This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Customer or C**tstomer? (Got long)

I hope I can tell this story correctly. It's getting kinda convoluted, but I'll explain it best I can. And glancing down at the time, it's already been at least 2 hours since this has been happening.

SC comes in and says she should get a free night per the promotion we had in April. We ended that promotion in April and have a different one in May. Her first stay with us was the 26th. So, who told her she qualified for a free night?

Anyways, she gets on the phone with central reservations(C Res) and they can't confirm that she stayed again on the 31st. They have the info for the 26th. So she hangs up. Me and the SC have a little dance where I try and explain to her that I can fax the reservation so C Res can confirm it.

SC: But they said they don't have information of my stay on 5/31
    Me: I can fax it.

Repeat a few times.

Turns out that after I fax it, C Res, they still need 72 hours to process it. No good for the SC. She needs her free night tonight.So she has me call my supervisor to see if she can stay and get credited once it clears. I tell her we cannot do that, but she still wants me to call supervisor. I call supervisor to humor the SC

Supervisor tells me the same thing and we have no control over the promotions. Great, thank you supervisor. I knew there was a reason I wanted you to have my babies.

I relay this information so SC tries another idea. What if she checks in and gives us the cash in the morning?

Me: If the credit card declines, I can't check you in.

I do the check in, and sure enough CC declines.

SC: Can you call your supervisor to see if she'll let you make an exception? WTF! If SC isn't taking my word for anything, why the hell am I here?

I call and once again supervisor backs me up. She calls GM and GM backs us both up. Thanks GM, If I went gay, it'd be for you.

So now, she's putting in a complaint to C Res because she was told one thing by regular Night Auditor and Supervisor, but not getting it now. Guess what, you jsut spoke to Supervisor, and she does not remember you. And if she did, she would have left a note because she's very good at leaving those.
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

I love the "I'll pay you cash in the morning people." Yeah, right. We both know we'll never see you in the office again.

I have made exceptions, on very rare occasions for regulars who I liked (or who bribed me with lattes) and who had come under odd circumstances, but they're not the rule.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

"I would gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today."

(Man, I haven't thought of that line in ages!)
      I suspect that... inside every adult (sometimes not very far inside) is a bratty kid who wants everything his own way.
      - Bill Watterson

My co-workers: They're there when they need me.
      - IPF

Comment

o boy
        yeah that has scam written all over it

Comment

Quoth HawaiianShirts View Post
          "I would gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today."

(Man, I haven't thought of that line in ages!)
          And speaking of ages, yours is showing.
          "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Had a customer ask if they could leave their drivers license behind and pay for 200$ worth of groceries later since their CC declined......

Whats with people?
            Fan? This is shit. Shit? Meet fan.

Comment

the check's in the mail...

scamalicious, baby.
              look! it's ghengis khan!
              Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
                And speaking of ages, yours is showing.
                *wings a can of spinach at sheldon*
                "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

I yam what I yam...
                  I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                  Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                  Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

"I bet one legend that keeps recurring throughout history, in every culture, is the story of Popeye." -Jack Handy

Update: Even though Night Auditor was told not to check in SC without a deposit, he did anyways. Lucky for the hotel, there weren't any damages.
                    Last edited by Mr Hero; 06-03-2010, 12:51 AM.
                    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                      *wings a can of spinach at sheldon*
                      How long I've dreamed of having your can coming at my face. hehehe
                      "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Working...
                      X