Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This. I couldn't tell you how many times I've had a car full of people who proceed to take their sweet time to order, and when they finally do, its one of those huge fifty dollar orders. Bonus suck points if they're arguing about who's going to pay, meanwhile I have a line that wraps around the building and leads to the road.
    Bonus points if they change their order at *both* windows and then demand a refund because making the thing three times took too long.
    Now the trouble about trying to make yourself stupider than you really are is that you very often succeed.

Comment

How about the drive-thru banks? Thankfully, I have direct deposit and can use the drive-thru ATM, but it's a pet peeve of mine when the person in front of you is so impatient with the person already in line using it. Then, it's their turn, and they don't have their debit card out. Then, when they do get it out, they're trying to withdraw money they don't have, so you then see them get on their cell phone to argue with someone at home about what happened to their money.

Comment

Here's what I'd like to add for my drive thru customers..

This is a pharmacy, not a bank. You don't put your prescription in the carrier and have your medicine sent back to you immediately. It is still going to take 15-20 minutes just like when you drop it off inside. You need to drive away and come back later.

Also, speaking of the carrier, please use it. We don't have time to take the tubes apart looking for your prescription if it gets stuck somewhere.

Wonder what is taking so long at the drive thru window? Well you just answered your own question when you spent 5 minutes looking through your purse to find your new insurance card.

Oh and by the way, you are waiving your HIPAA rights when you use the drive thru as well, so if your medicine is something embarassing you might want to come inside rather than have the pharmacist counsel you on the medication through the intercom system so everyone outside can hear.

Lasty, it is for prescriptions only. I am not going to run across the store to get you milk or potato chips, etc. If you want to shop, come inside.

Comment

Quoth RxBoy View Post
          Lasty, it is for prescriptions only. I am not going to run across the store to get you milk or potato chips, etc. If you want to shop, come inside.
          Can't you require them to have a prescription for that stuff if they want to get it at the pharmacy drive-thru?
          "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Now that I am back working at the bank

These are some of my own pet peeves whenever I have to work at the drive-thru:

*If you are withdrawing or getting cash back, remember to put in at least your government-issued photo ID. I don't want to give your money to an impostor. Leaving your ID at home or losing it with your wallet is not an excuse.

*If you want to to cash your check and turn around and deposit the whole amount back into your account, please let us know! Don't assume just because you wrote the check amount on the cash section we will cash it and then deposit it. We are not mind-readers.

*If you want to cash a check, do not fill out a deposit slip, sign it, and send it out to us. We will deposit those checks because that is what the slip is for.

*If you want to get cash back in specific amount of bills, either write a small list with your check/withdrawal slip or at least let us know verbally with our confirmation. Don't tell us at the end that if we gave it to know in the change you wanted it after we send out your money to you.

*Please know exactly what you are doing before you pull over in our drive thru. Don't come in thinking slowly what you want to do, ask for a balance, then ask for a pen, have me add/subtract for you, and solve these complex customer issues at the drive-thru. That is disrespectful to the customers behind you.

*If we need to ask you a question regarding your transaction, please do not ignore us because you are talking on your cellphone. Customers are patiently waiting behind you.

Comment

Oh dear lord, I so agree. I worked at the DT when I was in high school! The worst people are the ones that apparently keep all of their money tucked around the floor mats in their car but they just can't remember which floor mat it was...

Comment

some days i miss the DT at Sbux. but...mostly not. here's my list ^_^

~don't park so far away that half my body is out the window!
                ~i'm not going to tell you in detail about every kind of whole bean coffee we have. yes, i do help people at my window. but if you want to shop...listen to your husband/boyfriend/brother/whatever he is and come inside!
                ~get. off. your. cellphone!
                ~turn down your music! i can't hear you over the BOOM BOOM BOOM ruckus coming out of your speakers
                ~...please don't hand me wet money.

ooooooh DT...ugh.
                If you want to be happy, be. ~Leo Tolstoy

i'm on fb and xbox live; pm me if ya wanna be "friends"
                ^_^

Comment

Quoth MrsEclipse View Post
                  "Hmmm... Let's... Let's see... Okay, I think I'll have the... uh... the number 8... with uh... no, wait. Hmm... Hmm... No, the... uh... the number nine and...uh... nah, on second thought, that doesn't look too good. I mean... I might want the number three... But the fries don't really sound good. Y'know, I'm not actually sure that I'm hungry..."
                  This is (part of) why I love Sonic Drive-In...Everybody pulls up to their own parking spot with their own set of menu boards, with their own mic...and, most importantly, their own little button you press AFTER you know what you wanna order ^_^ I'm sure it makes things easier for the workers there, too.

btw Kudos to the (new) one I went to on Monday...I had my combo out in like two minutes, which is unheard of at the location I normally go to. I've waited as long as ten before (for a simple, "#2, ketchup only, coke"-type of order) -- and, keep in mind that this "new" location had MORE cars waiting than I'd ever seen at my normal Sonic.
                  "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                  "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                  "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                  "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                  "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                  "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                  Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                  "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

In reference to Green_Fairy "wet money" for my own sanity I always assumed that they had just come from the lake, otherwise I would probably have nothing but nubbins left from washing my hands so vigorously.

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                      btw Kudos to the (new) one I went to on Monday...I had my combo out in like two minutes, which is unheard of at the location I normally go to. I've waited as long as ten before (for a simple, "#2, ketchup only, coke"-type of order) -- and, keep in mind that this "new" location had MORE cars waiting than I'd ever seen at my normal Sonic.
                      That's because the people at the new location haven't yet been worn down by the grind of working fast food. Give 'em time... give 'em time.
                      Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

Working...
                      X