This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how incovenient

while I was gone, I think my managers grew a spine and you will see why here shortly

Guest: Dave, my friend is coming to visit me and she needs a gate pass

Me: ok she can come by our office

(keep in mind she passes the office on the way in anyway)

Guest: uh no, that's very inconvenient.....I just want her to come straight in

Me: well she has to come here and get a pass

Guest: cant an exception be made?

Me: its the town's policy, not ours

Guest: well why was I not told this when making my reservation that it would be so difficult to get her through the gate? Can I get an adjustment on my bill for this huge inconvenience?

Me: If you want, I can give you the number for the guard house and you can see if they might let her through

Guest: what, you cant call them for me?

Me: well I can give you the number

Guest: so I am expected to make a second phone call? You know I am about to cancel this whole trip and go home. This has been an absolute nightmare from the word go and I wasnt going to say anything but let me tell you what this place looked like when I checked in....filthy would be an understatement (and on and on for 12 minutes)

The manager told her she was not getting any money back offered to send the housekeepers back down but she refused saying she didnt want to be disturbed on her vacation

Good thing your manager stood up to them this time, unlike in most of your previous posts.

I imagine that your office is very far from the gate? If that's the case, I don't see why said guest is making a huge deal of this

Comment

"she didnt want to be disturbed on her vacation"

I'd say she was disturbed BEFORE her vacation.
      "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Quoth vacation_rentals_suck View Post

Guest: well why was I not told this when making my reservation that it would be so difficult to get her through the gate? Can I get an adjustment on my bill for this huge inconvenience?
        Oh wow, if this is a huge inconvenience for this person, then I envy them. They clearly have no idea what an actual inconvenience is. Good grief.
        *mumbles* adjustment on the bill indeed *mumbles*

Comment

Quoth Oser Prillan View Post
          Good thing your manager stood up to them this time, unlike in most of your previous posts.

I imagine that your office is very far from the gate? If that's the case, I don't see why said guest is making a huge deal of this
          As Dave said, the person has to walk by the office anyway, so the guest is just angry because their friend has to take a 2 second stop along the way. It be like this map I made.

ENTRANCE-----OFFICE-------FRIEND.

The guest is very angry that the place can't teleport the person from entrance to friend.
          Military Spouse Support.
          http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
          Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

I must say, sometimes it must be fun to wind up these idiots. Dave does it well, with a professional calmness - not playing into their histrionics, can't be easy.

Comment

Quoth Damien View Post
              I must say, sometimes it must be fun to wind up these idiots. Dave does it well, with a professional calmness - not playing into their histrionics, can't be easy.
              The longer you're in a call centre, the more you allow yourself to laugh on the inside. I take particular pleasure in doing just this, provided call volume is down and we're having a slow day. I'm just glad most of the people I talk to are no where near the level of vile that Dave puts up with.
              If brains were gunpowder some would not have enough to blow their nose off!! ~RobertM

Getting married for the cake is like getting arrested for the free photo. ~ EvilEmpryss

Comment

I think they grew a spine because they had to take some of your calls while you were away. :P

Comment

Honestly, I think she was saying it was more of an inconveince for her. My guess it that her "friend", was a "special friend" that she didn't want people to know she had over. Most likely an affair.
                  Just because they serve you, doesn't mean they like you. And just because they smile and act polite doesn't mean they aren't planning to destroy you.

"I put the laughter in slaughter."

Comment

Guest: so I am expected to make a second phone call? You know I am about to cancel this whole trip and go home.
                    Oh NOES you have to push those little buttons another time! Will the nightmare never end?! [/drama]

Pathetic. I should have such an "absolute nightmare" of a life.
                    Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
                    "she didnt want to be disturbed on her vacation"

I'd say she was disturbed BEFORE her vacation.
                    Without a doubt!
                    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                    My LiveJournal
                    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

DAVE!

All this time away from us and you haven't written that book yet? I'm about ready to take your posts and publish them myself! I'm sorry that you're stuck in hell again, but your stories are always....mind blowingly epic.

Any suggestions on a title?

I've got 'Rental Rage' , 'Vacations from 'Hell'' , 'Why Do They Even Come?'
                      "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Quoth LillFilly View Post
                        DAVE!

All this time away from us and you haven't written that book yet? I'm about ready to take your posts and publish them myself! I'm sorry that you're stuck in hell again, but your stories are always....mind blowingly epic.

Any suggestions on a title?

I've got 'Rental Rage' , 'Vacations from 'Hell'' , 'Why Do They Even Come?'
                        Thanks for coming, now go away!
                        EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Quoth LillFilly View Post
                          ...Any suggestions on a title?
                          "If It Hurts When You Get Some, You're Doing It Wrong"
                          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Guest: uh no, that's very inconvenient.....I just want her to come straight in
                            VRS: "Oh that's okay. We'll just leave the gate open that day."

SC: "Oh no! You might let in riff raff, who would want to go on the beach and enjoy themselves. Thus spoiling my exclusive, expensive hoilday resort. What I want is the security and privacy of a gated town without the inconvenience of a gate."

"I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                              "If It Hurts When You Get Some, You're Doing It Wrong"
                              *Snorts-cackles-chokes-hacks-gags*

....Oh gods, blood on the screen!

*Cleans it up*

Stupid dry air drying out my nose and making me all bleedy and stupid funny stuff being posted and stupid me for not opening my stupid mouth and ew.
                              Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Working...
                              X