This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome back, Dave!

But yeah, sorry the Bimmer gig didn't work out.

I really like Plaid's idea. If nothing else, maybe Morgan Freeman's soothing voice would have calmed this idiot down.

My thought was to start spewing out GPS co-ordinates (real, made-up, or a combo), and descrbe at such and such location is a log that measures (whatever), then at so and so, a rock that is (whatever) shape, color, and size, and so on.

Mike
    Meow.........

Comment

Geek King's Generic Beach Description:

The blue waters playfully lap upon the sand, moving each grain to nature's whim while at the same time smoothing out the rough patches left by walking feet. The waves froth and boil with white foam as people bob up and down at their passing. Farther out, you can see a boat make its way home as clouds gather on the horizon, distant, yet menacing. It makes you feel small and fearful, like early man standing before the gods they created in their heads.

Free for use, I just want a footnote.
      The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
      "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
      Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Missed you Dave, but I'm sad you are back at your old job.

Comment

also am among those who are glad to see you back, albeit not under ideal conditions.

Guest: that tells me nothing...I need a better description
          well, sir, your request specifies nothing, so you got what you asked for.
          look! it's ghengis khan!
          Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

So happy!!

I have missed you horribly!! Welcome back

Comment

Missed ya, VRS. Sorry the Beemer thing didn't work out. Hey, I got more for ya now that you're back to dealing with those morons.
              I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
              Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
              Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth vacation_rentals_suck View Post

Me: well it's ten miles long and was rated one of the top nature beaches in the US

That, to me, says it's a very nice beach, but eh, there's no satisfying some people.

I mean, what else do you want to know, Mr. Oh-I'm-So Important? I'd be SO glad if there was a super-venomous snake there, that bit him

Comment

I'd be curious as to whether it's a rock beach, a sand beach, backed by cliffs or mangrove swamp or dunes, fronting onto smooth water or surf or sandbanks...

There is actually a great deal of information you can provide about a beach. But the customer could have been more precise in his question.

Your employers could do a great deal to make your job easier, VRS. Like providing this sort of information!
                  Seshat's self-help guide:
                  1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                  2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                  3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                  4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

I'd turn it around on the guy..

"Ok, if you don't like my description.. you give me a description of what kind of beach you want to go to.. We'll do a check list and I'll tell ya if every single piece you're looking for is there or not. Ready-go."
                    Fixing problems... one broken customer at a time.

Comment

DAVE'S BACK! SCORE!

Quoth Plaidman View Post
                      I have a friend who is very verbose with description that can easily take a half hour to describe a person's eye. Want me to ask him to do that for ya?
                      For grins and giggles, do it.

Quoth JustaCashier View Post
                      My thought was to start spewing out GPS co-ordinates (real, made-up, or a combo), and descrbe at such and such location is a log that measures (whatever), then at so and so, a rock that is (whatever) shape, color, and size, and so on.
                      Ooooh, now THERE'S an idea!

..wait, is it a sandy beach or the kinda pebbly kind that's in Virginia Beach (And Rockport. And Fulton. And, ya know, I didn't actually hit WHITE SANDY BEACH until Port Aransas....)?
                      Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Dave! I've missed you! You're back!

Too bad those brain donor vacationers are back too.

But they do make for a fun read.

Comment

I'm chiming in with a "sorry you're back, but yay!" Also, how does "Top 10 nature beach in the US" qualify as "not descriptive"? That pretty much tells me all I want to hear.
                          Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

*pushes my sucky travel customers to you* It's about time I've had some help! My boss is currently in Greece until September, which means I've had to sit there and be yelled at all by myself. But now that you're back in the travel business, perhaps they'll flock back to you! Hope your company deals with Greece, Turkey, and Isreal!
                            Seriously, we missed you!
                            "But I don't want to be among mad people."
                            You can't help that. We're all mad here. Every fucking one of us.

Comment

"Well, sir, it's a lovely sandy beach, stretching ten miles long, with plenty of room for strolling with your lady--or gentleman--of choice. Being rated so highly, it gets many visitors, most of whom enjoy it in a variety of swimwear. Some swim in the ocean, some frolic in the water...others prefer to lay out and get sun, still others like to build sand castles with their children. Sailboats sail on the horizon, and seagulls circle overhead, looking for fish and scraps left by people. And the teen girls....what can I say about the teen girls in bikinis? Lovely, they are, and so young and fresh and nubile....almost as lovely as the young teen boys and their rock hard abs....

I'm sorry, what were you asking?"

Quoth Ree View Post
                              Ummm...you do realize, VRS, and everyone else, that you can still stay here and post and participate, even if you change jobs and no longer work in an area where you have sucky customers?
                              I'm a perfect example. After all, I love my job and most of my customers are pretty decent. And yet, sometimes you can't shut me up in here.

Quoth ArcticChicken View Post
                              I think I take schadenfreude to an unhealthy level.
                              I think most of the people who read this site do.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                              Still A Customer."

Comment

I'm sorry you are dealing with the suck again but....

WELCOME BACK! we missed you! I just did a little happy dance when I saw you were back..... it's true... you can ask The Beau. He said "What the Hell is wrong with you." and I says "Dave is back!"**Insert happy dance**

....He rolled his eyes a walked away.....^_^
                                "I'm not smiling because I'm happy. I'm smiling because every time I blink your head explodes!"
                                -Red

Comment

Working...
                                X