This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mystery Coupon

So I thought I would pass this gem along that happened to me at work earlier today. I had a customer call up and ask about a coupon that I'm pretty sure they just made up.

Me: *spiel*
    SC: Yah, I want you to explain to me how this coupon works, it says I get a free pizza.
    Me: I say ok, can you read to me exactly what the coupon says.

I do this because we have quite a few different type of school coupons that float around and change each year and from group to group. Some give free mediums, free larges, one topping, multiple topping. So I just have the people read to me exactly what it says on the card or sticker.

SC: It says I buy a regular pizza at menu price.
    Me: Umm, ok, and what else does it say?
    SC: Thats it all it says is I buy a pizza at regular menu price.
    Me: *horribly confused at this point* So the coupon only says that you can buy a pizza at regular menu price and doesn't say anything about a free pizza.
    SC: Yah, thats right.
    Me: Ok then I'll be honest I don't understand your question anymore.
    SC: Fine *click*

Am I the only person that is horribly confused by this, does it not seem that he somehow got a coupon saying he was allowed in the store to buy a pizza. Ohh, and part of the reason I also make people read exactly what it says on their card is that I've managed to catch a lot of people that purchased the card a couple years ago, and just kept saying they had it. I love catching the liars.

That's very weird....maybe he was reading a circular and thought that part was a coupon? Although, I can't see how he did, seeing as though he didn't even read you a price.

Comment

It sounds like a buy one get one free coupon that he was too dumb to explain.

Comment

Coupons, oh, don't get me started on coupons. People either only read part of it, or just see the word FREE or 1/2 OFF and go with that. Half of the time, they don't read to see if it has to be a specialty, or a single topping, or whatever, they just give us the coupon. Sometimes I REALLY wish coupons didn't exist!
        "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

Good idea having the customer read the thing back to you, though!
          Dull women have immaculate homes.

Comment

While I love the general concept of coupons, which does give repeat customers quite often, I don't like the customers that come with them sometimes. Have had people try to give me coupons for Product A when they're buying Product D, or get angry when I say I can't take the coupon that expired a year ago.
            Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

Working...
            X