This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poured on and the 45-minute wait for the bathroom

So, yesterday, my immediate area got hit with some storms. At "2θ(180° Flags Moderately Decent America," we were hit with two storms yesterday, and both times, I was just poured on. What the hell? A supervisor didn't even come out, and all the prizes got wet as a consequence.

Also, I had to use the bathroom really badly around 6:30 PM. No area sups were to be seen (and this shouldn't pose a problem, there were 3 plus 2 leads). I saw none of them, so I flagged down some other supervisor and had him radio to my local for a replacement. After 20 minutes, nothing, so I flag down another one. He radios, and I wait. 20 more freaking minutes, and still nothing! I flag down a third sup from another department, and he radios. About then, I see one of my sups on her way down, so finally I get to use the restroom, after 45 minutes of waiting. Ugh.

This wouldn't be on the board right now if not for this gem of a transaction:

Me: Hi there, would you like to play Mini Hammer Throw? $5 means you can play until you win and pick from one of these fantastic prizes.

SC: Can I have one of these hats for free?

Me: (Jesus fucking Christ) No, you cannot. I'm not losing my job over a $5 hat.

SC: You're just minimum wage, so you don't matter anyway.

Me: Minimum wage is difficult to find! I'm just glad I got a job before the market dropped out! (Bitch.)

I hate EWs. So much (even though that's not a pure EW, just one that wants to use the economy as a bargaining chip.)
    http://www.pirikapirilala.tk

Check out my blog today!

Quoth octopi23 View Post
    SC: You're just minimum wage, so you don't matter anyway.
    i absolutely hate that kind of attitude. and what a freaking bitch!! she doesn't matter.
    there's some people with issues that medication, therapy or a baseball bat just can't cure

Comment

Quoth AyreBiskits View Post
      i absolutely hate that kind of attitude. and what a freaking bitch!! she doesn't matter.
      Yep. In the meantime, I'm considering asking to be moved to a busier part of the park, because that would lead to more foot traffic and more employee rewards.

Check out my blog today!

Comment

I worked in another park in that chain in high school. I feel your pain on the restroom thing. I worked in one of the shops way back in the back usually by myself. If I needed to use the restroom I'd have to call down to one of the bigger shops and beg them to watch the store. Another fun thing was having someone use a $100 bill on a $3 fan first thing in the morning. Once again I'd have to beg someone to watch the shop while I went to cash control on the other side of the park.
        Question authority, but raise your hand first. -Alan M. Bershowitz

Comment

Quoth Teysa View Post
          I worked in another park in that chain in high school. I feel your pain on the restroom thing. I worked in one of the shops way back in the back usually by myself. If I needed to use the restroom I'd have to call down to one of the bigger shops and beg them to watch the store. Another fun thing was having someone use a $100 bill on a $3 fan first thing in the morning. Once again I'd have to beg someone to watch the shop while I went to cash control on the other side of the park.
          Which one? Perhaps "Freight Adventure," or "Over the State above Florida," or "Ain't Louis," maybe?

Check out my blog today!

Comment

None of the above. I worked at the original. What's really scary is I'm seriously considering trying to get a second job there since they're only about ten minutes away from where I currently work.

Comment

Quoth Teysa View Post
              None of the above. I worked at the original. What's really scary is I'm seriously considering trying to get a second job there since they're only about ten minutes away from where I currently work.
              Dunno if you know, but have they fixed Shockwave yet?

Check out my blog today!

Comment

Not sure on that one. It's actually been years since I've visited the park. I know they're renovating the Giant. Just so I can age myself a bit, I remember when they first built that coaster.

Keep your chin up, while you will get your share of SCs and irritating co-workers, you will also have lots of fun times and make new friends. If you return next season try to get into merchandising. At least there you're indoors most of the time, plus the experience will give you a better chance of landing a mall job.

Comment

I remember when they made the terrible, terrible mistake of opening a location in New Orleans East...out of the way of people who actually had the cash to blow, highest-crime area to be found outside of Downtown, and there was absolutely zero demand...For those who doubt that last part, keep in mind that (iirc) they took over the old rides from the LAST theme park that had that spot, which ALSO failed miserably. I wanna say that Katrina put it out of its misery, but I'm not sure that it even lasted that long >_<
                  "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                  "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                  "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                  "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                  "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                  "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                  Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                  "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                    I remember when they made the terrible, terrible mistake of opening a location in New Orleans East...out of the way of people who actually had the cash to blow, highest-crime area to be found outside of Downtown, and there was absolutely zero demand...For those who doubt that last part, keep in mind that (iirc) they took over the old rides from the LAST theme park that had that spot, which ALSO failed miserably. I wanna say that Katrina put it out of its misery, but I'm not sure that it even lasted that long >_<
                    Katrina did, in fact, do it in.

Check out my blog today!

Comment

Working...
                    X