normal people. Take for instance the Tide-to-Go pens. At my local Smiley Face Empire, they are with the impulse items at the checkout and not in the laundry aisle. They also have canning supplies in the seasonal aisle along with pool supplies. I distinctly remember canning stuff being in housewares with the Tupperware and other storage items.
                I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

I always thought that the Midol should go right next to the feminine products!!!!!

WHY DID THAT NOT HAPPEN!!!!!!!
                  Dull women have immaculate homes.

Comment

Quoth Shalom View Post
                    ... I grumbled many times about the stupidity of putting the back pain stuff (Ben-Gay etc.) all the way on the bottom shelf...
                    Ow! my back just spasmed from reading that...

I'm afraid I'd end up being a sucky customer in that shop as i'd have to ask the staff to get it for me (and I'm unfortunately a bit narky when my backs playing up)
                    "You can only try so hard to look like you are working before actually doing your work seems easy in comparison" -My Boss

CW: So what exactly do you do in retentions?
                    Me: ummm, I ....retent stuff?

Comment

Quoth Exaspera View Post
                      For the simple reason that if it makes sense, it's not allowed.
                      Unseen but seeing
                      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                      3rd shift needs love, too
                      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

We have some lip balm in with the lotions but most of ours is between the cough drops and allergy medicine.
                        I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

Comment

Quoth fireheart17 View Post
                          She'd love us....we have lip balm spread between two sections:

-The Lip Smackers and other kiddie lip balms are put with the makeup.
                          -The actual Nivea, Cocoa Butter, Chapstick lip balms are put with the skin care.
                          We have the same setup at the swamp, more or less. Lip Smackers go by the makeup, all the other lip balm is on a back endstand several aisles down.
                          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth jedimaster91 View Post
                            I learned a long time ago that some products are rarely placed where it makes sense to normal people. Take for instance the Tide-to-Go pens. At my local Smiley Face Empire, they are with the impulse items at the checkout and not in the laundry aisle. They also have canning supplies in the seasonal aisle along with pool supplies. I distinctly remember canning stuff being in housewares with the Tupperware and other storage items.
                            Those both make sense to me. Tide pens are inherently impulse buys. "Oh look, a Tide pen. That'll take care of this stain from lunch. " And canning is generally a summer activity, to preserve food for winter. But even if it doesn't make sense to me there's no reason to YELL about it. If that's the SC's biggest problem in life, trade with me.
                            "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Exaspera View Post
                              I always thought that the Midol should go right next to the feminine products!!!!!

You know, that's really a good idea; I think I'm going to move ours on Monday. Heck, the Azo-Standard is there already, and that's an oral medication as well.

See, this is one advantage of working at an independent pharmacy: if we want to move stuff to a more logical location we don't have to worry about any backchat from Corporate, because Corporate is the guy standing next to me counting pills, and he owns the store...

Quoth Darkforge View Post
                              Ow! my back just spasmed from reading that... [Ben-Gay on bottom shelf]

I'm afraid I'd end up being a sucky customer in that shop as i'd have to ask the staff to get it for me (and I'm unfortunately a bit narky when my backs playing up)
                              Nothing sucky about that at all. I see no difference between asking someone to get you something down from the top shelf where you can't reach it, and asking someone to get you something up from the bottom shelf where you can't reach it either.

(You'd probably have to ask someone else, though; the way my back feels right now I couldn't reach it either. There's a reason I ranted about this particular idiocy.)

Quoth jedimaster91 View Post
                              I learned a long time ago that some products are rarely placed where it makes sense to normal people. Take for instance the Tide-to-Go pens. At my local Smiley Face Empire, they are with the impulse items at the checkout and not in the laundry aisle.
                              Speaking of laundry aisles, will someone who works for ShopWright please explain to me what possessed them to put the distilled water next to the detergent, rather than with the drinking water where everyone else keeps it? Are they so far behind the times that they really think that steam irons are still the primary use for that stuff?

(I did notice that they charge less than my own wholesaler for the stuff, so every now and then we stop off there and pick up a couple cases. Why should I pay $8.62 for six bottles when SR sells them for 99¢ each?)

Quoth Trixie View Post
                              We have some lip balm in with the lotions but most of ours is between the cough drops and allergy medicine.
                              I've wondered about that myself. All I could come up with is that they put it there for people with oral lesions caused by HSV-1, which tend to break out when the sufferers' immune systems are stressed (such as when they have a cold, hence the nickname "cold sores"). It would make more sense to have it with the teethbreesh, no?

Comment

Working...
                              X