This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Don't Have to Give My Phone Number

Yesterday, a customer made a return. When the return slip printed, I told the customer that I needed a signature, phone number, and reason. The customer told me that the store directore told her that she didn't need to give her phone number and so did the law. I checked with another coworker about the last part and he informed me that there was no such law.
    My Fanfic Page
    My Fiction Page
    My Social Group
    My Pet Social Group
    My You Tube Channel

Weeellll, you also don't have to give a return. There's no law that says you have to. So if she doesn't want to play the game, she can just leave. In this case, your store director has more say-so in how to proceed.
    A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Oh, you haven't heard about that new law? It was just passed by the King of America and it reads "Stupid lady doesn't have to give out her phone number because she thinks she's special."
      !
      "For truth is always strange; stranger than fiction." -- Lord Byron

Comment

I always loved it when customers demanded, and claimed it was the law that I was required to give them my manager's personal home number at 3 in the morning to get her to get me to sell them beer pass legal hours. (2:30 am is cut off time).
        Military Spouse Support.
        http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
        Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

Okay, this may be an extreme response, but for customers like this here's an idea:

Purchase a copy (one volume will do, if your state has that large of one) of the civil code and when a customer says "It's the LAW" pull out the book and ask them to point to said law!

Okay, so it's only an idea -- but it would put them in their place!
          I will not be pushed, stamped, filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own. --#6

Comment

Out of curiosity, how many times do you guys end up actually having to -use- their phone number after they've made a call?

Ever been to a college fair, where everyone's giving out freebies and wants your email/phone number? ever...oh..I dunno...put an old number down and mispell your email? I'm not saying it's a good idea if you need the number for a legitimate reason, such as making sure payment info is correct, etc. But when all those churches want my info in exchange for a free..notebook? I suddenly become dyslexic. >_> I'm also non-google-able and love it.
            I went to a bookstore and asked the saleswoman, "Where's the self-help section?" She said if she told me, it would defeat the purpose. ~George Carlin.

Comment

i love the times when someone claims "it's the LAW"
              especially when they claim to be a lawyer too
              only to have a lawyer or someone who knows the real law
              put them in their place

pwnage is good

Comment

Working...
              X