Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crazed clerk presents "Attack of the stupids" (in 3D!)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Dave1982 View Post
    "No, YOU called ME a liar, sir. And I do not like it. GTFO"
    Door's to your left.

Comment

Quoth dbuzman View Post
      Door's to your left.
      ...and heeeeeeeeeere's your sign.

Oh wait, wrong source.

to The Gord
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
        I had it, too. I din't quite HATE it....but then I didn't hate the Atari pac-man either. I had no taste.
        Well, to be fair, the last game system I played was an Atari 2600....

I was just listening to one of the "Nerdist" podcasts and they were talking about how "cool" they used to think it was to take the game cartridges to school with them. That show is hilarious!
        It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
          I didn't hate the Atari pac-man either.
          I did. That was one of the biggest disappointments back in that part of my life. Even though back then, it was pretty much accepted that the home version of the game wasn't going to be quite like the arcade game.

Now, with today's computers, I have a perfect version of Pac-man, and all kinds of other versions I never got to check out back then.
          Sometimes life is altered.
          Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
          Uneasy with confrontation.
          Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
            No, I said you were fired.
            Oh. That's much worse.
            *hiccup*

/filler
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post
              Now, with today's computers, I have a perfect version of Pac-man, and all kinds of other versions I never got to check out back then.
              Thing is, I always liked MS Pacman (which was literally a mod of the original, iirc) better, and was much better at it -- especially if it had a speed-up kit on that ramped even the first level up to "how the **** can you play this?!" speeds My best run was in a bowling alley once...I got "in the zone" and lasted...45 minutes? I didn't lose my focus until a friend who was watching piped up with "...At what point do they stop turning blue" -- My concentration broken, I then lost 5 lives in two levels >_<

If you're a fan of either one, anyhow, I heartily recommend Pac Man Championship edition, It's superlative. Been on 360 as disc and DL for a long time, I think it's on PSN as well.
              "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
              "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
              "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
              "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
              "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)

Comment

I just can't believe people returning a game cuz they don't like it.

I mean if you're not sure you're going to enjoy a game then instead of BUYING it first... rent it, or download a demo (as it seems a ton of game's nowadays have demos out as well).

problem solved.
                Common sense... So rare it's a goddamn superpower.

Comment

Quoth CrazedClerkthe2nd View Post
                  I get that last one at least once a day usually and it drives me made because there is no such thing as a "Regular" DS. There is an original DS, a DS Lite, a DSi and a DSi XL.

You might think by "regular" DS they mean original DS but they usually mean the DS lite.
                  I own an original DS. I can't count the amount of times I've used it in public and get the reaction "What is that!?". They always say they've never seen a DS like mine before. It's kind of funny, but jeez, the old bulky DSes aren't exactly obscure, I don't think.

Comment

Quoth MergedLoki View Post
                    I just can't believe people returning a game cuz they don't like it.
                    Well, most of the people who used to to do that on new products were just gaming the system (no pun intended) --- it was a major problem back when demos/trial versions were uncommon. Before the Playstation 1 era, demos on non-PC games were unheard of, and even the PC ones were frequently just Shareware that had to be unlocked via a cash infusion (DOOM was a pioneer of this, it made them serious money)

Comment

Working...
                    X