Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oh sorry, you did not win, what do we have for them Johny? NOTHING!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh sorry, you did not win, what do we have for them Johny? NOTHING!

I had not one but two Nigerians today (Nigerian being the codeword at work for the scammers who abuse the relay system, so named because invariably they all use a variation on the Nigerian scam).
    The first one wasn't too eventful, it took a while to get enough evidence that they were a scammer to be able to block them, but half an hour later, we got it, we sent them the [Due to suspicious activity this account has been flagged for potential fraudulant use/misuse of the relay system. Pending further investigation this account will not be able to place any further calls. Questions please contact customer support at (email address)].
    Giving him credit, he realized quickly that he was caught and quickly broke the connection giving up for the time being.
    Second scammer though, oh he was fun.
    We caught him in less than 5 minutes (general rule of thumb, don't want the coveted 'Nigerian' label, don't be so obvious as to ask to overpay for something with a credit card, that incidentally is coming up on the hearing user's system as being declined for potential fraud, and ask to have the excess wired out of country).
    We gave him the same message. Now we can't disconnect immediately, we have to keep the connection open until a manager adds their IP address to the blocked list... main reason for doing that is that as long as you are connected to a relay operator you can't make a connection to a second one, we keep them on the line to keep them from connecting to a second operator before we can block them. Oh this guy was fun, as soon as I sent that he starts
    -But my call wasn't finished
    -Can I call a different number
    -How am I supposed to get my money without being able to make calls (oh yeah, thanks for proving our suspicions...)
    -You are all going to burn in hell
    and my personal favorite (btw, we aren't responding to these, just keeping the connection open)
    - This isn't over yet asshole (oh, I beg to differ)
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

That's just awful. Though it was good that you stopped the scam.
    Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

I rememberback in the 90s when I had my frame shop, getting snail mail from Nigerian scammers. And I had heard about them way before that! This stuff has been going on for more than 30 years.
      Dull women have immaculate homes.

Comment

Working...
      X